PVP weekly ban rotation

alejandrou

Question

So, as the topic says, I believe there should be a weekly ban rotation of... who knows, the 3-5 most used pokes for example? to add some variety to the gameplay.

I don't play ranked yet, but as I have seen so far in normals, and by spectating ranked games, most people spam blissey, ferrothorn, skarmory, cofa, etc, and I believe this makes the game somehow repetitive; I'm not saying stall teams should be completely destroyed, it's a valid strategy. But when all (or most) the games are the same, it loses the magic. 

By banning a few of these pokes each week, we would be forced to create new strategies every week, and we could still use the stall blissey++ things when they are not banned.

So, what do you guys think?

6 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, alejandrou said:

So, as the topic says, I believe there should be a weekly ban rotation of... who knows, the 3-5 most used pokes for example?

We would fall in constant cycle. Every odd week there would be meta like today and every even week there would be meta around unbanned ubers

You mean weekly X and Y mons go on a rampage because its counters/checks are banned for the week. This is a flat no suggestion.

If you think most games you're gonna be up against will be versus stall, throw 1 or 2 stallbreakers into your team. If stall players go up against stallbreakers, they're gonna stop using stall every game because nobody likes being a punching bag. Players will keep adapting to what they lose against, shaping the metagame as we know it.

8 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I have a better idea. Ban all walls or pokes with a single defensive stat above 75. Who even needs defense. Imagine the variety when Mienshao will be facing Sharpedo or Archeops, Smeargles fighting Linoones, tournaments would progress much faster... I can only see benefits. 

That's a great idea for tournament