World Cup Week #1

6 hours ago, Zhikodark said:

Lets suppose Axoa won, and for example Mkns win his match because the chinese boy dc'd or lost by timeout and he got the duel almost winned 
Would you guys defend the Chinese dude equally?

I have nothing against Axoa, Thats only my opinion

I would defend the guy regardless of whom he was. Player- hosted events are imo always about sportsmanship, we are supposed to have fun, these events aren't staff- hosted events with strict rules where the winner is declared right away in such situations. Here we can turn to hosts and ask them for a possible solution in such situation. Unfortunately the only way I see this problem resolved is through a rematch which would be accepted by a winning player (in this example MinGKA), if he doesn't accept the rematch, then sorry- formally, he did win the match after all.

2 hours ago, Osuki said:

edit: I gave a rematch to someone who dc'd during my last psl, he had a better early game but i still told him I want to rematch move by move, yet he seems to support chinese's case, i guess it can always get more disgusting actually

You did the right thing and I would do the same thing, even if your ign would be doublej, because that's how things should look like from competitive perspective. It doesn't matter that someone doesn't follow the same path, you should be proud of yourself for being a good sport in this example.

Without good will from the second player I don't think there's anything that can be done. Mind you, though- in this situation, such lack of sportsmanship will hurt that guy more than a loss to his team ever would. Badge of a scum will be permanently pinned on him

Btw, about the rematch thingy- there was a time where I disconnected during an official tournament back in 2015 when the officials were hosted in Silph. I think it was a monotype or STAB tournament. Yours one and only @NikhilR decided himself to give me a rematch and asked staff to make this happen, earning himself eternal respect from not only me but also all the spectators who were there. Just food for thoughts for you, chinese folks.

1 hour ago, NikhilR said:

@OrangeManiac I remember when I dc'd vs you in finals of this official tour, and we had a rematch:

https://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/outuesday

The Chinese dude who made the comparison of this event to that of a marathon is a prime example of how we should avoid the presumption that all Asians are smart. 

This was a shitty decision. You assume voting in Osuki's decision would be favoritism because it's "against the rules," but these rules were literally crafted by you, and they can always, always be modified in such a manner to promote fairness. It's really not hard to say that this was an oversight, but I guess everything that needed to be said has been said. 

Regardless of this issue, I do want to thank the hosts for taking in the time and effort to keep this game alive. 

I remember this tournament. We played in finals and you had nearly guaranteed win over me in the finals and you disconnected. That's why I immediately announced to the host that I will accept a rematch if Nik comes back within a reasonable time. There was no forced rematch by the host of the tournament and I could have claimed the victory right there. I didn't. It was my decision, and rather my initiative to announce that I want the rematch for which Bluejim agreed to. This is a different situation because the opposing player does not want a rematch, and claims the win by the timer. And so far, I have stated that as a host I cannot enforce a rematch demanded by the player who lost by time. If both parties wanted a rematch, I would allow it without a question. That's why comparing these two cases does not work.

Edit: I removed my second paragraph as I'm unsure what was your intended message even with this comparison.

Edited by OrangeManiac
9 hours ago, KA1 said:

I'm MinGKA . my team had refuse to have a rematch. yes like Axoa said we are a coward. but i wanna to ask a something .in a marathon you are leading for the whole race but last minute you muscle cramped,can you refuse to accept the final result? no! thats your prob . no more reply for the battle. 

How is a marathon comparable to a video game match ? What makes a winner of a marathon a winner is his legs, and his body, they have to run as fast as possible and non stop until the end of the race. If someone gets a muscle cramp before the finish line, it's his fault, his body fked up. Now if you want a real comparison, you imagine a spectator interfering with a runner, grabbing his 2 legs and making him fall. In the case of this duel, Axoa was 1 inch away from the finish line, while you didn't even start the race, there was litterally no chance for you to win, regardless of the moves, the RNG, or anything. Axoa just got shot in the head and he died in front of the finish line, congrats you win the race.
Now, nobody died, his computer did, none of you is responsible for that but its common sense to accept at least a rematch if not giving the opponent the win when you know you lost the game. Axoa asked for a rematch because he is a gentleman, everyone else would have claimed the win in that situation.

7 hours ago, Roxxass said:

he had problemas, delay and other stuff so Why he played the match like this? 

He had a perfect net before the battle, why don't you understand that ? That's the only thing you're focused on since like 100+ messages, what's your problem ? The only point that should be discussed is "do we give the victory to the winning player if he is 2 moves away from winning when he disconnects", yet you're still arguing about his net before the battle when obviously, after 10 messages saying "Yes it was good", you can safely assume his net problems happened during the battle.

6 hours ago, bingonb said:

I am the captian of China b. I can understand what your thoughts is, but I don't accept your attitude. Everyone wants victory, I know. So do I. If in this battle my teammate's time is over, and the reason is that he is thinking, will you agree to rematch? As we know, in that battle there is still no obvious winner, why you need rematching after your time is over? So If we agree to rematch, this is our sympathy. And If we disagree, this is also our choice, and we have played in our all effort to express the respect, I think that's enough. I want to win, and your action is equal to applying for rematch after failure, saying that you are not in your best and you think it's unfair. Sorry, this is world champion. And you still have chance. If you don't know there is a limit of time, I have nothing to say. That's all. Good luck for next battle, everyone.

