Would getting double exp and money from NPCs weekend event be a good option?

immortalfox19

Question

I see a lot of people not motivated to do Gym battles because of how steep the grind can be and it seems intimidating for a lot of newer players. Maybe a good option is instead of doubling the rates (which would ruin the economy) is to give people a double exp and money weekend event. It might be a good option and I was wondering what everyone thought about that. It's been a great point for many other games and has kept them popular with more casual players and I don't see why it wouldn't work here. I don't mind the grind at all at keeping rates where they are but it seemed like a great option for the casuals and the newer players. Discuss.

3 answers to this question

example:

event or weekly challenges ... the player who completes the challenge will receive a prize in exchange. (Pokeyen or some mysterious boxes.)

I think a post was already made on what you mentioned before. Your proposal is not bad, but everything is in the hands of the developers of the game.

Currently developers have other priorities for the future of the game.

Thanks, I was going to say I play some of those games, or at least used to, Ark, Atlas, and so it seemed to work pretty well. There is a large curve though to get into the competitive scene and start to be able to compete with some of these players that have been playing for years. As I said I don't mind the grind but I have team mates who have complained about it and a lot. But increase in Gym battles or something by 50% for a bit wouldn't be too bad of a change for the lowbies who have close to nothing and not much of a boost for the guys at the top. Figured I'd mention it since I've heard the complaint a lot.