A guy is trying to unbalance/change the price of Max.PP? Why?

Well, this isnt an illegal action and i can´t report this. But i´m curious why this person is triying to do this. Probably this is an experiment to see if the sellers only seen the best price and puit the same or a more cheapest price like the other people without seeing the total quantity of items of the other seller.

To be honest... i dont like this type of "practices" because the game already haves a stardart of item prices in the global shop, and if the price of an item goes down, probably some item makers goes to see other more factible items to sell.

In any case... if people needs an item, they will buy it, and if only one person try to manipulate the price, probably that person never get that goal.

Page: 1

Spoiler

unknown.png

Page 2:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Oh this is actually an issue. So someone can just sell the same product for different values and take full controll of the first pages on the GTL? They are not obrigated to sell 1 pack of a certain quantity of the product all for the same price? 
That needs to change before more people start to abuse of that for every product.

Edited by Dedino
1 hour ago, BrunoMarin said:

I also noticed someone is doing this vanity like reaper hoods, christmas lights and ice elfbot vanity.

Yeh what's the problem? Mentioned it few months ago and no one listened so I bought a shit load of reapers, christmas lights and now it sure is nice^^ gingerbread, candy cane ohh so nice :D but no you guys called it "supply and demand" bshhht.

What's bad about this? Putting up 20 for all the same price would have the same result.  Only difference is if you do it for much less money, then buy anyone who posts under, then remove your entries and resell.  But that's fair game.  Personally, I like to just sit there and do something similar but wait for a new post and immediately sell 1 dollar under whatever someone posts.  Something about undercutting someone is just so satisfying.  Got to keep people off your turf.  I don't even care if my stuff sells, though it does eventually almost every time.

Thankfully, there will always be a set cost to make PP ups/maxes. So if the prices drop that much through one person the price will go back up regardless because sooner or later people will realise it is not worth it to make those items. When this happens the supply will drop immensely and the demand will be bigger than the supply and ta-da the prices will go up again. 

You cannot forget that this is still a MMO with a decent "open" market. People try to flip, change prices or try to control a certain aspect of the market all the time. And personally I believe you should be rewarded for being able to pull this off succesfully. Barring people from doing that would ruin a major aspect of the MMO part. 

1 hour ago, soyhector said:

please someone do that with the leftovers, they are expensive.

Let me answer you in spanish... (Your nickname means you speak the language)

Los Restos no son objetos que se fabrican, solo se pueden dropear, asi que no pueden bajar de precio... y para ser honesto no estan tan caros, puedes ir a buscarlos al bosque baya en la islas de kanto.

Por otro lado, como ya dije, si los objetos en el comercio se abaratan de mas, en el caso de los objetos que si se fabrican, los que vendemos y fabricamos dichos objetos veremos infactible el hecho mismo de venderlos y buscariamos otros objetos que den mayor ganancia en tiempo/venta.

Lo que la gente no entiende,, por poner el mismo ejemplo de los Max.PP es que no importa si lo pones en 43k o 45k (que para mi es el precio estandar 45k) ya que de todos modos se va a vender, y tampoco es un objeto que si lo vendes supper barato, una sola persona vaya a comprar todo un stack. con lo cual si lo vendes 2k mas barato que otro vendedor, no te asegura una venta inmediata del producto. (De hecho lo explica alguien aqui arriba en ingles y tiene razon.)

Pero bueno, como digo, es curioso ver que una persona intente bajar el precio (si es que esa es su intencion) de un objeto poniendo de uno en uno 1 zenny mas barato que el otro, vamos a ver cuanto tiempo dura haciendolo y cuanta paciencia tiene.

En cuanto a la economia del juego... la verdad es que no es nada dificil hacerse "rico" (por que 10 millones te los gastas super rapido criando) al principio cuesta arrancar, pero ya agarrandole el gatillo al juego, podria decirse que es un paseo por el parque y algo secundario el hecho de juntar dinero.

----

Sorry for answering that post in spansh, but if i can avoid to write in this language (nothing personal) ill going to do it if the oter people speaks the same language like me.

9 minutes ago, TeamRocketHarry said:

Something something pls post English translation something

Isnt important, is only an explanation of how can get leftovers and by why reason these items can be selled more cheapest. i don´t want to lose the focus of the main topic. And... C´mon we have a lot of translators, dont limit the users only to use one language if their can use more than one.

Obviously, the english is the standart language on the internet to speak with anyone in the world, but that isnt a reason to only write in this language if you dont want.

1 hour ago, TeamRocketHarry said:

Something something pls post English translation something

47 minutes ago, Digifanatic said:

Isnt important, is only an explanation of how can get leftovers and by why reason these items can be selled more cheapest. i don´t want to lose the focus of the main topic. And... C´mon we have a lot of translators, dont limit the users only to use one language if their can use more than one.

