Racism & Staff Rules

This thread is to discuss about the alarming issue of racism in our community.

What is racism ? Do you think you are a racist ? You might ask yourself these questions and you probably think you know the answers but do you really ? Or do you actually have to be a part of a race to know what people from a specific race consider racism against them. 

We currently have a black brother banned and muted for saying a word which is commonly used by people of their race, hell it is even trending in most of our mainstream songs on billboard, in mainstream movies, etc. P.S. This thread is not to throw shit at members of staff and other members of the community, and this is not an appeal thread against any ban or against staff abusing power either.

This thread is simply to interact with each other (member and staff alike) so that we can better understand what is acceptable now and what isn't. Cause recently this gap of communication has cost a lot of my friends & other respective members of community their own power to speak up. We need to understand the line between what is a joke and what is actual racism. And what are the new rules which are pertaining to that, cause if one can get muted or banned now just for saying 'N' or 'F', I think we need to know these things before actually making the mistake of doing something which we think is a harmless comment but in reality is a strong act of racism. I hope we can get some positive interaction from staff team in this matter too, and from the community.

And hopefully, we can get more people from different races & languages volunteer to join staff too so the community can be better managed when it comes to delicate matters such as this.

Peace.

I don't think that Say the N Word is racist, maybe If the staff say that is racist is because they áre racist.

Anyway the Will mute eveything that try to go againist them 'cause they are not tolerant guys, they abuse the poder that they have, hopefully they gonna warm us of give 1 point 'cause de are trying to give a clear opinion about their intolerance and rascist aptitude, good night.

8 minutes ago, Akshit said:

This thread is to discuss about the alarming issue of racism in our community.

What is racism ? Do you think you are a racist ? You might ask yourself these questions and you probably think you know the answers but do you really ? Or do you actually have to be a part of a race to know what people from a specific race consider racism against them. 

We currently have a black brother banned and muted for saying a word which is commonly used by people of their race, hell it is even trending in most of our mainstream songs on billboard, in mainstream movies, etc. P.S. This thread is not to throw shit at members of staff and other members of the community, and this is not an appeal thread against any ban or against staff abusing power either.

This thread is simply to interact with each other (member and staff alike) so that we can better understand what is acceptable now and what isn't. Cause recently this gap of communication has cost a lot of my friends & other respective members of community their own power to speak up. We need to understand the line between what is a joke and what is actual racism. And what are the new rules which are pertaining to that, cause if one can get muted or banned now just for saying 'N' or 'F', I think we need to know these things before actually making the mistake of doing something which we think is a harmless comment but in reality is a strong act of racism. I hope we can get some positive interaction from staff team in this matter too, and from the community.

And hopefully, we can get more people from different races & languages volunteer to join staff too so the community can be better managed when it comes to delicate matters such as this.

Peace.

They should just reveal the staff muting left right and center cuz I can guarantee you it's the same member. Abusing his power for jack shit.

Racism is a very touchy subject on most online game platforms. Also given the increased usage of the said word in pop culture nowadays, even a 12 yo with no historical knowledge can decide to say whatever it comes to his mind.
Since i too had experience with moderation before, i can safely say that no racial slurs are or should be allowed under any circumstances, wether the said person is from said racial group, one of the reasons being that you cant really tell who is sitting behind that monitor or the person in question actually has ill intend to degrade a certain ethnic group, which falls under profiling your players and thats a no-no. Other reason being one racial slur can effect or insult that whole ethnic group, hence why being a taboo in most cases. 
In cases such as avoiding a filter to use the word itself and by doing so dwell in the grey areas, the intend needs to be the deciding factor, a minor troll can be overlooked but fiddling with racial stereotypes or slurs just to say that word, despite the clear evidence of where staff draw the line on what is overlook and what isn't, i find it relatively disrespectful and pushing their own luck. 

7 minutes ago, sweendogforums said:

Please don't label that disgrace of a country with anything closely related to a virtue, ty.

ok, let me put it this way. If you go to North korea and shittalk kim jong un and then cry "freedom of speech" you gonna lose your head anyway. Just because you think you have a freedom of speech in your everyday life, you dont get to excercise it in places where there are certain rules in place or your intentions are harmfull or disrespectful.

