[OU Discussion] Togekiss

1 minute ago, MHkaserz said:

A +6... TWO TURNS OF TOXIC WHILE YOU ARE SETTING UP. HAHA! And it still takes 3 turns afterwards.

It seems like you are biased and want to keep it that way, I'm out of here xD

Air Slash/Roost/Heal Bell/Nasty Plot.

Togekiss uses Nasty Plot as your Bronzong is switching in. It is now +2 before you have even used a Toxic or Gyro Ball to force a Heal Bell or Roost.

Please explain how you would then effectively stop the Togekiss from setting up 2 more Nasty Plots and toxic stall it thereafter with no reliable recovery.

It's probably best that you should be leaving, for your own sake

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The most common stall breaker set is Roost/Heal Bell/Nasty Plot/Air Slash which beat your bronzong without losing a single HP or being poisoned.

The Sub set with Sub/NP/Air Slash/Aura Sphere also has great odds of beating your bronzong.

It's really not a check sir. 

So it only counters stall? Great.. Good to have a counter vs Stall..
Seems like stall teams need to evolve and get a mon with Inner Focus to handle Toge then?

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

You know Togekiss can Heal Bell right?

Wasn't talking to you there.
Look who I've quoted.

4 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

Air Slash/Roost/Heal Bell/Nasty Plot.

Togekiss uses Nasty Plot as your Bronzong is switching in. It is now +2 before you have even used a Toxic or Gyro Ball to force a Heal Bell or Roost.

Please explain how you would then effectively stop the Togekiss from setting up 2 more Nasty Plots and toxic stall it thereafter with no reliable recovery.

It's probably best that you should be leaving, for your own sake

It doesn't but it reveals it doesn't have Aura Shpere :) 
You also didn't specify the set and only mentioned that now, even though I asked you couple of times about which set you are assuming the conditions. *shrug*

Now use your mind ^^
I'm leaving because you aren't

Edited by MHkaserz
1 minute ago, MHkaserz said:

So it only counters stall? Great.. Good to have a counter vs Stall..
Seems like stall teams need to evolve and get a mon with Inner Focus to handle Toge then?

Wasn't talking to you there.
Look who I've quoted.

Find me on Showdown, my IGN is "I embarris." (with a dot on the end). I will be running Nasty Plot/ Roost/ Air Slash/ Heal Bell Togekiss, and you will run your Specially Defensive Bronzong.

bf298817aa3b5fbb4cf97dec1deff3e5.png

I'm waiting.

2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Find me on Showdown, my IGN is "I embarris." (with a dot on the end). I will be running Nasty Plot/ Roost/ Air Slash/ Heal Bell Togekiss, and you will run your Specially Defensive Bronzong.

bf298817aa3b5fbb4cf97dec1deff3e5.png

I'm waiting.

In gen 5 plz, no super effective Gyroball.

Edited by gbwead
2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I didn't agree to a full battle tho o.o? 
You want to see Bronzong vs Toge
I want to see for myself what happens between these two if he switches in on a +2 Toge
a full battle while we know a mon of each other doesn't make much sense

Seriously o_0
I don't have a gen5 OU team, as I dislike the meta and I play random stuff
I'll build one tho if you insist xD 

2 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

i wasn't talking to you there, look who i quoted

Yes I looked, my bad XD

12 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I saw the log of the battle ..Hahaha! That's also viable.. somewhat xD 

All'n'all, Toge is not that dangerous and it doesn't have anything to make it OP for OU imo
The fact that you can get 14 flinches in a row is an rng fault. cause even 5 flinches in a row is (0.6)^5 chance

Cause flinch rate is fair :V ..here ya go.. used your joke xD

Edited by MHkaserz
Sorry I assumed Toge's gender
On 2/6/2019 at 12:58 AM, RysPicz said:

I'm not gonna say or comment anything, just posting the replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-858572760

Seems that, even with the random Trick shenanigans (that weren't part of the set at all) Togekiss is still able to easily beat Bronzong. He could have at least finished the battle.

• 2 weeks later...

so is togekiss getting to uber tiers? Because this thing is way too broken for ou atm. If pokemmo gets in the next 1000 years to full BW level you have the right checks for it. Atm its super unhealthy and cost too much ressources. Its like the old Blissey. You just have to run some calculations and look at the efford. 100% ban atm.

Edited by MosesBrenner
2 hours ago, MosesBrenner said:

so is togekiss getting to uber tiers? Because this thing is way too broken for ou atm. If pokemmo gets in the next 1000 years to full BW level you have the right checks for it. Atm its super unhealthy and cost too much ressources. Its like the old Blissey. You just have to run some calculations and look at the efford. 100% ban atm.

It'll probably take a while to have this discussion again among the tc because of the update changing the dynamics of the metagame quite a bit.

Man this thing is just too unhealthy for the meta i got rekt by a togekiss timid with nastyplot aurasphere,airslash and flamethrower couldn't even move. I see this as the same case scenario from gengar in 3rd gen. where you needed to atleast sac 2 pokes to get to know what kind of togekiss you are facing. This is not fun at all man that thing is too bulky has pretty good speed and pretty much sweeps everything by flinching over and over again which makes that strategy braindead. 

32 minutes ago, Takens said:

Man this thing is just too unhealthy for the meta i got rekt by a togekiss timid with nastyplot aurasphere,airslash and flamethrower couldn't even move. I see this as the same case scenario from gengar in 3rd gen. where you needed to atleast sac 2 pokes to get to know what kind of togekiss you are facing. This is not fun at all man that thing is too bulky has pretty good speed and pretty much sweeps everything by flinching over and over again which makes that strategy braindead. 

It is annoying but with team preview, you usually can tell what moveset it is judging by what is in their team build. Talking about not knowing what set it is, that’s not really an argument anymore especially when almost every mon runs different sets. But what do I know

4 hours ago, Impulse5095 said:

It is annoying but with team preview, you usually can tell what moveset it is judging by what is in their team build. Talking about not knowing what set it is, that’s not really an argument anymore especially when almost every mon runs different sets. But what do I know

i guess you don't get it strategy is braindead dude and there's no true counter for it just sac and get damage on your mons untill you kill it. having in mind that shit is bulky and can switch out.

1 hour ago, Takens said:

i guess you don't get it strategy is braindead dude and there's no true counter for it just sac and get damage on your mons untill you kill it. having in mind that shit is bulky and can switch out.

So that means Gengar, hydregion, salamence, kingdra, conk, ttar, lucario all need banned as well. The set you got swept by is weak to rocks and scarf mons or anything faster than it, which is a lot. So basically comes back to your opponent seeing what can sweep and took advantage. Don’t think this is a broken mon. Annoying but team preview basically eliminates that. 

11 hours ago, Impulse5095 said:

So that means Gengar, hydregion, salamence, kingdra, conk, ttar, lucario all need banned as well. The set you got swept by is weak to rocks and scarf mons or anything faster than it, which is a lot. So basically comes back to your opponent seeing what can sweep and took advantage. Don’t think this is a broken mon. Annoying but team preview basically eliminates that. 

Gengar, hydreigon, Salamence, etc etc etc etc dont substitute in a forced switch, and proceed to flinch the hell out of the mon that is now regretting its trainer for using it. 

Then guess what? You still have a togekiss under substitute meaning that you need at least 2 faster pokemons to even have a chance to take it down.

4 hours ago, Kamowanthere said:

I was thinking that Togekiss should stay in OU but now, especially after the Team Preview + Dugtrio unban, I can't.

Dugtrio traps and eats the pokemon who have a chance to counter or check Togekiss.

Amm..... dugtrio doesn't trap togekiss since is flying type xD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.