A very salty boi

4 hours ago, suigin said:

Yeah but it makes it more spammable, meaning Hydreigon would love to blindly spam Dark Pulse without any chance of outplay.

Again, spammability, and that fighting move has a 30% chance to miss. In the case where Scizor switches into a Gengar predicting Shadow Ball to Pursuit trap it, in gen5 it could do it, in gen6, it gets 2hKO'd.

We also don't have fairy type to switch into Hydreigon's Dark Pulse, so why arbitrarily buff Dark type?

so basically you are saying a single pokemon alone is the reason why a whole type isn't getting their mechanic updated? i know you guys want to avoid banning stuff to the maximum but banning this thing that need nerf left and right could make room for probably many more pokemon.

for the case of gengar bisharp would shine against gengar with both sucker punch and pursuit availible.

2 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

so basically you are saying a single pokemon alone is the reason why a whole type isn't getting their mechanic updated? i know you guys want to avoid banning stuff to the maximum but banning this thing that need nerf left and right could make room for probably many more pokemon.

I also mentioned a bunch of times that the lack of Fairy type to tank those Dark Type hits is also a factor. Also there's pretty much no reason to implement these changes, making Bisharp and Weavile a bit better isn't worth messing with the balance of two of the best mons in OU.

for the case of gengar bisharp would shine against gengar with both sucker punch and pursuit availible.

Bisharp would also have to hope Gengar misses Focus Blast if it sets up a sub and then guess another 50/50 on whether Gengar switches out, sets up a sub, or attacks again.