I do believe that offence is taken, not given. But. Why would you even use words that have no other purpose but to possibly offend, if anything? Also, no one can know what your ethnicity is online so you can't really make the argument online that "some people can use a word without problems" because no one actually knows who the fuck is behind that in-game name. And why would the staff need to allow words in their platform that are nothing but controversial in their nature? I know the staff can be a little trigger happy with the mute button but arguing that these kinds of words should be fine in a public discussion channel is just ridiculous, just stahp guys.

Also top kek @ freedom speech means you can say whatever you want... literally nowhere is this the case.

17 minutes ago, sweendogforums said:

People will always try to justify their own existence no matter how meaningless or insignificant it is.

If you get offended by words you're nothing more than an offense to the gene pool (imo)

Dont we have block buttons for a reason??

If you actually think you have racial superiority it is a reflection of your own intelligence.

Banning someone over saying a word no matter how derogatory it is is borderline against freedom of speech and tyrannical in nature.

Fuck you, your families, your pets each one of your teams who are reading this, your hopes, dreams and futures. -sween (love u all) <3

Freedom of speech ends with hate speech, there's a thin line between the two, the staff aren't trained in law, they don't have knowledge of precident not do they have an insight into the individuals intent or motivation. All they can do is try be consistant with their rulings and try keep the chat appropriate for everyone so that people dont feel attacked or unwelcome when they play this game. I understand that this may seem soft or laughable to many, but try understand that a lot of the community who play this game are young, and may not be equipped with the same mental fortitutde to realise "hey calling everyone the n word isnt the best idea". You're response that of "If you get offended by words you're nothing more than an offense to the gene pool (imo)" makes me cringe too hard tbh. Of course people can be insulted by words, we are by our very nature emotional beings, as such words can have a heavy influence on our psychology, especially if the words are reaffirmations of discriminatory things that have been infused into society at large. 

tl;dr Staff aren't lawyers, but they have to be consistent and try help create environment where everyone is welcome and feel safe.

13 minutes ago, Goku said:

Calling someone racist is racist

Edit: seriously that word is abused 

Yo, shut up, you're from South Africa right? You're actually insane if you are this nonchalant about racism, and the impact of racism. Keep your eyes open if you want to see the impact racism has had on our country, those wounds ain't mending themselves any time soon. Especially if people continue sprouting this kind of trash.

4 minutes ago, Malorne said:

ok, let me put it this way. If you go to North korea and shittalk kim jong un and then cry "freedom of speech" you gonna lose your head anyway. Just because you think you have a freedom of speech in your everyday life, you dont get to excercise it in places where there are certain rules in place or your intentions are harmfull or disrespectful.

I sense a superiority complex; the desire to be right will cause you to fall short more often than not. Oppression should be opposed as ironic as that statement is, it's something someone with an innate desire to control the world around them can't understand. Racism exists hate to  break it to ya it's outside of resources probably the second reason war happens, behind a keyboard thousands of miles away from other people, you aren't exactly at a considerable amount of threat from a low I.Q individual. Why would someone go to North Korea and shit talk kim jong lol I'm on a pokemmo with rational logical beings not in a war torn militant state ... so I presume, surely they can judge the difference between bullying and a joke.

2 minutes ago, sweendogforums said:

I sense a superiority complex; the desire to be right will cause you to fall short more often than not. Oppression should be opposed as ironic as that statement is, it's something someone with an innate desire to control the world around them can't understand. Racism exists hate to  break it to ya it's outside of resources probably the second reason war happens, behind a keyboard thousands of miles away from other people, you aren't exactly at a considerable amount of threat from a low I.Q individual. Why would someone go to North Korea and shit talk kim jong lol I'm on a pokemmo with rational logical beings not in a war torn militant state ... so I presume, surely they can judge the difference between bullying and a joke.

If thats the meaning you got from that example, further explanation is a waste of time. My advice is, dont talk about stuff you do not comprehend.

15 minutes ago, Havsha said:

Freedom of speech ends with hate speech, there's a thin line between the two, the staff aren't trained in law, they don't have knowledge of precident not do they have an insight into the individuals intent or motivation. All they can do is try be consistant with their rulings and try keep the chat appropriate for everyone so that people dont feel attacked or unwelcome when they play this game. I understand that this may seem soft or laughable to many, but try understand that a lot of the community who play this game are young, and may not be equipped with the same mental fortitutde to realise "hey calling everyone the n word isnt the best idea". You're response that of "If you get offended by words you're nothing more than an offense to the gene pool (imo)" makes me cringe too hard tbh. Of course people can be insulted by words, we are by our very nature emotional beings, as such words can have a heavy influence on our psychology, especially if the words are reaffirmations of discriminatory things that have been infused into society at large. 

tl;dr Staff aren't lawyers, but they have to be consistent and try help create environment where everyone is welcome and feel safe.

