Weather Turn Counter

Aard

Question

15 answers to this question

how about a counter for everything possible, weather trick room, anything that does not have a random duration

26 minutes ago, DarkxAkira said:

I think ths could be a pretty cool feature here.

And since this came forth it would be pretty cool if when we put the mouse in the pokemon's hp bar it showed the buffs and debuffs it has active, like +1 Atk and such.

what i saw myself in another pokemmo game is the use of the summary, stats in summary should change in battle to give a accurate statcount, aka u have 100 attack in summary and you use sword dance, then there should be 200 attack now in summary ( wich resets when u leave battle).

Edited by Nibero

It would be nice but it's nowhere near needed. Not sure why would you go through the battle chat to find out how many turns are left for an effect to end, just count. Counting is a part of the battle experience imo.  If you struggle with muscle memory or don't wanna put any effort into it, grab a piece of paper and a pen or open your notepad and take note of how many turns have passed.

Stat changes are even easier to keep track of.

20 minutes ago, FlaFlaPT said:

It would be nice but it's nowhere near needed.

You also don't need sprites, fancy moves, anything, a console, with plain text, would be enough for a competitive battle, yet we have what we have.

Although it's not hard, there's no downside to this suggestion, and it would help, not in the sense that is gamechanging, but as a QoL feature, is pretty nice.

23 minutes ago, FlaFlaPT said:

It would be nice but it's nowhere near needed. Not sure why would you go through the battle chat to find out how many turns are left for an effect to end, just count. Counting is a part of the battle experience imo.  If you struggle with muscle memory or don't wanna put any effort into it, grab a piece of paper and a pen or open your notepad and take note of how many turns have passed.

Well for comp players who have been in the scene for quite some time we think ahead in the battle. We don't always keep track since we think of multiple changes and things that will present itself during battle. So saying it's not needed, speak for yourself because I can guarantee you all comp players will appreciate this suggestion.

10 minutes ago, razimove said:

You also don't need sprites, fancy moves, anything, a console, with plain text, would be enough for a competitive battle, yet we have what we have.

Although it's not hard, there's no downside to this suggestion, and it would help, not in the sense that is gamechanging, but as a QoL feature, is pretty nice.

If you read the 1st thing I said, you'd know I'm on your side on this, as in it would be a QoL nice feature. I just pointed it out that it's not something you can live without, there is no info hidden from you.

13 minutes ago, Goku said:

Well for comp players who have been in the scene for quite some time we think ahead in the battle. We don't always keep track since we think of multiple changes and things that will present itself during battle. So saying it's not needed, speak for yourself because I can guarantee you all comp players will appreciate this suggestion.

I might be "new" to pokemmo but I'm not new to competitive pvp. If you don't keep track of these things you're disregarding info that might end up with you not making the best possible play. There isn't information hidden from the player, therefore it is not needed (I don't think this is an outrageous statement as you're picturing it lul). I myself would appreciate it, less work for me.

Still think this is super low priority and if development is to happen in pvp, devs and staff should focus entirely on team preview and the release of hidden abilities, legendaries and remaining evolution lines.

5 hours ago, FlaFlaPT said:

Still think this is super low priority and if development is to happen in pvp, devs and staff should focus entirely on team preview and the release of hidden abilities, legendaries and remaining evolution lines.

Yes, the dev team should focus entirely of catering a 1000 person dinner banquet instead of cooking some scrambled eggs for breakfast.  Its one or the other.  No breakfast for anyone ever!

Seriously though, priority is determined by how hard something is to implement.  Implementing a team preview is more difficult than writing a few lines of code that display a counter in a text box.  The dev team should know how to do this in a couple of hours max if there's any hope of them knowing how to do a preview, or dungeons, or any of the other stuff people want. 

9 hours ago, FlaFlaPT said:

ye lets all go back to playing on PO. all the fancy shmancy shit on showdown just takes away from the fun

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I forgot completely what I was going to say.

7 hours ago, Goku said:

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I forgot completely what I was going to say.

is what i should of wrote, as when i responded a white knighting mod removed what i said Lo.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, Goku said:

XD UR SO FUNNY DUDE LOL