Team Battles/Team Ranking System

xStealthyNinjax

Battle Style for Team Battles  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which battle style would you prefer for Team Battles?

• 1 vs 1
    • 3 vs 3
    • 6 vs 6

Question

At this point the only benefits from being on a team is having a group of people to play the game with, I want to suggest team battles to change that. Aside from giving a more sturdy reason to be on a team, team battles would create something for teams to be ranked off of, creating competition. Now there are probably a lot of ways you could go about setting up actual team battles, and I'm assuming that's the reason why it hasn't been implemented yet, I have an idea though;

BasicsA team battle can be initiated by a team leader or commander, it will consist of 4 teams and last 5-6 hours to give every player a chance to score points for their team, also each team should only be allowed to participate in one team battle per 23 hours. Once initiated the team will enter a signup phase just like normal pvp, Teams would then be matched up by rank or at complete random. Having 4 teams participate in one battle will give smaller teams a chance to compete even if they are put up against a larger and stronger team. 

Defense: Each team will have a defense line if you will, consisting of 10 or fewer player's pokemon, (Pokemon which will be pre-selected by each player) fewer players only if the team has less than 10 members all together. Each teams defense line will consist of at maximum; 6 randomly chosen players from the team, 3 sentinels and the team leader. Sentinel could be a new rank given to players to ensure that their pokemon will be apart of your teams defense line (so this is a good rank to give to your strongest players). I also suggest there be an Apprentice rank, a rank given to a player to ensure their pokemon are NOT on the teams defense line, also with a maxium of 3.

Attack: Each member will have the chance to attack every team and score points. When attacking a team, each member must start at the beginning of that teams defense line and must defeat each player to move on to the next; first the 6 randomly chosen players, then the 3 sentinels, and then finally the team leader. Defeating an entire team should add up to 1000 points for your team no matter how many members they have. For example if a team only has 4 members including the leader, than each of them should be worth 250 points when defeated. This means each member can score a maximum of 3000 points by defeating each team in the battle. On an additional note, when a member is the first of their team to defeat another player, a replay of their battle should be available for their team (only) to watch (and afterwards their should be a battle summary so players can see how their pokemon were defeated and change their defenses accordingly). Now how we go about setting up the battles is another story. I feel it would be best as OU tournament style fighting, either 1v1, 3v3, or the traditional 6v6. 

Ranking: Each battle will have a 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th place team, I suggest this is how the reward system works:

1st place: 100+ points to rank

2nd place: 50+ points to rank

3rd place: 25+ points to rank 

4th place: 50- points to rank 

*Weekly/monthly prizes could be awarded to teams based on their rank as well, giving teams more incentive to battle and compete!*

The reward system could be edited so that if a team gets matched up with 3 way stronger teams (based on rank) if they lose they don't suffer that much

Now I do realize that there are still some problems with this setup. One being some teams have an unlimited amount of players and could bully other teams on size alone. This could be solved by setting a max score for each battle, 45000 points for example. that means 15 people with 3000 points, and if two teams both hit the max amount of points just have it keep raising until one team beats out the other. Or you could just straight up restrict the amount of players that are allowed to contribute to the battle, but that would only be if you can't find another solution to keep things as close to fair as possible. I also will acknowledge that most players probably would rather battle player versus player, not player versus bot, but battling like that would mean everyone your team would have to be online at the same time to battle and that creates new problems.

That's pretty much my spew, if you liked the idea please up-vote and share this post to get it more attention! And if you have any ideas relating to team battles leave a comment! 

Thanks for reading~

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet