Togekiss with Nastly Pot

Togekiss has been one of the most annoying pokemons to fight against, since he has roost, heal bell, nastly pot, air slash and among other moves that makes him a very used poke ,why can he get out of a stall by giving heal bell or roost then a nastly pot and then giving himself a sequel of air slash

The problem is that a pokemon of the size of the togekiss (very HP, good defense, medium speed, sp def medium and a sp atk a little high) that holds a lot of damage and still returns an unbalanced damage with a lot of chance to give you a "RNG" (flinch, burn, Critical hit) is not very cool and with nastly Pot the damage only increases ... 

go your opinion

I'm sorry for my english :/

1 minute ago, Takens said:

it wont ho ko

with a nastly pot?

+2 0 SpA Togekiss Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 154-182 (105.4 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO 

+2 0 SpA Togekiss Aura Sphere vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 188-224 (95.9 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

4 hours ago, Bubaili said:

Honestly when I see the Hax clause which forbids items like King's Rock affecting Hax during battles I wonder why Togekiss Serenity Grace ability is not forbidden too. It works with the same effect. Togekiss would remain strong anyway because of its stats and move pool and it would have 30% flinch like the rest of the pokemons. 

One makes Togekiss pull luck based bullshit.

The other one makes everyone pull luck based bullshit.

If the only other ability alternative for Kiss wasn't Hustle, which is completely worthless on it, I'd probably propose banning Serene Grace (Which would probably still cause plenty of backlash), alas Kiss plays too important of a role in the meta to force it to use Hustle and Super Luck won't be out for a while.

One makes Togekiss pull luck based bullshit. => 60%

The other one makes everyone pull luck based bullshit. => 10%

Just saying... 

I honestly dont mind about Togekiss in pvp, i got ways to deal with but the hax clause doesnt make any sense if we keep togekiss with serena grace. 

Besides on Pokemmo it's not the first time one pokemon in particular got nerfed (hi Draco meteor hydreigon)

Edited by Bubaili

If you get annoyed by nasty plot toge with heal bell, then you should try running less stall/fat teams because the whole purpose of that set isn't to hax through, is to destroy stall. I feel like most people of this meta think "I'll use 3 to 4 fat mons and I'll do fine" which strengthens this set.

The scarf set is the brainless I'll just hax through set, which works great vs offense and loses power as the opposing team gets fatter because requires more coin flips to ko.

52 minutes ago, foyone said:

what about nerf air slash from %30 flinch to %20?

Then you will nerf any Pokémon that learns Air Slash, the move isn't the issue suggest by the OP. It is the Pokemon + the ability + the move.

Just use scarf Tyranitar and ez pz dead.

Those are not technically nerfs (outrage and knock off). The reason why outrage is at 90 bp and knock off at 20 is because otherwise we would end up with some insanely powerful mons against which there would be little to no counter play. That's not the case when it comes to Togekiss and/or Air Slash; there are numerous ways to deal with Togekiss no matter how strong or versatile it may be.

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Those are not technically nerfs (outrage and knock off). The reason why outrage is at 90 bp and knock off at 20 is because otherwise we would end up with some insanely powerful mons against which there would be little to no counter play. That's not the case when it comes to Togekiss and/or Air Slash; there are numerous ways to deal with Togekiss no matter how strong or versatile it may be.

also, 65bp knock, was only introduced in gen6, together with the stones and z's

48 minutes ago, razimove said:

also, 65bp knock, was only introduced in gen6, together with the stones and z's

ya, i just meant that 20 bp knock off and 90 bp outrage both exist in gen 3 and gen 5, so those are not nerfs, just shitty versions of the moves.

Of course there are many ways to deal with them, in the same way with Hydre plus Cometa Draco after all there is a drop of 2 levels, same with dragonite steels pokes (Skarmory,Ferrothorn, Bronzong or faster pokes type dragon/ice, prority included).

The problem no is a counter for togekiss, the problem is the broken hab plus move, if you lose your poke ¨counter¨ or kiss flich any turn u poke ¨counter¨, kiss its a poke so bulk, with a decent speed and a lot of skill (luck), too unfair in my opinion, thing for which other pokes have been banned (Dugtrio).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.