Jump to content
  • 2
Sign in to follow this  
Zymogen

Ironman Mode

Question

Similar to RuneScape's Ironman mode, it would be fun to have the option to make an account that is not able to trade or interact beneficially with other people - i.e. wouldn't be able to buy/sell via the GTL, wouldn't be able to trade or mail from player to player, etc.

 

This way, the grind to the game seems like it has more of a purpose than for just monetary gain - you would need to grind all of your own breeders, berries, held items, and everything else in order to progress. 

 

I know a lot of people are against how grindy the game is already, but this would add a new way to approach it at least. The only problem I would see with this, though, would be trade evolutions. 

 

Thoughts?

Edited by Zymogen

Share this post


Link to post

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Just now, Bilburt said:

you can just not trade?

You could say the same for RuneScape, yet they had their reasons for making it an entirely new mode 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Just now, Zymogen said:

You could say the same for RuneScape, yet they had their reasons for making it an entirely new mode 

can you list them or do I have to know these?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

To my knowledge nothing is stopping someone from self-imposing these rules upon themselves currently and thus I cannot personally see much benefit to the creation of this game-mode.

The creation of a setting that would do this to characters could also be potentially harmful if done by accident (usually by newer players) and would as a result likely be made toggle-able to allow this to be fixed, at which point it goes back around to being a voluntary set of self-imposed rules since you could just turn it off if you wanted anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, Bilburt said:

can you list them or do I have to know these?

1) Who would stick to a solo mode and make an effort to be self-sufficient if there weren't genuine restrictions on the account? 

2) It allows the player to more deeply appreciate the manual process of having to accumulate different materials and breeders and therefore gives a greater sense of achievement after breeding a natured 6x31 comp for example

3) It would give more of a purpose to stuff like the crafting system, as it would be used as one of the main ways to obtain things like PP Ups/Maxes

4) The satisfaction of being able to say that you built a successful account from the ground up without any outside help

5) Having actual restrictions forces you to play the game from a different perspective, and gives more inherent value to items and Pokemon themselves as opposed to everything being reliant on actual money

6) Shinies found on these accounts wouldn't affect the current market

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
12 minutes ago, Matoka said:

To my knowledge nothing is stopping someone from self-imposing these rules upon themselves currently and thus I cannot personally see much benefit to the creation of this game-mode.

See above

 

12 minutes ago, Matoka said:

The creation of a setting that would do this to characters could also be potentially harmful if done by accident (usually by newer players) and would as a result likely be made toggle-able to allow this to be fixed, at which point it goes back around to being a voluntary set of self-imposed rules since you could just turn it off if you wanted anyway.

You'd have to be some kind of idiot to accidentally apply something that you would be required to confirm on multiple occasions before creating the character. And even then, the player would soon realise and be able to delete the character and start again. I can't see anyone being silly enough to get through an entire region or multiple regions before noticing. 

Edited by Zymogen

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
18 hours ago, Zymogen said:

You could say the same for RuneScape, yet they had their reasons for making it an entirely new mode 

in runescape however, the mode has a lot of limitation, and the game itself has a ton of content to keep it from going boring(I can only speak for OSRS, as I never played rs3). Here sadly we don't have that much content.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
20 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Similar to RuneScape's Ironman mode, it would be fun to have the option to make an account that is not able to trade or interact beneficially with other people - i.e. wouldn't be able to buy/sell via the GTL, wouldn't be able to trade or mail from player to player, etc.

 

This way, the grind to the game seems like it has more of a purpose than for just monetary gain - you would need to grind all of your own breeders, berries, held items, and everything else in order to progress. 

 

I know a lot of people are against how grindy the game is already, but this would add a new way to approach it at least. The only problem I would see with this, though, would be trade evolutions. 

 

Thoughts?

You mean like a server with no economical value? Like the player that grinds the hardest gonna be the best

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
45 minutes ago, Goku said:

You mean like a server with no economical value? Like the player that grinds the hardest gonna be the best

I don't quite understand what you're saying

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, razimove said:

in runescape however, the mode has a lot of limitation, and the game itself has a ton of content to keep it from going boring(I can only speak for OSRS, as I never played rs3). Here sadly we don't have that much content.

It'll be so until the devs prioritize the implementation of new content. Until then though....

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, Goku said:

You mean like a server with no economical value? Like the player that grinds the hardest gonna be the best

Search for this:

Oldschool Runescape Iron Man, check their 'rules' and then if you have the time, check a video of someone starting one, you'll understand what Zymo means, it's not a separated server, just a different type of character, that is unable to interact with others, it's like you're playing offline mode, except with access to competitive, shiny hunting, chatting with the community blablabla

Edited by razimove

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

i love this idea , i never played runescape but recently i'm been watching a lot ultimate ironman videos by settled, it's really interesting for hard core mmo players.
this could works nice here on pokemmo, but i bet this idea never will be considered, unfortunately. :(

Edited by xRdZiiiN

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
23 minutes ago, xRdZiiiN said:

i love this idea , i never played runescape but recently i'm been watching a lot ultimate ironman videos by settled, it's really interesting for hard core mmo players.
this could works nice here on pokemmo, but i bet this idea never will be ever considered, unfortunately. :(

Settled's videos are exactly what made me think of this idea hahaha, Swampletics OP

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.