PokeMMO Teambuilding Lab Megathread

The PokeMMO Teambuilding Lab

*insert sick artwork here* (anybody?)

What is this?!

After browsing smogon and falling in love with their teambuilding lab threads i wanna test the waters and see if we can have something like that for MMO as well. Basically we open a thread for every tier; OU, UU, NU (maybe also Dubs and LC if enough people show interest) and have a small council that enjoys theorymoning to build teams around pokemon people suggest. If we like the outcome we take that team and list it as a sample team below, so new people can take those blueprints, breed their mons and slowly work their way into tiers they didnt know before.

Why?

I want to implement some kind of reward system, possibly based on donations, but mainly to have fun building teams, helping some noobs out and helping to promote lower tiers. UU- and NU matchmaking are dead right now, but maybe if we help new people to get started lower tiers we can promote those. Maybe that´d help making PSL great again as well.

Who?

I think it´d be best if we had a small council for each tier. That council would consist of a host that ensures things are going their way and a few council members. This point can probably still be discussed; "do we elect hosts?"; "who´s gonna be in and who decides that?" and so on and so forth. Specifics, for now thats just a general idea and can be altered. Think general moderation should suffice, if that isnt the case we´ll see what can be done.

Rules: (just gonna copy pasta smogon for now, feel free to hit me up with suggestions if you think somethings lacking)

• Have a one-paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set or core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
  • Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people about what is good in the meta and how to build effective teams. If you're requesting a core, make sure that you provide good reasoning as to why that core is worth building around in the current metagame. Even if only one Pokemon is to be built around, it must be viable enough in the current metagame to warrant receiving the time and effort of our staff. We reserve the right to decline any request that we do not feel meets the Lab's quality standards.
  • Each user is allowed one request per week. If any user is found requesting multiple teams within that timeframe, the offending posts will be deleted and the user may see further punishment.
  • Please remember that these teams are first drafts and, as such, will not be perfect. Edit them as you please. That being said, builders must be willing to take constructive criticism regarding their teams and those who point out the flaws of a builder's team should contribute to the team's improvement in a constructive manner so that the builders and the clients can grow as players.
  • Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or for being unable to build around something themselves.
  • On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post the changes or critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
  • However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.
  • If people didn´t find the time to build something for you yet, please be patient. We have less active comp players than smogon, so things might take their time.

If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please send the hosts a forum PM containing an application. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.

Hosts:

OU:  Zymogen

UU:  Pachima

NU:  DrButler

LC:  YettoDie

Doubles:  Zigh

PokeMMO OU Teambuilding Lab

PokeMMO UU Teambuilding Lab

PokeMMO NU Teambuilding Lab

PokeMMO LC Teambuilding Lab

PokeMMO Doubles Teambuilding Lab

Announcements

• The Lab is currently accepting builder applications.
  • The Lab currently accepts requests for teams in the following commonly-played MMO metagames: OU, UU, NU, LC & Doubles

Edited by DrButler
On 1/27/2019 at 4:23 AM, aftershocker said:
  Hide contents

ODjkYZV.png

I was bored

this is awesome. i shall take this one for the OU Lab, thx a lot <3

so far i have two people, who would be willing to do the OU Lab, @Zymogen and @jfk; @pachima would be cool do do any tier; id be down to be part of the NU lab squad. im looking for like 4-5 people for each lab, so feel free to hit me up.

also @MknsZblex@YettoDie i know you guys like LC, any chance ud want to give an LC lab a try?

On 1/28/2019 at 6:44 PM, YettoDie said:

It could definitly be an interesting concept, would it be possible to give it a try first?

sure, you dont have to sign anything. i mean id put you as a host, cause i think its unlikely someone with more LC experience shows up, but you can drop it anytime ofc.

23 minutes ago, Zigh said:

Hmu when dubs theorymon is a thing

not quite sure if enough people are interested in dubs, but

ill just open a thread for each now and put you as hosts, cause, as i said, both of you should be capable to help out without being reliant on other peoples input. if people arent interested you got a chill job and if you dont wanna do it you can just lemme know and ill adjust stuff. i´ll also put zymo as host for OU and jfk as first builder; pachi as UU host and i take the NU host myself until someone shows interest in taking it.

still looking for people to support the hosts tho, so feel free to join in if you think you are able to help out and enjoy theorymoning.