PokeMMO-Player of the Year 2019

This will be a yearly tournament where all the 24 winners of 'Player Of The Month' and a few players from yearly statistics will be selected to compete for the title of 'Player Of The Year'

Hosted By Lightningvolt

Details

• This tournament will have closed brackets (The Tournament brackets are not open for registration but the list of players is decided by their performance in 'Player of The Month' and automated tournaments)(24 players from Player of the Months and 8 from year long statistics).
  • Every winner and runner up of Player of the Month has a guaranteed spot in 'Player of the Year' tournament.
  • Scoring- Check the scoring document 
  • Based on these scores a list of 8 players and a reserve list will be prepared from which players will be chosen to compete in this tournament for the title. 
  • Double Elimination | 32 Players
  • Practice of all the tiers might be required to play this tournament.
  • If a player, who has already won an invite to 'Player of the Year', wins(/Places second in) another 'Player of the Month' tournament, the invite will be given to the next best eligible player.
  • Participants must be present at the time of Name Call to confirm their place, otherwise their place will be given to next player.
  • A player already holding an invite from a past month is not eligible to participate in the subsequent 'Player Of The Month' tournaments for the invite, but is eligible to receive the prize for the best stat/score of the month.

Date

Sunday, 22nd December, 2019

Time

7PM UTC // 2 PM ET

TimeZoneConverter

Silph Co, Kanto - Channel 5

Clauses:

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

Document for Player list/rank and scoring 

Spoiler

Confirmed Seats

Spoiler

Lkrenz

getovaherez

Zhiko

MadaraSixSix

Stelian

enchanteur

Frags

gbwead

Haazuu

LifeStyle

Blue

OrangeManiac

Tawla

Rynners

NoWall

Mkns

MullenYu

RealDevilLegend

OscarFail

YEYOxD

dinofish

Santiii

YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL

Pirlo

Prizes

chansey.gifmilotic.gifexcadrill.gif

Shiny Gift

Chansey Milotic Excadrill

Your choice of nature, gender, two moves, with IVs 2x31 & 4x25

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place 415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png

First pick for shiny, 2,000 RP

+

Player of the Year Signature & Entry in Hall of Fame

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png Second Place 9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png

Second pick for shiny, 1,500 RP

+

Player of the Year-Runner Up Signature & Entry in Hall of Fame

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png Third Place d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png

Third pick for shiny1,000 RP

+

Entry in Hall of Fame 

Winners

Player of the Month 2019-January: 1st Lkrenz - 2nd getovaherez (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-February:  1st Zhiko - 2nd getovaherez (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-March: 1st Stelian - 2nd enchanteur (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-April: 1st Frags - 2nd gbwead (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-May: 1st Haazuu - 2nd LifeStyle (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-June: 1st Blue - 2nd OrangeManiac (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-July: 1st  Tawla - 2nd Rynners (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-August: 1st  NoWall- 2nd Mkns (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-September: 1st  MullenYu- 2nd RealDevilLegend (Brackets) 

Player of the Month 2019-October: 1st  OscarFail - 2nd YEYOxD (Brackets)

Player of the Month 2019-November: 1st  dinofish - 2nd Santiii (Brackets)

Player of the Month 2019-December: 1st  YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL - 2nd Pirlo (Brackets)

Player Of The Month-December

These are Monthly Invite only tournaments. Selected players compete against each other in a random tier that cycle every month for great prizes!

Hosted By LeZenor

Details

• This tournament will have closed brackets (The Tournament brackets are not open for registration but the list of players is decided by their performance in automated tournaments). 
  • Players will be marked by their performance in automated tournaments.
    • All the tournaments from 15th November 2019 to 15th December 2019 will be counted in the scoring.
  • Scoring- Check the player of the month Document
  • Based on these scores a List of players  and a reserve list will be prepared from which players will be chosen to compete in this tournament for the title. 
  • The tiers for this tournament will cycle each month. Each tournament will follow 3 tiers that will change after every round.
  • The tiers for this Tournament will be OU// NU // LC
  • Rounds 1: NU Round 2: OU Round 3: LC Round 4: OU
  • Single Battles | 16 Players 
  • The winners of this tournament will get a seat reserved in the selection tournament for PLAYER OF THE YEAR-Selection tournament.
  • Participants must be present at the time of Name Call to confirm their place, otherwise their place will be given to next player.

