Expansion Ticket for more friend slots & more ideas

Terresa

Question

I have already made the post in the wishlist thread but I'd like to hear about your opinion regarding shiny breeding.

Wishlist:

- reduce the cost of Scyther from the game corner to 4999$ so you can get 2 Scythers in one run 

- ingame list of all staff members who are currently online (if staff members want privacy, there should be an invisible option)

- expansion ticket of the number of friend slots available

- the name changer should be able to set back the name of a Pokémon to it's original (once the name of a shiny Pokémon has been changed, it will never display e.g. "Shiny Ninetails" again and if you name it "Shiny Ninetails", it looks dumb). 

- breeding should no longer give you the chance of hatching a shiny, unless you breed two shinies. This is a conversational topic but I feel that shinies - especially    rare shinies - should be kept special. The value of shinies is dropping significantly and the game has turned into vanityMMO.

1 hour ago, Terresa said:

I have already made the post in the wishlist thread but I'd like to hear about your opinion regarding shiny breeding.

Wishlist:

- reduce the cost of Scyther from the game corner to 4999$ so you can get 2 Scythers in one run 

- ingame list of all staff members who are currently online (if staff members want privacy, there should be an invisible option)

- expansion ticket of the number of friend slots available

- the name changer should be able to set back the name of a Pokémon to it's original (once the name of a shiny Pokémon has been changed, it will never display e.g. "Shiny Ninetails" again and if you name it "Shiny Ninetails", it looks dumb). 

- breeding should no longer give you the chance of hatching a shiny, unless you breed two shinies. This is a conversational topic but I feel that shinies - especially    rare shinies - should be kept special. The value of shinies is dropping significantly and the game has turned into vanityMMO.

I'm kind of glad people started realizing the vanityMMO issue. I gave my opinion about it numerous times and it was just swept under the carpet along with the shiny market. Unfortunately the value of numerous shinies will keep dropping until dungeons arrive and there is no guarantee for them to recover since there is an abundance of rares already.

Edited by Goku

God the torture it would be to hunt for the shiny version of your profile picture, you might as well buy the thing from GTL and still have it be possibly cheaper than hunting for it in the Game Corner lol. Honestly this might help the shiny market a bit but not as much as you would hope, in my opinion; because sweet scent horde spamming for shinies would still be a thing and we are already deep in the sand pits when it comes to the shiny market issue. Now if they ever pull a double whammy and made it impossible to shiny hunt via hordes on top of this (and probably remove the ability to sell shinies on GTL but that would be annoying), then maybe some progress can be made. But damn, I think if the breeding part of this gets implemented, shiny hunting for Porygon is going to be straight up cruel and overkill. IMO on all of this, ofc

Edited by Guest

The game turned into VanityMMO, not because of hatched shinies, but because it's the only reliable way of 'hoarding' money currently.

Shinies would have remain the same value if people were interested in them, supply and demand scenario. But people started to realize different pixels don't mean that much. I'm against preventing players from doing that, only if they removed the porygon you hatched aswell(if you did), as you're the one suggesting, it's just unfair for every other person.

26 minutes ago, razimove said:

The game turned into VanityMMO, not because of hatched shinies, but because it's the only reliable way of 'hoarding' money currently.

Shinies would have remain the same value if people were interested in them, supply and demand scenario. But people started to realize different pixels don't mean that much. I'm against preventing players from doing that, only if they removed the porygon you hatched aswell(if you did), as you're the one suggesting, it's just unfair for every other person.

The game turned into VanityMMO because of the Shinies being now more common and easier to get than Vanities, thus why Vanities are now more desired than Shinies. Hatched Shinies is one of the reasons why their price dropped a lot, the other reason is the increase of new players, which means more Shinies found.

"But people started to realize different pixels don't mean that much" - That doesn't mean anything to me and doesn't have anything to do with the prices' drop, Vanities have the same purpose as Shinies.

Terresa didn't talk about the removal of the hatched Shinies, just that it wouldn't be possible to hatch a Shiny without breeding 2 Shinies anymore.

I actually think that Terresa's suggestion would help making rare Shinies somewhat valuable again, even though I don't think they would be as valuable as before since a lot of Rares are already around.

