We need content.

Parke

Question

I think I speak for a large portion of the competitive community in this game when I say that I think more could be done in regard to providing a competitive aspect to this game. I get that we've recently added the option to host community ran automated tournaments. While I like this idea a lot and agree this is a good step in the right direction, I still feel like more could be done in regard to providing more tournaments for people to play in during the week and daily potentially.

For us players who like/need to play the lower tiers (NU, LC, Dubs etc etc) there is no real place for us to practice these tiers maybe than once/twice a week if we're lucky because matchmaking is pretty dead for these tiers due to there being no incentive and the leaderboards not being frequently reset etc. We can host our own events, even automated ones in the aforementioned tiers but theres still the whole (is this date available scenario to it etc so realistically you cant host these events too frequently).

I feel like if the developers/staff added something like daily, or even multiple tournaments in one day, this would be an incentive for people to get more involved in other tiers, as well as making people who currently play these tiers get better too. This could be ran in a similar fashion to the Community Combat events, or even replace them and require a signup fee to fund the pot etc. 

I know this would give people an incentive to want to get more involved and also potentially get some of the older names in the game involved as I know from speaking to a handful of them that they're not playing the game as much due to lack of content. 

I've probably missed a fair few points here, so feel free to chime in below and give your input. The more information listed then the more of a chance we'll have of something being done I'd imagine.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Parke said:

I think I speak for a large portion of the competitive community in this game when I say that I think more could be done in regard to providing a competitive aspect to this game. I get that we've recently added the option to host community ran automated tournaments. While I like this idea a lot and agree this is a good step in the right direction, I still feel like more could be done in regard to providing more tournaments for people to play in during the week and daily potentially.

For us players who like/need to play the lower tiers (NU, LC, Dubs etc etc) there is no real place for us to practice these tiers maybe than once/twice a week if we're lucky because matchmaking is pretty dead for these tiers due to there being no incentive and the leaderboards not being frequently reset etc. We can host our own events, even automated ones in the aforementioned tiers but theres still the whole (is this date available scenario to it etc so realistically you cant host these events too frequently).

I feel like if the developers/staff added something like daily, or even multiple tournaments in one day, this would be an incentive for people to get more involved in other tiers, as well as making people who currently play these tiers get better too. This could be ran in a similar fashion to the Community Combat events, or even replace them and require a signup fee to fund the pot etc. 

I know this would give people an incentive to want to get more involved and also potentially get some of the older names in the game involved as I know from speaking to a handful of them that they're not playing the game as much due to lack of content. 

I've probably missed a fair few points here, so feel free to chime in below and give your input. The more information listed then the more of a chance we'll have of something being done I'd imagine.

Good evening Parke, I hope you're doing alright. Before I had my cold, there were some talks in the Mayoral Council about starting tournaments. Thank you for giving us some ideas to consider for this project. You're a big help to the cause.

For now, I want to upload some videos for the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel. Once the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel is on a roll, we can discuss tournaments and how to execute them. I do not want to go into further details due to this idea being in its early stages. Things may change from the time I am typing this post.