Date 

Friday, 20th December

Time

8PM UTC // 3PM EST

Time Zone Converter

Silph Co, Kanto - Channel 5

Clauses:

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

Banned Pokemon

OU Ban List

Nothing

NU Ban List

Absol | Alakazam | Arcanine | Azumarill | Bisharp

Blissey | Breloom | Bronzong | Chandelure | Chansey | Cloyster

Cofagrigus | Conkeldurr |  Crobat | Darmanitan | Donphan |  Dragonite | Dugtrio | Dusclops

Eelektross | Electrode | Excadrill | Ferrothorn | Flygon | Forretress | Galvantula | Gengar | Gigalith

Gligar | Gliscor | Gyarados | Haxorus | Heracross |  Hippowdon | Honchkrow

Hydreigon | Jellicent | Jolteon | Kabutops | Kingdra | Krookodile | Lanturn | Linoone | Lucario

Machamp | Magneton | Magnezone | Mamoswine | Mandibuzz | Manectric | Mantine | Medicham

Metagross  | Mienshao | Milotic | Pelipper | Porygon2 |  Porygon-Z

Reuniclus | Rhyperior | Roserade |  Salamence | Scizor | Scrafty | Sigilyph | Skarmory

Slowbro | Snorlax | Starmie | Swampert | Togekiss | Torkoal | Typhlosion | Tyranitar

Umbreon | Vaporeon | Venomoth | Venusaur  | Volcarona | Weavile | Wobbuffet

Yanmega | Zoroark

Banned Little Cup Pokemon

Gligar

Meditite

Murkrow

Scraggy

Scyther

Sneasel

Tangela

Yanma

Banned Moves

Dragon Rage (LC)

Sonic Boom (LC)

Baton Pass (OU+UU+NU)

Player List

Prizes

First place

• 1,400 RP
  • Bag_RSVP_Mail_Sprite.pngInvite to 'Player of the Year' Tournament
  • Player of the month Signature 
  • Entry in Hall of Fame

Second Place

• 600 RP 
  • Bag_RSVP_Mail_Sprite.pngInvite to 'Player of the Year' Tournament
  • Entry in Hall of Fame

Player with the highest monthly score will get-

arcanine.gif

GIFT Arcanine

Your choice of nature, four moves, with IVs 6x31

Refs- 

Linfanz

SneakyTeddi

Idea is awesome, everything about this tournament is absolutely amazing, aside from one thing.

Terrible, garbage prizes. I would never expect that such a huge tournament will receive that kind of terrible prizes. Heck, even the shiny Conkeldurr I won recently is much more valuable than any of the prizes available for this. And that was for a single 128-man bracket. Player-hosted tournaments got 100x better prizes than what you're about to get, holy shit these shinies aren't even 5x31.

Is there any way to change these prizes to something that actually fits that kind of tournament?

E:

Milotic > Chansey in here lmao, if I'd ever get to finals I'd intentionally throw because #1 prize is such ass

Edited by RysPicz
23 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Milotic > Chansey in here lmao, if I'd ever get to finals I'd intentionally throw because #1 prize is such ass

theres been plenty of shiny milo prizes so far, cant remember seeing a shiny chansey yet, so i dont really get that point.

kinda agree on the iv part tho. this is basically an official that lasts one year and the prize is going to someone who beat the creme de la creme of this game, so perfect ivs might not be a bad idea. i know shiny economy and all, but if you manage to prove yourself against the best you should get something that isnt inferior to a random mon that takes like an hour to breed.

to add something positive as well; this whole idea is pretty damn cool and im positive theres other people, who consider getting into tiers they didnt play so far just to give this a shot, so thumbs up for that series and imo shiny chansey is a pretty cool prize for 1st.

43 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

milotic or chansey isn't even the problem at hands imo, but the 3rd price compared to the other 2s, is worth 1/10 of the 2 others, what sense does that make? Much more a shiny that the chinese spam in the GTL left and right.

Everything else, I agree on.

