Expansion Ticket for more friend slots & more ideas

Terresa

Question

I have already made the post in the wishlist thread but I'd like to hear about your opinion regarding shiny breeding.

Wishlist:

- reduce the cost of Scyther from the game corner to 4999$ so you can get 2 Scythers in one run 

- ingame list of all staff members who are currently online (if staff members want privacy, there should be an invisible option)

- expansion ticket of the number of friend slots available

- the name changer should be able to set back the name of a Pokémon to it's original (once the name of a shiny Pokémon has been changed, it will never display e.g. "Shiny Ninetails" again and if you name it "Shiny Ninetails", it looks dumb). 

- breeding should no longer give you the chance of hatching a shiny, unless you breed two shinies. This is a conversational topic but I feel that shinies - especially    rare shinies - should be kept special. The value of shinies is dropping significantly and the game has turned into vanityMMO.

8 minutes ago, Terresa said:

There have been enough examples where the developers made change, even though it hurt a lot of players wealth.

E.g. changes in genderless breeding, introducing hordes (rip shiny Growlithe 80m) or hidden power...

This is just how the game works, not everyone can benefit off changes.

Your solution is like trying to fix a gas leak, with duct tape.

There's just no incentives to invest into shinies, and people are starting to realize that. Also, the chinese invasion didn't help the market, either. And yen value is almost null currently, because they decided not to nerf the berries value in npcs, and chinese keep abusing enigma berries and the likes.

If yen becomes valuable again, and they introduce some incentive to want to have shinies, even a shiny dex or something, just something new to incentivate the shiny market, you might see a difference, or shiny only events, I don't know, just something to incentivate people into investing in them.

But hatching shinies or hunting them will be the exact same for some, when people found that absol held life orbs, at least 4 new absols, popped into the game, that hurts absol value a LOT, and wasn't through breeding. The economy is just beyond repair right now, and they couldn't care less about it, it's not only shinies, like you refered

31 minutes ago, Munya said:

Hatching shinies is honestly whats effecting the amount of shinies on the market the least, the reason you see so many hatched shinies is because you have a guaranteed shiny hatch when you breed 2 other shinies together.  Breeding isn't whats spewing them all out its sweet scenting.

Classic opinion from someone who doesn't even play the game.

If you actually played the game you would have seen that most of the new ultra rares, if not all, (Fossils, Beldum, Starters, Safari Rares...) are randomly hatched using the Ditto method.

I just saw in game that someone who previously hatched a Shiny Porygon and a Shiny Aerodactyl using the Ditto method just hatched a Shiny Charmander a few days ago.

People don't even hunt with wild encounters anymore because you got a 100% chance to get the Shinies you want with the Ditto method.

People who say that the Ditto method isn't easy or fun to do clearly have never tried to hunt for a rare Shiny with wild encounters.

Hatching shinies is way easier to do than hunting with wild encounters since you don't have a guaranteed chance to get the shiny you want.

Most of the people who hunt with the Ditto method get their Shiny faster than someone who hunt with wild encounters. Let's be honest, most of people who hatch 'mons get their shinies within a month and like two months if very unlucky whereas people who hunt with single encounters are extremely lucky if they get a Rare within a month or two.

For the " " expensive " " part of the Ditto method - it isn't much of an issue anymore since it's way too easy to get cash now just with the berry business.

11 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Classic opinion from someone who doesn't even play the game.

If you actually played the game you would have seen that most of the new ultra rares, if not all, (Fossils, Beldum, Starters, Safari Rares...) are randomly hatched using the Ditto method.

I just saw in game that someone who previously hatched a Shiny Porygon and a Shiny Aerodactyl using the Ditto method just hatched a Shiny Charmander a few days ago.

People don't even hunt with wild encounters anymore because you got a 100% chance to get the Shinies you want with the Ditto method.

People who say that the Ditto method isn't easy or fun to do clearly have never tried to hunt for a rare Shiny with wild encounters.

Hatching shinies is way easier to do than hunting with wild encounters since you don't have a guaranteed chance to get the shiny you want.

Most of the people who hunt with the Ditto method get their Shiny faster than someone who hunt with wild encounters. Let's be honest, most of people who hatch 'mons get their shinies within a month and like two months if very unlucky whereas people who hunt with single encounters are extremely lucky if they get a Rare within a month or two.

For the " " expensive " " part of the Ditto method - it isn't much of an issue anymore since it's way too easy to get cash now just with the berry business.

The topic spoke in a generalization of all shinies not just super rare ones, if you want to get into the specific topic of those, I think they are dumb, in the sense they are too valuable, I don't see why we should nerf the still very hard way to obtain those shinies to make it even worse.

There have been good arguments on boths sides and there is no right or wrong, only a players personal view of this situation.

At the end it will be the developers decision, we can only adress the issue and play along.

I am glad that some of the other points listed above, had a strong agreement.

Making accusations about other players and turning this into a personal matter, is not the way to go.

When it comes to the economy aspect of the game, the discussions will always become more heated.

Change will always have winners and losers and there have been enough examples of this in MMO.

9 minutes ago, Munya said:

The topic spoke in a generalization of all shinies not just super rare ones, if you want to get into the specific topic of those, I think they are dumb, in the sense they are too valuable, I don't see why we should nerf the still very hard way to obtain those shinies to make it even worse.

How is that a very hard way? Have you ever tried to hunt a rare with single encounters?

31 minutes ago, Munya said:

Since the developers have already taken action - by changing the catch rate of Dittos - this is a serious topic which caught their attention.

Hunting any shiny has never been any simpler and for the first time it is actually possible to complete (nearly) the whole shiny Pokedéx.

For example: Beldum, Eevee, Omanyte, Bulbasaur, Charmander... cost 100m or less.

Before the horde of chinese entered the game, those shinies (among other shinies) were still considered special.

These days they are being dumped on the market and don't even find buyers.

The definition of "special" is arguable but a GTL with 600-700 shiny listings, you can follow the value loss of ultra rare shinies on a daily scale.

The "I want that shiny next" mentality was non existing beforehand.

Players actually had to get out and try their luck to find a rare shiny - in some cases that could take years.

But now you breed for 1-3 months and you will have your shiny (still hard work but NOTHING compared of trying to find your shiny in the wild).

Edited by Terresa
41 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Been hatching for my shiny everyday since March 2018 and still nothing :c #rngesushatesme (but i digress lol)

14 minutes ago, Terresa said:

Players actually had to get out and try their luck to find a rare shiny - in some cases that could take years.

How is that good though? Its just sad that people couldnt even get their desired shiny even putting a lot of effort into it

5 hours ago, Terresa said:

- breeding should no longer give you the chance of hatching a shiny, unless you breed two shinies. This is a conversational topic but I feel that shinies - especially    rare shinies - should be kept special. The value of shinies is dropping significantly and the game has turned into vanityMMO.

No, this should be the only way to get shinies, I thought hordes were the shiny market killer? Also make it so only breeding mons with 31 in one or more ivs for an extra layer of difficulty to obtain shinies. It would also double as a moneysink.

20 minutes ago, suigin said:

No, this should be the only way to get shinies, I thought hordes were the shiny market killer? Also make it so only breeding mons with 31 in one or more ivs for an extra layer of difficulty to obtain shinies. It would also double as a moneysink.

rip 6x0 dream

43 minutes ago, Terresa said:

Since the developers have already taken action - by changing the catch rate of Dittos - this is a serious topic which caught their attention.

Hunting any shiny has never been any simpler and for the first time it is actually possible to complete (nearly) the whole shiny Pokedéx.

For example: Beldum, Eevee, Omanyte, Bulbasaur, Charmander... cost 100m or less.

Before the horde of chinese entered the game, those shinies (among other shinies) were still considered special.

These days they are being dumped on the market and don't even find buyers.

The definition of "special" is arguable but a GTL with 600-700 shiny listings, you can follow the value loss of ultra rare shinies on a daily scale.

But now you breed for 1-3 months and you will have your shiny (still hard work but NOTHING compared of trying to find your shiny in the wild).

I stopped hatching eggs or shiny hunting since I can actually afford to buy any shiny I want right now and not waste my time. Besides there's nothing special anymore since halve the chinese playerbase walking around with starters or rares or fossils. Whatever. I'm saving my money right now hoping to snatch a legendary in the dungeons, but that may still also be common af with the current system in place. Like honestly if we're able to catch legends they still gonna be common af if we can continuously breed them. The chinese will stop everything and just go for the egg hunt. One guy above commented he thought that hordes killed the shiny market, in a way that's true but last time I checked starters and rares do not appear in hordes and the entire server is filled with em.

Edit: For those mentioning the supply and demand card, how come there are hundreds of reaper vanities and they selling at 10 mil for black and 15 mil for red already lmfao. I bought loads of em at 4 mil each and they worth 3 times in value in like 2-3 months. System is fcked xD.

Edited by Goku

Just now, suigin said:

No, this should be the only way to get shinies, I thought hordes were the shiny market killer?

Horde shinies lower their own value significantly but are desired for shiny breeding.

Not many have the patience of spending 3-5 times as long, doing single encounters, which would discourage shiny hunting.

Some horde shinies still hold a decent amount of value.

As some of you already pointed out correctly, the shiny value has a lot to do with the taste of the majority of players (now asians).

Shinies are no longer a secure investment since they are not limited in numbers.

16 minutes ago, JLxKaos said:

How is that good though? Its just sad that people couldnt even get their desired shiny even putting a lot of effort into it

I might think biased due to being an ancient player from 2013 who has experienced so many different stages of the game.

From catch MMO, Altering Cave, single encounter hunting...

In my point of view, having a 100% encounter rate on every breedble Pokémon takes away the thrill of hunting and seems too easy (compared to finding that 5% encounter rate Pokemon in shiny). Single encountering  a specific rare Pokémons is simply not worth it anymore since it takes much longer.

But if by keeping the game simpler will increase the satisfaction of the majority of the playerbase, then it's the right decision I guess.

However I have a different point of view.

Well being serious for once (what a miracle right?), I think that the damage is already done. Like @Goku said, there's already a billion rare shinies at this point, and even with these suggestions, some group of people will eventually prevail through with the shinies again. If any of these changes get implemented, there will be a massive overhaul of complaints yet again, and staff is already going through "the catch rate phase" and the "Where's mah HAs and dungeons at doh" phase. Without a huge update that would have to deal with the shinies that already exist out there or deal with obtaining them -- both of which would just cause massive drama and chaos within the game --, we are not getting this market back, I feel. I think that the way to go would be to actually focus on the difficulty of finding shiny legendaries when the dungeons eventually come out, because if those get inflated in quantity too easily like the Feebas craze, then the market would really be screwed here. On a side note, shinies aren't limited edition specialties like VanityMMOs (like that one guy I forgot who said) so uh, there's that.