3 minutes ago, Aerun said:

The game turned into VanityMMO because of the Shinies being now more common and easier to get than Vanities, thus why Vanities are now more desired than Shinies. Hatched Shinies is one of the reasons why their price dropped a lot, the other reason is the increase of new players, which means more Shinies found.

"But people started to realize different pixels don't mean that much" - That doesn't mean anything to me and doesn't have anything to do with the prices' drop, Vanities have the same purpose as Shinies.

Terresa didn't talk about the removal of the hatched Shinies, just that it wouldn't be possible to hatch a Shiny without breeding 2 Shinies anymore.

I actually think that Terresa's suggestion would help making rare Shinies somewhat valuable again, even though I don't think they would be as valuable as before since a lot of Rares are already around.

On point.

4 minutes ago, Aerun said:

just that it wouldn't be possible to hatch a Shiny without breeding 2 Shinies anymore.

Exactly, do you think it's fair, everyone that hatched a charmander, gets to keep it, while you place all your efforts into getting one, and then they remove one viable method of you to obtain one? Not saying you are hatching aswell, I know you're not, but I don't really find it fair to the community, it's a bit of a hypocrite suggestion, especially coming from someone who abused said method to obtain a pory shiny. 

4 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Hatched Shinies is one of the reasons why their price dropped a lot, the other reason is the increase of new players, which means more Shinies found.

Lets be honest, the impact on the market was not that big, most of those shinies are kept in the chinese community, and barely someone gets one from them, as they trade in a separated forum/chat 'WeChat' I believe. People just lost interest in the shiny market, as it's unstable, like it was aswell previously EXCEPT, now 3 or 4 big whales, can't control the market, as the chinese in 1 year, became more rich than them in 5-7 years, meaning they are at the mercy of others now. 

TL;DR; I understand the need for a solution, yet the one provided, must be a joke.

Edited by razimove
triple posted for some reason

>gets shiny porygon

>breeding should no longer give you the chance of hatching a shiny, unless you breed two shinies

Yeah, hard downvote on that idea.

Shiny rate is fair and at the moment the means to get a shiny is fair for everyone too.

I like the Friendlist expansion ticket idea, could be a RP item, more $$$ for DEVs, and more friends for us without deleting our dead ones.

9 minutes ago, razimove said:

Exactly, do you think it's fair, everyone that hatched a charmander, gets to keep it, while you place all your efforts into getting one, and then they remove one viable method of you to obtain one? Not saying you are hatching aswell, I know you're not, but I don't really find it fair to the community, it's a bit of a hypocrite suggestion, especially coming from someone who abused said method to obtain a pory shiny. 

Lets be honest, the impact on the market was not that big, most of those shinies are kept in the chinese community, and barely someone gets one from them, as they trade in a separated forum/chat 'WeChat' I believe. People just lost interest in the shiny market, as it's unstable, like it was aswell previously EXCEPT, now 3 or 4 big whales, can't control the market, as the chinese in 1 year, became more rich than them in 5-7 years, meaning they are at the mercy of others now. 

TL;DR; I understand the need for a solution, yet the one provided, must be a joke.

Ermmm get your facts straight. She never hatched a shiny pory.

3 hours ago, Terresa said:

I have been saying exactly the same thing, The way things are now any shiny that can be bred like this is pretty much the same value as there all the same 'rarity', and ultra rares are kinda in limbo around 100m atm which is not really that hard to achieve considering the rate which vanity prices increase & the berry farming methodsxAlts.

i mean come on hatching a shiny charizard is like hunting a shiny slugma. 100% guarantee that your going to get it. It has put me off shinys which for me is a big part of pokemon, much more than vanitys are for sure.

& people that complain about not being able to guarantee getting an ultra rare shiny that they want... It should have never been this easy in the first place. It kills the whole point of shinys / mmo , There supposed to be rare not common :/ D;

3 hours ago, Terresa said:

Also agree on this ahah i have always avoided shiny's with nametags xD as soon as one gets name-tagged its ruined imo

Edit - Ill give you your first upvote.. this thread is gonna attract a lot of opinions i think lol

Edited by Flareonn
Just now, razimove said:

and didn't she buy a shitton of dittos to abuse it? :) I remember selling some. 

Ain't nothing wrong with trying to hatch your dream ot man, but at the time she was doing it, it wasn't such a big issue until it came to her attention recently. 

Just now, Goku said:

Ain't nothing wrong with trying to hatch your dream ot man, but at the time she was doing it, it wasn't such a big issue until it came to her attention recently. 