Great prizes - it's nice to see some big rares being put up for grabs, but I agree with Forfi about the IVs. This is a huge commitment, there is rarely a tournament that is bigger than a year-long invitational. Surely this is an excuse to splash out a bit and just go for perfect prizes? The shiny economy argument really is redundant at this point, especially given the base values of the shinies in question before IVs are even accounted for

Edited by Zymogen
17 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I also like the fact that 1st place has 2m yen while 2nd place can pick 1500 RP (while that RP is probably like double of the 1st prize)

Even 1000RP > 2m if you do dyes haha

E: In fact 500RP = 2m if you convert it into dyes

Edited by Zymogen
2 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Idea is awesome, everything about this tournament is absolutely amazing, aside from one thing.

Terrible, garbage prizes. I would never expect that such a huge tournament will receive that kind of terrible prizes. Heck, even the shiny Conkeldurr I won recently is much more valuable than any of the prizes available for this. And that was for a single 128-man bracket. Player-hosted tournaments got 100x better prizes than what you're about to get, holy shit these shinies aren't even 5x31.

Is there any way to change these prizes to something that actually fits that kind of tournament?

You lost me after you started comparing them with a Shiny Conkeldurr but anyway if it's something about the Shiny specie or Prize distribution, that can probably be changed. If you were talking about IVs, there's nothing that I can do about it. I have offered everything that I could.

44 minutes ago, Kamowanthere said:

I thought chansey was always female

The options for gender are Female, Female and Female

21 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I also like the fact that 1st place has 2m yen while 2nd place can pick 1500 RP (while that RP is probably like double of the 1st prize)

RP for first prize got lost in edit. Thanks for pointing out.

@Lightningvolt Yeah he meant IVs. Because you can't really afford the 25 speDef (assuming you're going to take the maxed HP and Def) on Chansey, he compared to Conkeldurr because the 25s are more acceptable on it I guess ... (I disagree tho)

4x25 for Player of the year kinda hurts to be honest ...
We all know it's not up to you but still, it makes the competition less attractive for some players :) 

Edited by TohnR
49 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

You lost me after you started comparing them with a Shiny Conkeldurr

Okay, let me explain:

To breed a Mach Punch on a Conkeldurr, you need to breed it with a Hitmonchan.

However the biggest problem are the IVs. Compared to previous tournaments where people were turning their comps into shinies (or untradeable shinies) or straight up receiving a shiny comp with 6x30-31 (see: Arimanius and his Sceptile), this is just a joke which isn't even funny.

5 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Okay, let me explain:

To breed a Mach Punch on a Conkeldurr, you need to breed it with a Hitmonchan.

However the biggest problem are the IVs. Compared to previous tournaments where people were turning their comps into shinies (or untradeable shinies) or straight up receiving a shiny comp with 6x30-31 (see: Arimanius and his Sceptile), this is just a joke which isn't even funny.

Also: Why not bringing new Gen Rares as Prices like shiny Togekiss/Volcarona etc. Or make us choose in place 1/2/3 like qe did it already...literally all of these are easily be breedable for under 80m lol

5 hours ago, Suneet said:

Imagine entering a shitton of tours to qualify for the monthlies, winning nearly all, or all of those and getting an invite, winning 4 or 5 rounds straight against the game's best competitive players, only to get a shiny that you never have, or ever plan to use because you're not a wall user

good game

what u talking, blissey cm, milotic modest, but ye, excadrill is too wall, fuck that

11 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

if it's something about the Shiny specie or Prize distribution, that can probably be changed

Scizor, Volcarona, Ttar, Eevee, Lucario, Toge, Met, Venu (Assuming we have hidden abilities by the end of the year lmao)... They are all worth and can work with 2x31s unlike those walls. 

Edited by FNTCZ
2 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

Scizor, Volcarona, Ttar, Eevee, Lucario, Toge, Met, Venu ... They are all worth and can work with 2x31s unlike those walls.

Togepi and Larvitar are available.

26 minutes ago, Zhikodark said:

But please organize well these of tournaments, because the last one was shit af

Last one was a new experience for me and I agree that it didn't go as planned.

Anyway, I have made a few changes this time so that it'll go smoother.

18 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:
  • Rounds 1: OU, Round 2: OU. Round 3: NU Round 4: LC Round 5: NU

And I have added this extra prize for PotM

18 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

Player with the highest monthly score will get-

lucario.png

GIFT Lucario

Your choice of nature, four moves, with IVs 3x31 & 3x30

• 3 weeks later...