Obviously, the english is the standart language on the internet to speak with anyone in the world, but that isnt a reason to only write in this language if you dont want.

I am going to translate what he said:

1 hour ago, Digifanatic said:

Let me answer you in spanish... (Your nickname means you speak the language)

Los Restos no son objetos que se fabrican, solo se pueden dropear, asi que no pueden bajar de precio... y para ser honesto no estan tan caros, puedes ir a buscarlos al bosque baya en la islas de kanto.

Por otro lado, como ya dije, si los objetos en el comercio se abaratan de mas, en el caso de los objetos que si se fabrican, los que vendemos y fabricamos dichos objetos veremos infactible el hecho mismo de venderlos y buscariamos otros objetos que den mayor ganancia en tiempo/venta.

Lo que la gente no entiende,, por poner el mismo ejemplo de los Max.PP es que no importa si lo pones en 43k o 45k (que para mi es el precio estandar 45k) ya que de todos modos se va a vender, y tampoco es un objeto que si lo vendes supper barato, una sola persona vaya a comprar todo un stack. con lo cual si lo vendes 2k mas barato que otro vendedor, no te asegura una venta inmediata del producto. (De hecho lo explica alguien aqui arriba en ingles y tiene razon.)

Pero bueno, como digo, es curioso ver que una persona intente bajar el precio (si es que esa es su intencion) de un objeto poniendo de uno en uno 1 zenny mas barato que el otro, vamos a ver cuanto tiempo dura haciendolo y cuanta paciencia tiene.

En cuanto a la economia del juego... la verdad es que no es nada dificil hacerse "rico" (por que 10 millones te los gastas super rapido criando) al principio cuesta arrancar, pero ya agarrandole el gatillo al juego, podria decirse que es un paseo por el parque y algo secundario el hecho de juntar dinero.

----

Sorry for answering that post in spansh, but if i can avoid to write in this language (nothing personal) ill going to do it if the oter people speaks the same language like me.

English version:

Remains are not objects that are manufactured, they can only be dropped, so they can not go down in price ... and to be honest they are not so expensive, you can go and look for them in the berry forest on the islands of kanto.

On the other hand, as I said, if the objects in the trade become cheaper, in the case of the objects that are manufactured, those that sell and manufacture these objects, we will see the fact of selling them unfeasible and we would look for other objects that give greater gain in time / sale.

What people do not understand, to put the same example of the Max.PP is that it does not matter if you put it in 43k or 45k (which for me is the standard price 45k) since it is going to be sold anyway, and neither is it an object that if you sell it super cheap, a single person will buy a whole stack. so if you sell it 2k cheaper than another seller, it does not guarantee an immediate sale of the product. (In fact someone explains it up here in English and he's right.)

But well, as I say, it is curious to see that a person tries to lower the price (if that is his intention) of an object by putting one in one 1 zenny cheaper than the other, we will see how long it is doing and how much patience has.

As for the economy of the game ... the truth is that it is not difficult to become "rich" (because 10 million you spend them super fast raising) at first it is difficult to start, but already holding the trigger to the game, it could be said that It is a walk in the park and something secondary is the fact of collecting money.

in real life this is market manipulation and anti trust. this is a game and i rather not have staff messing around with the market trying to grasp the idea of market manipulation and what is and isnt market manipulation and passing out bans. we saw how that worked with match manipulation. riga spent a LOT of money trying to do this with berrys and he failed, because someone would always go out and make more berrys then undersell him. in a free market this will regulate itself unless someone can get majority control over something, which is rather hard in a video game.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:02 AM, Digifanatic said:

Words

So listing multiple of the same item at a regular market price is 'manipulation' now? He probably did it one by one to avoid creating a single big listing that would quickly get undercut by others selling lower quantities. Besides how do you want to manipulate an item with infinite supply and a fixed crafting price? I don't think you fully understand what market manipulation actually is.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:32 AM, Goku said:

Yeh what's the problem? Mentioned it few months ago and no one listened so I bought a shit load of reapers, christmas lights and now it sure is nice^^ gingerbread, candy cane ohh so nice :D but no you guys called it "supply and demand" bshhht.

