New update pvp

I just want to say, maybe that's a misstake put the opcion to view the rival team before the battle, i mind, now we don't have the surprice factor! I don't know you guys but I don't like it, with all respect to the staff

Edited by BlkFH
Some fails

Yeah, i don't like that too. One of the reasons that made me prefer PokeMMO over Pokemon Showdown was the combat system, you couldn't know what your enemy had. Now, they're pretty similiar, just different tiers and items.

I guess they changed it because of Zoroark.

The "surprise" element takes away from a proper strategic gameplay.
There was scouting sure, but it was never the most proper strategy, it is a shuffle and doesn't show much skill.

Now with team preview you can think more about what you'll have to do through the game to win.
You can still surprise you opponent with un-usual movesets and builds.

That way you get to think more about your team's weaknesses and strengths
Hope you enjoy evolving yourself towards the true enjoyment of positioning your team and outpacing your opponent through well-thought plays ^^

4 minutes ago, MHkaserz said:

The "surprise" element takes away from a proper strategic gameplay.
There was scouting sure, but it was never the most proper strategy, it is a shuffle and doesn't show much skill.

Now with team preview you can think more about what you'll have to do through the game to win.
You can still surprise you opponent with un-usual movesets and builds.

That way you get to think more about your team's weaknesses and strengths
Hope you enjoy evolving yourself towards the true enjoyment of positioning your team and outpacing your opponent through well-thought plays ^^

You could actually do that by forcing your opponent to reveal certain mons by using yours and a well thought plan.  But oh well those days are over and probably aren't coming back.

For me, personal, I think it was better the old mode, because you don’t know what’s will come, I means, you don’t have an idea, now you can see the pokemons before used, that the thing I say, to me personal, i prefer the old mode

Edited by BlkFH
Some letters
1 hour ago, BlkFH said:

For me, personal, I think it was better the old mode, because you don’t know what’s will come, I means, you don’t have an idea, now you can see the pokemons before used, that the thing I say, to me personal, i prefer the old mode

think of it like playing a blind pick moba game, or an fps where you dont know what map is next.  its just less competitive w/o preview

I like the change, but I wouldn't say either side is more or less competitive than the other. just it's a slightly different competition now. 

Even still, as far as I know, if you don't battle in tournament mode, then there won't be a team preview. So there is always that option for you. It would be nice to eventually have it as one of the toggle buttons below next to all the clauses for those who don't like it, but for now it is what it is. 

9 hours ago, suigin said:

You could actually do that by forcing your opponent to reveal certain mons by using yours and a well thought plan.  But oh well those days are over and probably aren't coming back.

Ya, that's what I meant by scouting, but it isn't always reliable and depends...
Like I'm gonna double in case he has a Magnezone for my Ferro into a safe pivot (or to see his counter play generally), but unless they go hard into the counter (which isn't usually the smartest play) as I said it is more of a shuffle than a plan..

So ya I agree with you but with team preview you have better bases for the strategy and win-cons ...When sometimes your win con is to stall or just throw out your belly drum-er first turn. (something you couldn't do reliably without team preview), which is still smart if you notice that weakness in your opponent's draft.

You probably understand what I mean since you're a TC and such.. Anyway time to move forward and have fun with it :D 

This subforum is where you can go to ask all of your competitive questions regarding the PokeMMO's metagame or if you are seeking critique on your team.

If you create a new thread asking for assistance on your team, please include any relevant information, such as movesets, abilities, natures, and held items during your thread creation.

Threads that do not seek assistance about the PokeMMO metagame or a team build related to PokeMMO do not belong in Competition Assistance and will be removed.

This is not the place for us to discuss this, try general discussion. Feel free to create a new topic on it, or join a similar discussion here https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/91107-team-preview-zoroark-coincidence/