PokeMMO without sound

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, RoyTsoukalos said:

Still no solution? 'Cause I have this issue since a year ago :/

It's not a clear cut issue. This issue affects several different builds and systems. It doesn't seem to be isolated to a singular type of system.

8 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

It's not a clear cut issue. This issue affects several different builds and systems. It doesn't seem to be isolated to a singular type of system.

^Last I checked they were still working on it. I don't even know if they pinpointed a cause yet, this has been going on for a while and I can understand why it'd be difficult to figure out

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.
This problem (no sound) occurred to me when I using the portable version zip (with you guys was that way?). What I did was just download the installer version for my OS (Windows) and install in the same folder. It worked for me.
If you do a new installation it should also work.

4 minutes ago, joseph1hawk said:

Hi everyone.
This problem (no sound) occurred to me when I using the portable version zip (with you guys was that way?). What I did was just download the installer version for my OS (Windows) and install in the same folder. It worked for me.

This doesn't necessarily work for everyone. It is worth trying, but likely the issue will persist.

Like Dibz said, the issue is one that is extremely difficult to pinpoint and likely has multiple independent causes.

4 minutes ago, joseph1hawk said:

Hi everyone.

The issue seems to affect random clients regardless of OS or installation method, and seemingly at random. Guessing why it's taking so long to find a fix, they'd have to figure out why it's happening to random clients and not others first 

• 5 weeks later...

It would probably help for all those affected to volunteer some information along with the report.

Operating system and version?

Soundcard(s)?

Active playback devices enabled?

Other software currently using soundcard?

Do you have an onboard soundcard? Do you have an aftermarket graphics card as well?

A few things I can throw at you without knowing more information:

1. Open your Sound control panel. Double click your current active playback device. Click Advanced tab. Check that "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is enabled. Save. Relaunch PokeMMO.exe (close completely).

OIpYTrn.png

2. Check that your pokemmo.exe sound isn't coming through a different playback device (ie; headset, bluetooth device, etc)

4YK885m.png

3. PokeMMO might not be triggering an audio session state. I've seen this with people who don't have the correct codecs installed on their machine or who have faulty drivers for their soundcard. You can try to make sure you have the latest drivers for your audio system but before downloading random codecs off the webs, we should discuss your build here.

4. Make sure you have at least one playback device set as default device.

5. You can try to right click on your current default playback device and click "configure speakers", make sure it's set to Stereo; save/close pokemmo/restart.

Feel free to post more information or ask more questions here, maybe we can get this solved for you guys.

Edited by Kole
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...