[Official] PokeMMO Winter Bash!

Thoth

Thoth has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "[Official] PokeMMO Winter Bash!".

------------------------------

----------------------------------------

If enough people show interest I may open up 64 slots. Do you guys think we could get 64 people? Ill ask around.

>Come to thread

>Post is edited

Well that was disappointing.

And yes, for a Shiny Jynx you could probably get 128 participants without breaking a sweat. I understand you "can't please everyone", but if you don't want all of the typical tournament goers to be participating, why have it be a tournament? Why not some other kind of event like that Magikarp Contest or that Safari Contest?

64 would just be too many to handle. Lets leave it at 32. And I can't please everyone. But i am staggering the registration times to allow for more diverse players to participate.

Why not just do a multi-part Tournament? 64/128. Narrow it down to half of that one day. Narrow that half to a quarter of it the next day. Final Rounds the third day. Doesn't even have to be days consecutively. Can make it a Saturday/Sunday of 3 weekends in a row. You can easily find enough people. EASILY.

I think between now and then, GMs who hold other contests, like say the magikarp one, should try to make it so that the winner and possibly runner up have a chance to enter. Or at least hold one day in advance contests either on forums or pokemmo. Like let the people know a contest is going to happen at 6 pm est saturday, but don't let them know what the contest is. I think that'd be a better way to recruit people.

I literally browsed the forums for 3 hours today, then left for 15 min to make pasta, and that was the 15 min registration opened and closed.

Why not just do a multi-part Tournament? 64/128. Narrow it down to half of that one day. Narrow that half to a quarter of it the next day. Final Rounds the third day. Doesn't even have to be days consecutively. Can make it a Saturday/Sunday of 3 weekends in a row. You can easily find enough people. EASILY.

If this is what u gonna do, I will have to give up my spot, I cant play 24th of december as that is when we celebrate christmas in my country and I doubt it would be taken lightly if I sit and play a computer game during the christmas dinner

or just have as many people sign up in one day as possible. then randomly pick 32 contestants. doesnt have to be one day. doesnt have to be 32. but randomly picking the participants reduces the need for timezones. just a suggestion :)

Worst suggestion ever. How pissed off would you be to put together a specific level 30 NFE team for this 1 tournament only to not get drawn out of a hat on the day?

These NFE battles, especially with a lack of Chansey won't even take that long. 64/128 slot should be no problems as long as you run multiple games at a time. Pretty much any online tournament in existence will run every match in a round at once and that will give time for double elim as well. This is pretty short round pokemon, so even 5 or 6 battles being done at a time with multiple refs watching each one could run through pretty fast.

If this is what u gonna do, I will have to give up my spot, I cant play 24th of december as that is when we celebrate christmas in my country and I doubt it would be taken lightly if I sit and play a computer game during the christmas dinner

... Did you even read what I said? I said multiple weekends. As in:

Round 1: December 23rd.

Round 2: December 30th.

Final Round: January 6th.

3 Weekends in a row. 1 Round per weekend so it gives people the week to do their Holiday stuff.

I can't believe some people in here are trying to convince staff to quadrupled the entrants and make it a several day tournament. Don't you guys have plans for the holidays?

I assume this is pointed at me because I'm the only one who made that suggestion. And you, as well as the person I quoted above, can't read properly. Read what I just said to them.

My God people.

... Did you even read what I said? I said multiple weekends. As in:

Round 1: December 23rd.

Round 2: December 30th.

Final Round: January 6th.

3 Weekends in a row. 1 Round per weekend so it gives people the week to do their Holiday stuff.

I assume this is pointed at me because I'm the only one who made that suggestion. And you, as well as the person I quoted above, can't read properly. Read what I just said to them.

My God people.

Even worse, I am going to egypt for newyear.