World Cup Week #1

29 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

For the remainder of this tournament a timer loss will stand no matter what and no similar obscure point rulings can be ever enforced again.

Why enforce it at all if you're immediately going to prevent it thereafter? Why decline other people the same right? 

If you're going to enforce it, make it a level playing field and stick to your guns. Don't make it one rule for one group of people and another rule for the rest. Not only is this fucked, it also makes the hosts look weak. 

Edited by Zymogen

Wtf is that decision haha, after reading it 3 times I still don't understand the logic behind it

-It fucks the whole group by giving potentially more points than possible

-France B could have won the week 3.2, so the last sentence about the tie is confusing

-Still no damn and fair battle done

There was a massive lack of communication and consistency by the hosts ruling this whole case. We really need to improve on that and I can be the first one to admit that. But having a justifiable outcome was no longer an option due to the inconsistencies with the hosts and what we had publicly announced to both parties involved. From the bottom of it, it all came from us not agreeing with the core issue whether in this case a timer loss results in an indisputable loss.

12 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

There was a massive lack of communication and consistency by the hosts ruling this whole case. We really need to improve on that and I can be the first one to admit that. But having a justifiable outcome was no longer an option due to the inconsistencies with the hosts and what we had publicly announced to both parties involved. From the bottom of it, it all came from us not agreeing with the core issue whether in this case a timer loss results in an indisputable loss.

But I still don't understand why you are prepared to give them a point for losing?

59 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

so what happens to the uk, chile, rest of europe and rest of world who are now technically at a point disadvantage because of this decision? do we all get a point too?

Okay, I'll admit that this exceptional ruling was my idea in our host personal message group and us immediately agreeing about this is what we should do was a misunderstanding. I understand that other teams in said group feel like they're unfairly in a disadvantage and they would be right saying that they are. I understand that ruling wasn't exactly good but kinda how I've been raised is that if you promise something to someone, you will keep onto it and that's why I didn't let go of the requirement that France B will not be taken away something the hosts have promised to them. The same exact way other hosts had promised the Chinese team they had won their week.

I have decided to step down as co-host in this tournament from administrative perspective. I will remain as a consultant to Rox, I can edit the spreadsheets, scores, anything that will make her life easier but I will not take control of the administrative perspective of this tournament. After self-reflextion, as of now with so many hosts having strong opinions of how things should be done (being completely contradictory to each other) there is no way a competitive event could function properly.

Rox has done an incredible job negotiating the teams with over 200 people and this is something I would have never been able to do. What comes to me as an adminsitrative person, I am very stubborn and do not negotiate with people a lot. I do not feel like it is correct for me to have a voice while having such a completely different type of running things in an event like this, than the host who started all of this.

Currently in the host PM we're talking about that this ruling wasn't a good idea and I understand why. However, if the decision my suggested ruling will remain and the other 4 teams are negatively affected by this I will personally compensate with my in-game bank each of the team for an unfair point distribution idea.

To be perfectly honest, this shit is really getting to me. Being enforced to make incredible tough dilemmas at 2 AM and then not being able to sleep is something I can't do to myself anymore. Especially now I realized I am not a right person to run this kind of an event and that's why I have decided to step down from making administrative decisions in this event from now on.

Sorry about all this mess.

53 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Okay, I'll admit that this exceptional ruling was my idea in our host personal message group and us immediately agreeing about this is what we should do was a misunderstanding. I understand that other teams in said group feel like they're unfairly in a disadvantage and they would be right saying that they are. I understand that ruling wasn't exactly good but kinda how I've been raised is that if you promise something to someone, you will keep onto it and that's why I didn't let go of the requirement that France B will not be taken away something the hosts have promised to them. The same exact way other hosts had promised the Chinese team they had won their week.

I have decided to step down as co-host in this tournament from administrative perspective. I will remain as a consultant to Rox, I can edit the spreadsheets, scores, anything that will make her life easier but I will not take control of the administrative perspective of this tournament. After self-reflextion, as of now with so many hosts having strong opinions of how things should be done (being completely contradictory to each other) there is no way a competitive event could function properly.

Rox has done an incredible job negotiating the teams with over 200 people and this is something I would have never been able to do. What comes to me as an adminsitrative person, I am very stubborn and do not negotiate with people a lot. I do not feel like it is correct for me to have a voice while having such a completely different type of running things in an event like this, than the host who started all of this.

Currently in the host PM we're talking about that this ruling wasn't a good idea and I understand why. However, if the decision my suggested ruling will remain and the other 4 teams are negatively affected by this I will personally compensate with my in-game bank each of the team for an unfair point distribution idea.

To be perfectly honest, this shit is really getting to me. Being enforced to make incredible tough dilemmas at 2 AM and then not being able to sleep is something I can't do to myself anymore. Especially now I realized I am not a right person to run this kind of an event and that's why I have decided to step down from making administrative decisions in this event from now on.

Sorry about all this mess.

You know how much respect I have for you and I’ll never doubt your implication in anything you do or anyone you help. Still remember the little buff we did back in the days.

but the decision was  bad. You either had to decide for a rematch or let the point to the Chinese even if it was incredibly unfair. 

It feels like you puked but decided to eat back the half. 

I feel like most of you lost the track of our complains. Even beyond the rules, there’s also the honor. If i was the Chinese, I’d feel like I stole my friend’s snack during a kindergarden break.  This was a clear win, no other outcomes possible and refusing a rematch while he lost 100% is like refusing another chance to retry the huge lottery where you already lost and claiming victory 

Do anything you want hosts, but do it straight and good. Do not try to justify yourself with such poor argumentation (this one is for you rox)

Edited by ApacheHelicopter

-Don't recall any ranked game in my life where getting disconnected is treated case by case.

-Whether you like it or not. You're at the mercy of the Chinese team's honor, nothing else.
-Don't blame the hosts, they are not machines, they get pressured, it is normal.

-A referee can change a ruling without feeling obligated to stick to previous statements from other referees where a final fair decision is needed.
Example: Side referee rules an offside. - Main referee counts the goal. - Final ruling is in the hand of the main referee.

-It is a game, don't let it define your life.

Edited by MHkaserz
actually not even necessarily fair.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.