[OU]YokkyuFuman NO Egoism(Saturday,9th February)

Ki

253737125caed7a6270818831bc20039.jpg

欲求不満のエゴイズム

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 128 Players | 6v6 OU | Bracket

Date & Time

Saturday, 9th February | 13pm UTC - 8am EST Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

OU Ban List

Spoiler

Dugtrio | Wobbuffet

Banned Moves

Spoiler

Baton Pass

1st Place Prize

812b5ed414d462b806003c4c12a819ee.gif

SHINY GIFT  Ferroseed

Your choice of nature, 2 moves, with IVs 2x0 & 4x25

+

1,300,000 Pokeyen OR 1,300 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize

700,000 Pokeyen OR 700 Reward Points

3rd - 4th Place Prize

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points

5th - 8th Place Prize

125,000 Pokeyen OR 125 Reward Points

Honestly I preffer those IVs for a mon that needs 0 speed (Also 0 spa doesnt matter), I like the experiment and hopefully it can be applied to other pokemon, specially trick room pokemon  for doubles (25 speed amoongus and torkoal are basically useless), still @Havsha

EDIT: Obviously it would be ideal if we could get 2x31, 1x0, 3x25, but if you make me choose between 2x31 and 2x0 for these specific kind of pokemon, i for one take the 2x0

Edited by FNTCZ
1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

@Lightningvolt Since you're the event coordinator, mind explaining? Is this just a mistake?

The automated system only allows for 2*X and 4*Y IV distribution. Since Ferroseed/thorn use Gyro ball that requires the lowest speed possible, an IV option of 2x0 was chosen instead of 2x31. Also, this is not the first event where this combination is being used. A few CCs and other officials have used it in the recent past, with Pokemon that use 0 speed IV.

Just now, Lightningvolt said:

The automated system only allows for 2*X and 4*Y IV distribution. Since Ferroseed/thorn use Gyro ball that requires the lowest speed possible, an IV option of 2x0 was chosen instead of 2x31. Also, this is not the first event where this combination is being used. A few CCs and other officials have used it in the recent past, with Pokemon that use 0 speed IV.

wait does that mean that you can just set Y = 28 and make shiny prizes a bit more competitive (4x28) ... why dont you?? at least make them 26 since thats an extra point in uninvested stats at level 50 (since you pick 31 for the stats you are eveing on)

7 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

But this effectively makes the prize worse. Ferrothorn with 25 speed IV is plenty usable with a non minus speed nature, can use something like Iron Head or even Bulldoze instead of Gyro ball and then slap both 31s into defenses (and HP IV, which is super important on it).

I didn't know this is not the first time that such a "comp" was distributed but seriously... this should end. Shiny prizes from tours are really bad already and they seriously do not need to be even worse...

E:

I'm looking at a Sigilyph I won in a CC event some time ago.

Community Combat.

64 people.

4x29 2x31.

I'm looking at this Ferroseed in an official OU.

Official OU.

128 people.

4x25 2x0.

You embarris.

Edited by RysPicz
I embarris.
5 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

You could also make it 2x0, 4x29 to compensate... that would be GREAT

2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

But this effectively makes the prize worse. Ferrothorn with 25 speed IV is plenty usable with a non minus speed nature, can use something like Iron Head or even Bulldoze instead of Gyro ball and then slap both 31s into defenses (and HP IV, which is super important on it).

21 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

but if you make me choose between 2x31 and 2x0 for these specific kind of pokemon, i for one take the 2x0

Changing it is not a problem (but not for this event) but (majority of) people will have to agree with it. Leave a comment in event suggestion & feedback.

10 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

wait does that mean that you can just set Y = 28 and make shiny prizes a bit more competitive (4x28) ... why dont you?? at least make them 26 since thats an extra point in uninvested stats at level 50 (since you pick 31 for the stats you are eveing on)

I believe that has already been discussed in a suggestion thread and that was what the feedback was, to this suggestion. I can't change those things or influence it.

1 minute ago, Lightningvolt said:

believe that has already been discussed in a suggestion thread and that was what the feedback was, to this suggestion. I can't change those things or influence it.

Where? Either it is a super old thread or something because I cannot comprenhend people being against this.

Also, again, at least for the 2x0 mons... why not make them 4x29? It is the perfect solution

• 3 weeks later...
  • Ki locked this topic