But this isn't even the tip of the iceberg my dude. Shiny hatching has impact on the market? Sure. Now answer me this:

Why did players lose interest in shinies?
Why do high tier shinies remain with a stable value, they lost value ok, but yet their value remains stable.
With all this, and the hatching issue, why is it, that if I really wanted to buy lets say a rare one, chikorita, I'd have to be at @JLxKaos mercy, and pay any price he decides? SUPPLY AND DEMAND RULE. once again. If there's no interest by the community, prices will drop. That simple.

17 minutes ago, razimove said:

if I really wanted to buy lets say a rare one, chikorita

Thats the issue, Why would you wanna buy one when you could hatch one for 100 x cheaper than someone will try and get out of you.

& if Chikorita was as desired as something like a Charizard, Chiko would be pretty common too cause everyone would of hatched it already like the zards.

i personally think the only intrest by the community nowdays is for sheer resale value if they see someone fed up of trying to sell there rare shiny and let it go for peanuts

Edited by Flareonn
22 minutes ago, Goku said:

She never hatched a shiny pory.

Does not change the fact that this move will be selfish asf since many have hatched / acquired rare shinys already through breeding.

Implementing this move would be unfair to rest of the playerbase, and if hatched ones were to be deleted to make it fair, that would be stupid too cause those who have hatched shinys through breeding spent millions of pokeyen and tons of irl hours in it. It is no easy or fun task hunting a shiny through breeding.

14 minutes ago, Goku said:

it wasn't such a big issue until it came to her attention recently. 

'big issue' ? This ain't a big issue at all. The specific suggestion of not allowing non shinys the 1/30k fair chance of breeding a shiny baby does not benefit the economy or the players, it is only beneficial to the select few who already have it. And the argument comparing shiny prices against Vanity is stupid asf since the only vanities which rise in price are 'Time Limited' and other exclusive ones, shinys were never supposed to be time limited and are bound to increase in numbers and drop in price. And even that argument is not applicable to ultra rare & desired shinys like Porygon, Fossil ones, Charizard, etc no matter how many new join the server... they were costly before and still are. And if somehow they were to drop in prices in future, then that's that... But I doubt they will drop in value, cause if their numbers increase, so does the number of active players in the playerbase. Economy evolves, best to make wise investments and go along with it. 

6 minutes ago, Flareonn said:

Thats the issue, Why would you wanna buy one when you could hatch one for 100 x cheaper than someone will try and get out of you

Are you guys actually saying this with a straight face ? Monetary value of millions aside invested in Dittos and pokeballs etc... Do you know how much time consuming it is to actually hatch a shiny through breeding... Takes months / years at times and with no guarantee of actually getting it. Jeez.  Hell if someone goes down that path of craziness, it is totally fair game.

Edited by Akshit
6 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Does not change the fact that this move will be selfish asf since many have hatched / acquired rare shinys already through breeding.

Implementing this move would be unfair to rest of the playerbase, and if hatched ones were to be deleted to make it fair, that would be stupid too cause those who have hatched shinys through breeding spent millions of pokeyen and tons of irl hours in it. It is no easy or fun task hunting a shiny through breeding.

'big issue' ? This ain't a big issue at all. The specific suggestion of not allowing non shinys the 1/30k fair chance of breeding a shiny baby does not benefit the economy or the players, it is only beneficial to the select few who already have it. And the argument comparing shiny prices against Vanity is stupid asf since the only vanities which rise in price are 'Time Limited' and other exclusive ones, shinys were never supposed to be time limited and are bound to increase in numbers and drop in price. And even that argument is not applicable to ultra rare & desired shinys like Porygon, Fossil ones, Charizard, etc no matter how many new join the server... they were costly before and still are. And if somehow they were to drop in prices in future, then that's that... But I doubt they will drop in value, cause if their numbers increase, so does the number of active players in the playerbase. Economy evolves, best to make wise investments and go along with it. 

Are you guys actually saying this with a straight face ? Monetary value of millions aside invested in Dittos and pokeballs etc... Do you know how much time consuming it is to actually hatch a shiny through breeding... Takes months / years at times and with no guarantee of actually getting it. Jeez.  Hell if someone goes down that path of craziness, it is totally fair game.