If you are referring to hyperchaser's thread from a couple months ago, then the 'supply and demand' argument was used to explain the decreasing price of shinies, not the increasing price of vanities.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:48 AM, Dedino said:

Oh this is actually an issue. So someone can just sell the same product for different values and take full controll of the first pages on the GTL? They are not obrigated to sell 1 pack of a certain quantity of the product all for the same price? 
That needs to change before more people start to abuse of that for every product.

not really abuse, i see many games where the same item can be sold multiple times for custom prices, i used this myself in other games for market manipulation but as OP says one men army wont hold out, id say the more dangerous one is someone buying everything and raising the price on it, wich is a double edged sword on its own lol.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, Dazuzi said:

So listing multiple of the same item at a regular market price is 'manipulation' now? He probably did it one by one to avoid creating a single big listing that would quickly get undercut by others selling lower quantities. Besides how do you want to manipulate an item with infinite supply and a fixed crafting price? I don't think you fully understand what market manipulation actually is.

If you are referring to hyperchaser's thread from a couple months ago, then the 'supply and demand' argument was used to explain the decreasing price of shinies, not the increasing price of vanities.

Idk if you haven't noticed but there are 100's of the new limiteds going around and yet they just inc in prices. In this case the demand and supply bs doesn't work on limiteds. Players who hoard most of them list them daily for higher prices and relist them the following day for more. This creates a ripple effect because people follow gtl pricing and they also list it at that price and what now? Everyone is listing them at that price so that's what it is and common players have to accept it. Easy big wins for the whalers.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:42 PM, Goku said:

Idk if you haven't noticed but there are 100's of the new limiteds going around and yet they just inc in prices.

Yes, and there will never be a new one, as opposed to the billions and billions of in-game cash floating around + millions generated on a daily basis - so I am not really sure why these items only raising over time is such an ungraspable concept for you. 

In this case the demand and supply bs doesn't work on limiteds.

? Yes it does. There is a limited supply and a high demand as they are not only a good investment, but also protect your wealth from inflation, thus resulting in a slow but steady price increase, this couldn't be more simple honestly.

Yes, there is some manipulation involved, but that only accelerates the process, which will only create volatility in the end, since the second people push them too high too fast, more people start cashing out, bringing the price back down.

that's what it is and common players have to accept it. Easy big wins for the whalers.

And your point being? You ever tried buying a discontinued real-life item from eBay? Check how much Elon Musk's limited flamethrowers cost at the moment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Edited by Dazuzi
4 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

Yes, and there will never be a new one, as opposed to the billions and billions of in-game cash floating around + millions generated on a daily basis - so I am not really sure why the concept of these items only raising over time is such an ungraspable concept for you. 

? Yes it does. There is a limited supply and a high demand as they are not only a good investment, but also protect your wealth from inflation, thus resulting in a slow but steady price increase, this couldn't be more simple honestly.

Yes, there is some manipulation involved, but that only accelerates the process, which will only create volatility in the end, since the second people push them too high too fast, more people start cashing out, bringing the price back down.

'Raising over time' You mean value increasing 2-4 times in less than 3 months when jack o lanturn, kyu and knight couldn't even reach that inc in 2-3 years until last year lmfao. The increase consistency with limited values these days are unfathomable. That's why your 'Slow and steady price inc' isn't relevant at all.

I don't agree with Supply and demand since the base and objective around the ideal of it is controlled by the whalers because some mobydcks could be sitting on 50 limiteds and all of a sudden flood the market with them, thus crashing the prices. That's the current market manipulation taking place.

So point being? I don't agree with it. I know a lot of players who don't as well. Limited vanities limits the purpose of grinding / actually playing the game in order to obtain what you want since you you can buy a few with rp, quit and come back in 4 months and buy anything you want and the common player can't afford those limiteds without selling a limb or two. VanityMMO 4life.

Edited by Goku
1 hour ago, Goku said:

'Raising over time' You mean value increasing 2-4 times in less than 3 months

Yes, that is the literal definition of 'raising over time', lol.

1 hour ago, Goku said:

when jack o lanturn, kyu and knight couldn't even reach that inc in 2-3 years until last year lmfao.

That's directly connected to the player base rapidly expanding during this timeframe, the accelerated economy affected the items with the lowest supply the most drastically.

1 hour ago, Goku said:

mobydcks could be sitting on 50 limiteds and all of a sudden flood the market with them, thus crashing the prices. That's the current market manipulation taking place.

You're confusing 'investing' and 'manipulation'. Buying multiple of an item X for the sole purpose of making money out of it eventually is not 'manipulation', unless you singlehandedly push the price up by a large percentage within a very short period of time, only to dump it all shortly after, which I have yet to see happen in this game. If they were truly manipulated, there would be much higher and more frequent volatility than there currently is.

1 hour ago, Goku said:

Limited vanities limits the purpose of grinding / actually playing the game in order to obtain what you want since you you can buy a few with rp, quit and come back in 4 months and buy anything you want and the common player can't afford those limiteds

Same thing happens when someone gets lucky and finds a rare shiny. This case just requires time and frozen capital instead of RnG.

Edited by Dazuzi