Make Outrage great again

Bubaili

Question

Now we got the team review, I think bringing Outrage back to 120 power instead of 90 might be interesting. That move is useless right now because most people choose dragon claw which has the same power but without the confusion side effect. 

With the team review it is easy to check if there is a dragon in the opponent team and prepare its defense against it (steel mons, physical walls, etc) which was one of the main reason Outrage got nerfed before. Players just had to bring their dragons on a check/counter, set them with dragon dance and wipe out the opponent team with outrage. 

There is now a way to see it coming. It wouldnt be outrageous to bring outrage back to its original power. 

11 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, suigin said:

We cannot do changes that didn't happen in the games.

Was Outrage once base 90 in the original game?

Edit: Nvm I just checked it was before 4G. Didnt remember that.

In this case let put it back to 120, there isnt fairy type but there are plenty of steel mons in the top tiers to counter it. (ferro, skarmory, metagross, bronzong, foretress, magne, exca, etc...). 

Its easy to bring out a steel physical wall to block it once the dragon got blocked on outrage for 2-3 turns and will get confusion after that. 

Edited by Bubaili

I do agree that they should bring Outrage back to how its power was before(120)

Even though it's a very powerful move:

a) like they said, we have team previews now so we can see what the other person has, including any and every possible pokemon that could have outrage

b) Outrage is a double-edged sword move, while it has high power, it not only locks you into the move allowing the opponent to switch to a physical tank or steel type, but it also confuses you, giving you the change to hit yourself(which really does make a difference if you have high Attack and/or you can't switch out).

We don't even NEED fairy types to counter outrage. Plenty of teams in vgc back in the d/p/pt games were able to work around outrage and come out victorious and people now can work around it. Those who can't just suck at the game.

Edited by BoltBlades12
7 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

We don't even NEED fairy types to counter outrage. Plenty of teams in vgc back in the d/p/pt games were able to work around outrage and come out victorious and people now can work around it. Those who can't just suck at the game.

Outrage selects a random target in doubles so it has never seen much vgc usage.

Team preview and Outrage's base power got nothing, absolutely nothing to do with each other currently, at least not in this matter.

7 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Working around something doesn't mean it isn't broken. As you could probably notice, the direct effect of Outrage being broken was implementation of Fairy types in gen6. Additionally, we lack some of the most common Outrage switches in the game- Jirachi and Cresselia. Did you even do some calcs to see this buff's effect on our metagame? If no, let me give you some:

252+ Atk Choice Band Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 111-132 (51.6 - 61.3%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yeah, CB Salamence 2hkos a defensive behemoth, Hippowdon. Moxie mence when?

What else is being played defensively in our metagame? Oh, Gliscor:
252+ Atk Choice Band Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 108-127 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

I even gave it poison heal ^_^

252+ Atk Choice Band Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 144-171 (71.2 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

lol

There are literally only 3 switches in our entire OU for Outrage spam.

Skarm, Ferrothorn and defensive Scizor. I don't feel like playing a shed hull meta with dragon + Magnezone on every offensive team and then seeing skill-less plebs just spamming outrage to win.

I'm usually the first person to test something out and see how it fares but I got plenty of experience with Outrage from other generations and imo it should stay at 90 base power.

4 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Team preview and Outrage's base power got nothing, absolutely nothing to do with each other currently, at least not in this matter.

Working around something doesn't mean it isn't broken. As you could probably notice, the direct effect of Outrage being broken was implementation of Fairy types in gen6. Additionally, we lack some of the most common Outrage switches in the game- Jirachi and Cresselia. Did you even do some calcs to see this buff's effect on our metagame? If no, let me give you some:

252+ Atk Choice Band Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 111-132 (51.6 - 61.3%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yeah, CB Salamence 2hkos a defensive behemoth, Hippowdon. Moxie mence when?

What else is being played defensively in our metagame? Oh, Gliscor:
252+ Atk Choice Band Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 108-127 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

I even gave it poison heal ^_^

252+ Atk Choice Band Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 144-171 (71.2 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

lol

There are literally only 3 switches in our entire OU for Outrage spam.

Skarm, Ferrothorn and defensive Scizor. I don't feel like playing a shed hull meta with dragon + Magnezone on every offensive team and then seeing skill-less plebs just spamming outrage to win.

I'm usually the first person to test something out and see how it fares but I got plenty of experience with Outrage from other generations and imo it should stay at 90 base power.

Until we get dungeons(in 2050), there’s no need to worry about moxie.

Besides, like I said, it locks you into outrage when used, so it gives you the opportunity to switch to a steel type or better physical wall.

a power of 90, like people said before, makes it power equivalent to dragon claw, which not only has no lock-in, but also no confusion effect. Making outrage not worth using.

and as I already said, team preview lets us see any potential outragers, thus we can organize our team to prepare for such.

Edited by BoltBlades12