I believe @awkways can vouch for the last paragraph. I remember seeing him sitting breeding for months.

17 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Relax theres no need to get all pissy, 

when you say it like that it sounds like a lot but come on bro... dittos and pokeballs? there cheap af. You got people doing berry farm runs on multiple alt accounts making 11m a week.

yeah could take months years could also take a week or 2 or maybe a day depending on your luck lol and this done a massive scale like it has been recently is whats killed the desire of them - you guys talking about a few cases of dedicated shiny breeders that have not had there luck yet, you got many others that hatch rares in the space of a week too lol

Edited by Flareonn

Hatching shinies is honestly whats effecting the amount of shinies on the market the least, the reason you see so many hatched shinies is because you have a guaranteed shiny hatch when you breed 2 other shinies together.  Breeding isn't whats spewing them all out its sweet scenting.   That said, I personally don't mind prices dropping, I was not a fan of the get more lucky than the other guy next to you and win the lottery dynamic they had going on with them.  Theres less of a gap between effort and luck now.

13 minutes ago, Munya said:

Hatching shinies is honestly whats effecting the amount of shinies on the market the least, the reason you see so many hatched shinies is because you have a guaranteed shiny hatch when you breed 2 other shinies together.  Breeding isn't whats spewing them all out its sweet scenting.   That said, I personally don't mind prices dropping, I was not a fan of the get more lucky than the other guy next to you and win the lottery dynamic they had going on with them.  Theres less of a gap between effort and luck now.

i think we were talking about specifically the ultra rares hatched via breeding 2 non shinys together

maybe i misunderstand? D;

Edited by Flareonn
3 minutes ago, Munya said:

I would say the 'chinese invasion' that probably tripled the player base is at fault, not the mechanic, the mechanic was there last year too, and even in years previous to that. 

14 minutes ago, razimove said:

I would say the 'chinese invasion' that probably tripled the player base is at fault, not the mechanic, the mechanic was there last year too, and even in years previous to that. 

agreed i kinda didn't wanna say it to be honest. But if you think about it this 1/30K rate was before the playbase got so much more bigger. I saw the market get rekt when they came and rares being listed for 300k on gtl everyday, but a part of me put it down to botting. It seems to have calmed down a lot compared to then

24 minutes ago, Aerun said:

I am very much aware that the economy will never be the same as it used to be (2012 - 2017). The supply of shinies is much higher then the demand and since they are not limited, it's hardly a reliable investment.

Yes, limited vanity offer security for storing and increasing wealth, that is perfectly fine too.

But in my point of view, this is getting out of control. Players buy 10 - 50 limited vanity, wait a couple of months/ years and have hundreds of millions (pay to win).

They might as well offer 1000RP = 4,000,000$ , in the Shop, hardly makes a difference.

Shinies are no longer as significant. Back in the days, 2-4 rare shinies were found each month.

Now 2-4 get found each day. I have spoked to a couple of chinese players who hatch 5 boxes of eggs a day and have numerous ultra rare shinies (hard work pays off, fair enough).

But the economy of the shiny market - especially for ultra rare - gets increasingly less significantly.

In order to keep rare shinies special, they should really think of making it harder to obtain them.

A step in the right direction was to change the catch rate of Dittos, making it more expensive to breed shittos with rares.

However that hardly made an impact so far.

This is only my opinion: i favouring the change in the breeding system, that a shitto with a non shiny can no longer turn out to be shiny (breeding a shiny with shiny will of course result in a shiny).

Coming from a shiny collector from myself, I understand that some might feel that this thought is releated to personal interests.

But I feel this issue needs to be addressed in one way or another, to keep ultra rare shinies as special as possible and not a mass-produced product.

And no, I did not hatch the shiny Porygon, I got it off a chinese who hatches ultra rares shinies at a monthly rate.

12 minutes ago, Terresa said:

I am very much aware that the economy will never be the same as it used to be (2012 - 2017). The supply of shinies is much higher then the demand and since they are not limited, it's hardly a reliable investment.

Yes, limited vanity offer security for storing and increasing wealth, that is perfectly fine too.

But in my point of view, this is getting out of control. Players buy 10 - 50 limited vanity, wait a couple of months/ years and have hundreds of millions (pay to win).

They might as well offer 1000RP = 4,000,000$ , in the Shop, hardly makes a difference.

