Extra XP weekend

DarkTieru

Question

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DarkTieru said:

HI, I like suggets that in the weekend was gained extra xp, TY!

Good evening DarkTieru, I would like for you to consider an investment into Donor Status from the Gift Shop since it will give you a +25% Exp Bonus upon use.

Spoiler

039ef0c5b725391e4699ff0ea6266329.png

The development team is determined to bring us a wonderful experience here on PokeMMO. $1 United States Dollar = 100 Reward Points

I do not speak on behalf of the entire team when I say this, but I've played a fair amount of MMOs over the years with quite a few of them doing 'double exp' weekends - and in my experience it quickly turns from a 'bonus' into a standard.

Regular exp becomes slow in comparison, and a fair few players stop bothering to level anything until double exp weekend is up; which isn't exactly healthy.

That being said however, we are looking at some ways in the future to temporarily increase exp - but at the discretion of the player.

58 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I do not speak on behalf of the entire team when I say this, but I've played a fair amount of MMOs over the years with quite a few of them doing 'double exp' weekends - and in my experience it quickly turns from a 'bonus' into a standard.

Regular exp becomes slow in comparison, and a fair few players stop bothering to level anything until double exp weekend is up; which isn't exactly healthy.

That being said however, we are looking at some ways in the future to temporarily increase exp - but at the discretion of the player.

How about, buffing the lucky eggs to the normal rate?

I'm still waiting for the 'reason' you or someone from the team told me, 1 year ago on their nerf.

Speaking from personal experience, OG Runescape tried this exact same idea in a form of bonus xp weekends to attract new players, but it just ended in everyone stacking supplies and then doing 14 hour marathons only to do nothing until the next one arrived.

It sounds like a good idea on paper, but it's actually quite bad in reality.