OU RMT Need help (RATE MY TEAM)

The team I am running is having a major problem against sand teams with hippodown and they have walls such as chansey and tentacruel. My teams is very weak to hazards and just dont know where to start to fix my team. https://pokepast.es/11b721af16169d8a . I also have a problem with rain teams and switching into strong special attackers such as opposing hydreigon. My gameplay is based on reacting to my opponent. I have had major success against balanced teams and offensive teams (not alot against hyper offense). My mmr is around 580

Hydreigon is used mainly for a wallbreaking.

Dragonite is used for wallbreaking.

Volcarona is used for setup sweeping and to counter scizor

Gyarados is used as my lead to counter rocks or to set up dragon dance if possible

Krookodile is used for revenge killing or reverse sweeping with moxie when threats are gone. Sometimes i get stealth rocks down, most of the time i dont.

Togekiss is a stallbreaker and status curer. (just added her to the team recently)

i think it would be easier if you just decided for two mons you wanna keep and build around them from scratch. i know that in RMTs you usually dont wanna scrap the whole thing, but that team is a complete clusterfuck considering you cant handle any of the two weathers in OU, dont have control over hazards at all, while sitting on 4 mons that are weak to rocks. toge has recovery, but dnite has a timer on it once rocks are up and volca has a rly hard time getting going if it loses 50% coming in. if you wanna run volca always add defog or spin.

krook doesnt really get past any walls and doesnt have the greatest of speed stats for an OU scarfer, so the first thing id do is dropping krook. if you are looking for a solid revenge killer you might wanna consider scizor, bullet punch + pursuit is very reliable vs low health stuff and having that u-turn to get a hard hitter in is very valueable. scizor also isnt weak to any of the priority attacks in the tier, so has an easier time vs vacuum wave and mach punch, which krook struggles with.

thats the only thing i can add here tho, id drop krook. rest of the team looks like such a weird mixture that ud have to drop something, but since i dont know what you deffo want to run i cant make any suggestions.

So here are the flaws in your team:

a) 3x mons (Dragonite / Gyara / Togekiss) weak to rocks, which you take minimum 25% upon switching in, and the number just increases if you switch in on an attack. 1x mon (Volcarona) that takes minimum 50% damage. Your team doesn't have a way of maintaining momentum, like Chansey / Blissey / Spdef TTar would wall that Hydreigon, and so you lack a safe switch in for those to continuously maintain pressure. 

b) This is the ideal Hydreigon set for breaking defensive teams:
Hydreigon @ Dragon Fang or Leftovers
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Flamethrower  
- Taunt  
- Roost

c) Given that you have 4x mons weak to rocks, reduce that to two. Then have a defogger in place, as that would remove rocks on the field.

d) Have a scald / status absorber - either a Magic Guard mon, Guts ability user like Conk, or anything that has rest. 

e) Definitely, definitely get rid of Krook as suggested above. I don't know if our meta is currently "scarf-friendly," because most teams are a bit fat, and so you give up a lot for that extra speed. I think a combo of Scizor + Espeed Dnite should help take out the faster users. 

I think this is a good place to start to get more info:

And I don't know why suigin's thread isn't even linked ingame for users to find their footing in competitive battling. 

• Jerryzoo changed the title to OU RMT Need help (RATE MY TEAM)
  • Jerryzoo locked this topic