Competitive Random Battles? Ranked/Unranked/Tournaments

Flareonn

Question

Has this ever been considered?

I'm sure most people are familiar with what i am talking about but will try and explain the best i can for those that don't.

i am suggesting a new comeptetive mode besides the regular OU/UU/NU etc where you do not need any pokemon yourself to enter.

- you are given a team of 6 random pokemon to fight against your opponent who also has been given a set of 6 random pokemon (tiers still apply to keep things fair)

The pokemon can be similiar to the Battle Tent in Hoenn, (random iv/ev/item) Or could be godly comps - 6x31 iv's - EV'D/Natured with a 'decent' moveset/item dependant on the pokemons movepool/base stats.

What are you opinions on this comp players?

For me i do not play comp because i feel it is too predictable and not fun but if this was an option i would play it for sure.

Just an idea, feel free to add or change things to make it better

5 answers to this question

I like the idea. Think it'll be cool to see this happening. It would give new players who can't afford decent comps yet also a chance of participating and a retrospect of what tier / comps they would like to invest in, especially in the future.

Was already suggested multiple times and every time I'd upvote it, it maybe isn't the most "fair" format but it surely is entertaining. We could also possibly use this "format" to fill the pokedex with the legendary pokemon entries, although I do see a huge amount of work before this format would be implemented- lots of pokemons to throw into pool with different sets and items, then we'd again have to balance out with levels (because I don't imagine a level 50 raticate taking on a level 50 rayquaza- level 65 raticate vs level 50 rayquaza sounds more like it).

All up for it

Edited by RysPicz
I embarris.