PokeMMO OU Teambuilding Compendium

suigin

Nice guide.Always nice to have some more PvP guides.Especialy newer ones since pvp tactics always change when updates add more pokemons moves items and such.

If salamence is a physical wall.Would gyarados also be a physical wall?It has same ability to help physical defense and same hp stats.And almost same defense stats.

Gyarados has better spe def but less speed.Or could it be because of moves?Or its type has more threats?

Edited by MightyBoxer
1 hour ago, Winterclaw said:

how come aero is special wall? :O Missplaced?

38 minutes ago, Bubaili said:

Was about to ask too. I wondered if there was a secret build I never heard about...

Anyway good job here, a very useful thread !

I heard some defensive players use Aero as a special wall. It's a very niche pick and only fits the said specific team I guess but it is used indeed as a Special Wall.

29 minutes ago, MightyBoxer said:

Nice guide.Always nice to have some more PvP guides.Especialy newer ones since pvp tactics always change when updates add more pokemons moves items and such.

If salamence is a physical wall.Would gyarados also be a physical wall?It has same ability to help physical defense and same hp stats.And almost same defense stats.

Gyarados has better spe def but less speed.Or could it be because of moves?Or its type has more threats?

Salamence has Roost and that's the reason you can really call it a "wall". After Intimidate, some physical threats simply cannot 2HKO Salamence so Roost will essentially make them useless and force them to switch out. Gyarados has no reliable recovery move - only Rest, which makes its usefulness much more limited. I've actually used max defensive Gyarados as a niche Pokemon and it's actually quite alright - it just doesn't "wall" opponents and quite rather focuses only on Dragon Tailing for hazard chip damage. For the lack of recovery I think "tank" is a better word to describe that, rather than a "wall". But again it goes down to the definitions.

1 hour ago, OrangeManiac said:

I heard some defensive players use Aero as a special wall. It's a very niche pick and only fits the said specific team I guess but it is used indeed as a Special Wall.

I'd like to see that special wall aero set and reason behind it to make one, i mean to wall what pokemon etc.
I'm asking this beacuse i want to see how effective she can be as a defensive rather than her usual offensive roles in team.

Edited by Winterclaw
2 hours ago, Winterclaw said:

I'd like to see that special wall aero set and reason behind it to make one, i mean to wall what pokemon etc.
I'm asking this beacuse i want to see how effective she can be as a defensive rather than her usual offensive roles in team.

People were using special wall aero set with pressure to deal with Volcarona. Set was Rock Slide/ Sub/ Roost/ Protect I think. Whoever invented that bad mon has probably already stopped from using it, judging from Aero's usage.

2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

People were using special wall aero set with pressure to deal with Volcarona. Set was Rock Slide/ Sub/ Roost/ Protect I think. Whoever invented that bad mon has probably already stopped from using it, judging from Aero's usage.

It has a niche at beating Togekiss too but yeah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...