Shinies are no longer as significant. Back in the days, 2-4 rare shinies were found each month.

Now 2-4 get found each day. I have spoked to a couple of chinese players who hatch 5 boxes of eggs a day and have numerous ultra rare shinies (hard work pays off, fair enough).

But the economy of the shiny market - especially for ultra rare - gets increasingly less significantly.

In order to keep rare shinies special, they should really think of making it harder to obtain them.

A step in the right direction was to change the catch rate of Dittos, making it more expensive to breed shittos with rares.

This is only my opinion: i favouring the change in the breeding system, that a shitto with a non shiny can no longer turn out to be shiny (breeding a shiny with shiny will of course result in a shiny).

Coming from a shiny collector from myself, I understand that some might feel that this thought is releated to personal interests.

But I feel this issue needs to be addressed in one way or another, to keep ultra rare shinies as special as possible and not a mass-produced product.

And no, I did not hatch the shiny Porygon, I got it off a chinese who hatches ultra rares shinies at a monthly rate.

Agree 100%..

54 minutes ago, razimove said:

Exactly, do you think it's fair, everyone that hatched a charmander, gets to keep it, while you place all your efforts into getting one, and then they remove one viable method of you to obtain one?

There have been enough examples where the developers made change, even though it hurt a lot of players wealth.

E.g. changes in genderless breeding, introducing hordes (rip shiny Growlithe 80m) or hidden power...

This is just how the game works, not everyone can benefit off changes.

30 minutes ago, Flareonn said:

Relax theres no need to get all pissy

Just being factual, not pissy.

Aren't you the guy who had a hard time selling his Shiny Flareon or something ? Yeah, I wonder who is actually pissed here.

when you say it like that it sounds like a lot but come on bro... dittos and pokeballs? there cheap af. 

Given you are going to be needing thousands, it is not. 

You got people doing berry farm runs on multiple alt accounts making 11m a week.

Someone who is truly dedicated to hunting shiny through breeding does not usually get the time for that, and this is totally unrelated topic too.

yeah could take months years could also take a week or 2 or maybe a day depending on your luck lol

Very few get lucky like that, most hunters end up spending 100s and 1000s of irl hours into it before getting actual result.

this done a massive scale like it has been recently is whats killed the desire of them

Killed the desire ? They are still very much desired and costly (maybe even costlier).

The ultra rare ones are always gonna be desired. It is one of the main reasons many hunt them through breeding... And mind you, there is NO GUARANTEE of return on investment.

And even though yes the millions invested could be cheaper than the original amount of market value of shiny bred in most case. But if they had just used all that time, let's say planting and selling berries, they could have just bought multiple of those shinys given how you yourself said one can be making more than 10s of millions per week. From that logic just farming money and buying one is much more easier than actually trying to breed hunt one. But people want to go that extra mile to get an OT one at times or have collected enough funds to go try their luck with that. It is totally fair asf.

And knock knock, while yes most shinys are not worth much now it is due to this:

23 minutes ago, Munya said:

Hatching shinies is honestly whats effecting the amount of shinies on the market the least, the reason you see so many hatched shinies is because you have a guaranteed shiny hatch when you breed 2 other shinies together.  Breeding isn't whats spewing them all out its sweet scenting.

Ultra rares and ultra desired are still worth ultra amounts of cash. Just because there are many people with 100s of millions being able to afford shinys easily now does not mean it the same for most of the playerbase and from a general perspective, these shinys are still very much costly and fairly priced, and fair is the means to acquire them too.

11 minutes ago, Terresa said:

In order to keep rare shinies special

They are still SPECIAL !! lol

11 minutes ago, Terresa said:

they should really think of making it harder to obtain them.

No they should not.

It is not a step in the right direction as explained in the aforestated reasons.

It did make an impact, a lot of poorer players gave up on it, and many do not even bother with it.. but you wouldn't know about it since you hang out with rich folks like yourself and know bunch of no-lifers who just constant hunt shinys through breeding. Only a few get lucky with it tbh, many more just are still doing it with no results so far. You are only talking about the ones who got lucky, there many more who didn't... It is not a big issue at all.

Tbh we can argue more about it but I doubt DEVs will ever implement a stupid and unfair suggestion as this, shiny hunting through breeding is a big money and an even bigger time sink, and that is beneficial to the game.

Edited by Akshit