World Cup Week #1

Why would people blame France B? They're doing the right thing to try to fight against a decisive loss that feels unfair to them.

China is also doing the right thing, from their perspective. They are maximizing their chances, because they know that Axoa is much better than their player.

The hosts are sitting between those two chairs, and like Hopy said, it seems that they haven't really managed to make a clear choice. 

In my opinion, giving a rematch wouldn't have made lots of people mad. China B knows that they stole a game, so it would be a joke if they think that it is unfair. Moreover, they're still in a good position because they won  2 battles.

A community event that lasts weeks and weeks is not at all like an automated tournament made in some hours. You can discuss difficult cases and make the right decision without penalizing or delaying the event.

First of all we'd like to apologize for the past ruling that was posted, there was a bit of miscommunication with the hosts and things turned out differently than expected.

This wasn't an easy decision to make, in our heart of hearts we do believe Axoa deserves the rematch or at least some sort of compensation in form of a tie,  however this would set up a precedent that we'd have to follow for the rest of this already messy tournament, unless we wanted to give the French team an unfavorable advantage by making this case the only exception. There's a grey area that would also appear if we ruled in favor of this: There's the case of EVLGOON's duel where he had the upper hand over his opponent Elvessss before disconnecting, albeit this win was not as guaranteed as Axoa's case, would that also be  considered grounds for a rematch? Other examples would be a hypothetical case where the only remaining Pokemon are let's say a +1 Salamence versus a Scarf Hydreigon, the owner of the Salamence knows his Salamence doesn't have a +Speed Nature while also having deduced previously that the Hydreigon does, this person could simply disconnect and request a rematch after since "the duel was already won, he just had to click Dragon Claw". Ambiguous cases like these are dime a dozen and granting the French team a rematch would allow cases like these to thrive disrupting the flow of the tournament.

Therefore I am going to define a few things.

The win condition is this message over here:

unknown.png

If the system message that pops after the duel claims that X defeated Y then X is granted an unconditional Victory.

Exceptions will occur however in the following cases:

- Both teams agree to play a rematch.
- A server shutdown happens in the middle of the duel.

- A catastrophe affecting the city where a player is located without any previous warning. Such as an Earthquake or another situation where the player has to evacuate. In such cases the player will have to provide convincing proof that they live where the event occurred within 24 hours of the event happening and that they also were involved in it.

In those cases the duel will have to be rescheduled and replayed regardless of how guaranteed a victory was for either player.

Keep in mind that in case of unfavorable conditions regarding rough weather, internet connection issues or recent power outages a player will always have the right to postpone a match until conditions are favorable for both, no matter what. In case a player insists on dueling under these unfavorable conditions, they will be held accountable of their actions.

In case the duel is postponed after the weekly deadline it will be up for the hosts to decide whether a delayed duel will happen in the following week or whether the team whose player was in condition to play gets an automatic win.

The final ruling for the duel between Axoa and MinGKA will be a victory for the Chinese team without any chance for the French team to appeal.

4 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

- A catastrophe affecting the city where a player is located without any previous warning. Such as an Earthquake or another situation where the player has to evacuate. In such cases the player will have to provide convincing proof that they live where the event occurred within 24 hours of the event happening and that they also were involved in it.

In those cases the duel will have to be rescheduled and replayed regardless of how guaranteed a victory was for either player.

@Arimanius 

5 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

First of all we'd like to apologize for the past ruling that was posted, there was a bit of miscommunication with the hosts and things turned out differently than expected.

This wasn't an easy decision to make, in our heart of hearts we do believe Axoa deserves the rematch or at least some sort of compensation in form of a tie,  however this would set up a precedent that we'd have to follow for the rest of this already messy tournament, unless we wanted to give the French team an unfavorable advantage by making this case the only exception. There's a grey area that would also appear if we ruled in favor of this: There's the case of EVLGOON's duel where he had the upper hand over his opponent Elvessss before disconnecting, albeit this win was not as guaranteed as Axoa's case, would that also be  considered grounds for a rematch? Other examples would be a hypothetical case where the only remaining Pokemon are let's say a +1 Salamence versus a Scarf Hydreigon, the owner of the Salamence knows his Salamence doesn't have a +Speed Nature while also having deduced previously that the Hydreigon does, this person could simply disconnect and request a rematch after since "the duel was already won, he just had to click Dragon Claw". Ambiguous cases like these are dime a dozen and granting the French team a rematch would allow cases like these to thrive disrupting the flow of the tournament.

Therefore I am going to define a few things.

The win condition is this message over here:

unknown.png

If the system message that pops after the duel claims that X defeated Y then X is granted an unconditional Victory.

Exceptions will occur however in the following cases:

- Both teams agree to play a rematch.
- A server shutdown happens in the middle of the duel.

Keep in mind that in case of unfavorable conditions regarding rough weather, internet connection issues or recent power outages a player will always have the right to postpone a match until conditions are favorable for both, no matter what. In case a player insists on dueling under these unfavorable conditions, they will be held accountable of their actions.

In case the duel is postponed after the weekly deadline it will be up for the hosts to decide whether a delayed duel will happen in the following week or whether the team whose player was in condition to play gets an automatic win.

The final ruling for the duel between Axoa and MinGKA will be a victory for the Chinese team without any chance for the French team to appeal.

Theeeeeeeeeeeere we go. Much better

Just when I thought that community events couldn't get any more worse hosts, looks like I was wrong.

It's hilarious that the majority of the hosts don't like me (Suigin, roxxass) so they decided to give the win to China because I won my match.

Before even playing my match we could get a tie if I won, that's why I wanted to wait for the decision before even playing my match but then China and hosts forced me to play my match.

This whole drama shows how biased these two hosts are (not talking about Mkns or OrangeManiac, both are good hosts that I can respect).

What's also funny is that people hate France B because they know we're the best team of that event, they're for sure happy that we got robbed.

Feels bad to see a great event getting ruined because of two shitty hosts.

Edited by Aerun

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.