Yo, shut up, you're from South Africa right? You're actually insane if you are this nonchalant about racism, and the impact of racism. Keep your eyes open if you want to see the impact racism has had on our country, those wounds ain't mending themselves any time soon. Especially if people continue sprouting this kind of trash.

Yeh gave us a shitty government after 1994 and now our country is fcked and we on the recieving end of dirt. Don't you tell me shit.

Edit: close this thread cuz it's only gonna heat up fairly quickly and we don't need that shit on forums.

Edited by Goku
2 minutes ago, Goku said:

Yeh gave us a shitty government after 1994 and now our country is fcked and we on the recieving end of dirt. Don't you tell me shit.

I'm not here to defend any corruption (cause lul guptas), but I assume you've studied the bare minimum of South Africa history to understand that a vast amount of the problems we are facing today emerge from the previous apartheid government(such as education, the huge disparity between rich and poor, etc) or from colonial times. These problems need to be addressed even if they aren't particularly popular for everyone. If you believe that the problems would solve themselves without governmental policies that leave us "on the receiving end of dirt" I would love to hear the solution. Though that all being said I'm not trying to say our political sphere atm is totally innocent, just that a lot (If not the majority) of the major issues we are facing have emerged from our country's history of racism.

13 minutes ago, Havsha said:

are young, and may not be equipped with the same mental fortitutde to realise "hey calling everyone the n word isnt the best idea". You're response that of "If you get offended by words you're nothing more than an offense to the gene pool (imo)" makes me cringe too hard tbh. Of course people can be insulted by words, we are by our very nature emotional beings, as such words can have a heavy influence on our psychology, especially if the words are reaffirmations of discriminatory things that have been infused into society at large. 

Top kek isn't there a basic age for this game and speech filters?? Maybe you should open your eyes to the real world son, if you can't laugh in the face of adversity prepare for life to bring it upon you. I call you some names you call me some names and we all have a laugh and get over it. Nobody retaliates unnecessarily that's how things escalate to war, people giving in to their ego and begin thinking their insufficient life actually matters.  You're literally a being on a blue rock floating around a big ball of fire in infinite space, you my friend are in denial of how funny everything is in life so what someone called someone some words, I find it funny actually cause you're kind of proving my point on the whole intellect points, stop being such a wetwipe. Reminds me of that south park episode safe space.

9 minutes ago, Havsha said:

I'm not here to defend any corruption (cause lul guptas), but I assume you've studied the bare minimum of South Africa history to understand that a vast amount of the problems we are facing today emerge from the previous apartheid government(such as education, the huge disparity between rich and poor, etc) or from colonial times. These problems need to be addressed even if they aren't particularly popular for everyone. If you believe that the problems would solve themselves without governmental policies that leave us "on the receiving end of dirt" I would love to hear the solution. Though that all being said I'm not trying to say our political sphere atm is totally innocent, just that a lot (If not the majority) of the major issues we are facing have emerged from our country's history of racism.

Jesus but this has escalated, anyone reading this shit? Yeh addressed by farmers being murdered and their land being stolen. Yeh sit down son you don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: Seriously though where is the staff with common sense? Close this thread already.

Edited by Goku

It is no secret to any of us that racism is a very controversial and delicate topic to speak about, specially in public chats. This isn't to say that we shouldn't talk about it, but rather avoid the false claims to begin with. It is a pretty common practice for rule breakers in this community to not take responsibility for their actions, and approaching the chat with messages such as:

n word x100

yes i have 10m now

guess the N word god bless me 10m

Will end up in a punishment.

If what's considered gray area is a compilation of messages which are explicitly trying to avoid rules while at the same time being pretty obvious about it, then please take into consideration that the nature of this kind of behavior is punishable, and i know this might sound like a broken record but the TOS are there for a reason. Be wary of what you say, and the best way to approach these situations is by taking responsibility of what's done and said.

Thanks a lot for your time and wish you a happy beginning of the year.