New charm items

hello everyone!

I have few questions regarding the new charm items. 

I saw that only in the EXP charm description it is written the expiring time (1 hour); instead, regarding the other charms, nothing is written. Therefore, I would ask how much time they last and if they could last for more time.

Secondly, from the description it seems that there will be a comulative effect if i'm using more than one charm.  About this, my questions are :
1. T
he effect of a  particular charm (for example + 10% shiny) could be stack with bonuses of the same kind?
2. What kind of effect  I will obtain if I use more than one charm of the same kind? Something like a net 10%+10%+10%+.. (in this case +30%) or, instead,  something like 10%+ 10% of the previous %+ 10% of the previous % +  ... (in this case +12,1%)? I believe, if this case is a real possibility, that the second solution is the right answer (even because the shiny market will be broken soon instead).

thanks for your help!

Edited by Genka
4 minutes ago, Genka said:

I saw that only in the EXP charm description it is written the expiring time (1 hour); instead, regarding the other charms, nothing is written. Therefore, I would ask how much time they last and if they could last for more time.

All of the Charms last a duration of 1 hour.

5 minutes ago, Genka said:

1. The effect of a  particular charm (for example + 10% shiny) could be stack with bonuses of the same kind?
2. What kind of effect  I will obtain if I use more than one charm of the same kind? Something like a net 10%+10%+10%+.. (in this case +30%) or, instead,  something like 10%+

Charms cannot be stacked with other charms of the same kind. But the effects of the charm should still stack with Donator status if active.

1 hour ago, Linfanz said:

All of the Charms last a duration of 1 hour.

Charms cannot be stacked with other charms of the same kind. But the effects of the charm should still stack with Donator status if active.

Thank you for the explanation. Just a couple of question to conclude.

Regarding the Shiny charms, there is also a mention of a +5%  for link members. Supposing that all the members (for example 4) use the charm in the same moment, the real effect would be a net +25% (10%+5%+5%+5%) or instead a +11,5 % (10%+5% of the previous %+5
% of the previous %+ 5% of the previous % ) ?

Percents stack like this with the shiny charm:

100% x 1.1(charm) = 110%

110% x 1.1(donator) = 121%

121% x 1.05(link1) = 127.05%

127.05% x 1.05(link2) = 133.4025%

133.4025% x 1.05(link3) = 140.072625%

If its misworded on the item and it stacks to the same raw value instead of increasing the percent, then its only 135% at max.

100+10+10+5+5+5 = 135

According to the item, it should be the first one, but stuff has been worded terribly in the past so I'm not sure.  Which is it?

Edited by Aard
58 minutes ago, Desu said:

You do not get the link effect if you have another of the same type.

ok so is the max 127% or does the link just benefit others without the charm?  if its just others without the charm why let them mooch off you?

On the subject of the new Charm items, I've been told an answer and I just want to confirm with staff whether I'm right or wrong: are these Charms event-only and will no longer be available after the Chinese event, or are they here to stay? I have my doubts...

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Aard said:

So I'm supposed to reduce the price of shinies across the market out of the goodness of my heart?  No thanks.  Link bonus to me to or no link.

You don't seem to realize how to maximize the use of these buffs.  Group play is very much the best way to get the most out of your charms, and the most cost effective.

26 minutes ago, Munya said:

You don't seem to realize how to maximize the use of these buffs.  Group play is very much the best way to get the most out of your charms, and the most cost effective.

I asked if the link buff was given to the person with the charm and you said no.  Its not being explained well.

21 minutes ago, Munya said:

It doesn't, but if you want to maximize the effect, you each get 1 charm, use them one at a time, get 4 hours of buff for the price of 1 each.

Oh, if it extends your buff to 4 hours instead of 1 then that makes sense.  If you mean you just get all 4 buffs for 1 hour that's worthless since you dont ever care about more than 2 of the buffs at once.  If you're hunting shinies, what the point of a riches buff?  And if battling gyms for riches, whats the point of an item buff?  They don't really overlap that much.

Edit:  Okay, so after more thought I apologize because  I did come up with one use for the link bonus.  Basically, you tell people they can buy in for 500-750k into the link bonus and its a good deal for them since 5% would normally cost 1 mil if you cut the charm price in half.  Then if you get 3 people to buy in, you only pay ~500k for a charm that's normally over 2 mil.  So, I guess you can encourage people to game the system and not pay for their shiny charms.  I think I could get  850k probably then have money leftover after the other 3 pay for the full charm.  I'm not going to try it though since I don't care about shinies that much and there's better money.

Basically, you can effectively buy a 10% increase and sell a total of a 15% increase while keeping a 10% for yourself so you can profit by buying shiny charms and get them for free.  Is that the intended way this is supposed to work?  Who knows, but its a whole lot better than grouping four random buffs that don't interact together and have the people without the shiny buff mooch.

Edited by Aard
1 hour ago, Aard said:

Oh, if it extends your buff to 4 hours instead of 1 then that makes sense. 

It doesn't. What Munya is saying is that you can maximise the effects of the Shiny charm in a group of 4 by each having a shiny charm. Then each using it one at a time in your link group giving you a total of 4 boosted shiny rate hours; 1 hour being +10% and the other three +5%.

2 hours ago, MGRazor said:

On the subject of the new Charm items, I've been told an answer and I just want to confirm with staff whether I'm right or wrong: are these Charms event-only and will no longer be available after the Chinese event, or are they here to stay? I have my doubts...

Well there goes my question out the window :/

Here's some numbers for anyone who's curious! If I got anything wrong, please readily correct me I'm only human but I believe this is accurate:

If we presume 1/30,000 = Shiny Rate...

Normal Rate: 1/30,000 = 0.00003333333 (0.0033% chance with rounding to 4 decimal places)
Just Shiny Charm: (1 (base rate) x 1.1 (Shiny Charm 10%)) / 30,000 = 0.00003666666 (0.0037% chance with rounding)
Just Donator Status: (1 (base rate) x 1.1 (Donator Status 10%)) / 30,000 = 0.00003666666 (0.0037% chance with rounding)
Just Shared Shiny Charm via Link: (1 (base rate) x 1.05 (Shared Shiny Charm 5%)) / 30,000 = 0.000035 (0.0035% chance)
Shiny Charm + Donator Status: (1 (base rate) x 1.1 (Shiny Charm 10%) x 1.1 (Donator Status 10%)) / 30,000 = 0.00004033333 (0.004% chance with rounding)
Shared Shiny Charm + Donator Status: (1 (base rate) x 1.05 (Shared Shiny Charm 5%) x 1.1 (Donator Status 10%)) / 30,000 = 0.0000385 (0.0039% chance with rounding)

This means on AVERAGE the number of pokemon you would need to encounter to find a shiny would be:
Normal: 30000
Shiny Charm (10%): 27273
Donator Status (10%): 27273
Shared Shiny Charm (5%) + Donator Status (10%): 25974
Shiny Charm (10%) + Donator Status (10%): 24793

• Matoka locked this topic