China's captain is still claiming that there was something his player could have done to win the game, that one of the best players in PokeMMO's community needs 3 minuts to think about clicking drainpunch vs a normal type when this normal type can't kill him even with a highroll crit, and that he failed selecting his move within 3 minuts because he was clearly thinking about what to do in a 4v2 situation with DP Timburr and Scarf gastly.

He didn't argue about the "You don't award someone the win because he theorically lost since his timer reached 0", he's saying his player still had a chance to win the game, that Axoa needed to think about his play, when litterally 20 persons can confirm this was totally wrong.

Since he has no problem about the """""""rule"""""", and that his only point is that he's denying that his player had the game lost, when he clearly had, there should be no problem at all to force a rematch from the hosts' pespective.

@Aerun win your game baby, we're winning this week

8 hours ago, Roxxass said:

Like what zigh I already made my arguments U are only mad 'cause we are aplying the rules so please, try to respet the rules. 

First of all, I havent said at any point that your decision isnt wrong, just that your way to justify is. There's a huge difference, the rules are the rules and in last instance the chinese player followed the rules.

Nik already corrected you in most of your points, so I dont think I need to continue that way. Also about the mini drama about posting the match beforehand, you were calling the guy to read the rules coz posting 24h early was wrong. Dunno if you're missing the AT LEAST 10 minutes before, but that means you can announce your match from the start of the week to 10 minutes prior to the match, doesnt have to be a time close to the battle.

Edited by Zigh
1 hour ago, Kamimiii said:

How is a marathon comparable to a video game match ? What makes a winner of a marathon a winner is his legs, and his body, they have to run as fast as possible and non stop until the end of the race. If someone gets a muscle cramp before the finish line, it's his fault, his body fked up. Now if you want a real comparison, you imagine a spectator interfering with a runner, grabbing his 2 legs and making him fall. In the case of this duel, Axoa was 1 inch away from the finish line, while you didn't even start the race, there was litterally no chance for you to win, regardless of the moves, the RNG, or anything. Axoa just got shot in the head and he died in front of the finish line, congrats you win the race.
Now, nobody died, his computer did, none of you is responsible for that but its common sense to accept at least a rematch if not giving the opponent the win when you know you lost the game. Axoa asked for a rematch because he is a gentleman, everyone else would have claimed the win in that situation.

He had a perfect net before the battle, why don't you understand that ? That's the only thing you're focused on since like 100+ messages, what's your problem ? The only point that should be discussed is "do we give the victory to the winning player if he is 2 moves away from winning when he disconnects", yet you're still arguing about his net before the battle when obviously, after 10 messages saying "Yes it was good", you can safely assume his net problems happened during the battle.

China's captain is still claiming that there was something his player could have done to win the game, that one of the best players in PokeMMO's community needs 3 minuts to think about clicking drainpunch vs a normal type when this normal type can't kill him even with a highroll crit, and that he failed selecting his move within 3 minuts because he was clearly thinking about what to do in a 4v2 situation with DP Timburr and Scarf gastly.

He didn't argue about the "You don't award someone the win because he theorically lost since his timer reached 0", he's saying his player still had a chance to win the game, that Axoa needed to think about his play, when litterally 20 persons can confirm this was totally wrong.

Since he has no problem about the """""""rule"""""", and that his only point is that he's denying that his player had the game lost, when he clearly had, there should be no problem at all to force a rematch from the hosts' pespective.

@Aerun win your game baby, we're winning this week

just like you said it's his fault cuzhis body fkd up . a reply for you its your fault cuz your internet fkd up

Anyway,that's all.France b still has chance. And If you think that is unfair, let me have a look at your power. I don't mind having a battle again after this group game. If you can prove your ability and step on, I wait for you. If you fail in the group, I think there is nothing to say. Wish good luck.

29 minutes ago, KA1 said:

just like you said it's his fault cuzhis body fkd up . a reply for you its your fault cuz your internet fkd up

Relying on that prove just you were bad and scared enough not caring about your honour. Not wishing you good luck, guys of your kind doesn’t deserve any mercy nor respect. You’re a disgrace for your team and this game. 

4 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I remember this tournament. We played in finals and you had nearly guaranteed win over me in the finals and you disconnected. That's why I immediately announced to the host that I will accept a rematch if Nik comes back within a reasonable time. There was no forced rematch by the host of the tournament and I could have claimed the victory right there. I didn't. It was my decision, and rather my initiative to announce that I want the rematch for which Bluejim agreed to. This is a different situation because the opposing player does not want a rematch, and claims the win by the timer. And so far, I have stated that as a host I cannot enforce a rematch demanded by the player who lost by time. If both parties wanted a rematch, I would allow it without a question. That's why comparing these two cases does not work.

Edit: I removed my second paragraph as I'm unsure what was your intended message even with this comparison.

My point was that the rules were always susceptible to being bent, despite the default rule being that you lose if you dc. You volunteered for the rematch because it was the fairest thing to do given the circumstances, which is why the rules allowed for it. So, while it's nice that you volunteered to offer a rematch, I just don't think there should even be a discussion of whether the player, who wins via timeout as he was clearly going to lose, should have the option to accept or decline it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.