PokeMMO Fishing Tournament - December 8th, 2-4PM EST!

Dumuzid

I used an old rod, farmed around 250, setup a spreadsheet with the optimal values for each nature (16) then created a column that automatically told me if a magikarp had potential or if it was shit after I input its nature and stat values.

[For the above, it's basically taking the sigma value of the absolute value of the difference between the real stat and ideal stat for all stats]

e.g. If the ideal stats for pokemon x were to be 100 hp, 10 atk, 10 def, 10 spatk, 10 spdef, 10 spe and my pokemon had 100hp, 9atk, 10def, 8 spatk, 10 spdef, 10 spe...

The value would be [(2^2)+(1^2)] = 5 since only two values generated nonzero numbers. Then I simply wrote a macro that referenced a range of cells that would let me know if the difference made a pokemon good or shit.

Out of 250 I filtered around 7 but only had time to raise 4.

Out of the 7, one of them that I didn't turn in had three 31's for ivs

the max stats for lvl 5 magikarp were : 18,7,12,8,8,14.

If you just found a magikarp with numbers close to that u could easily have the best one

Not necessarily, some of those values have very high variation (i think 20-31 ish iirc) and some other ones had a variation/range of about 3.

My numbers are probably a little off but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Also natures affect the min/max values which is why I made a reference table for all 16 natures