Catching rate system.

Just now, Darkshade said:

That's hardly surprising - it's not often that people complain about something that works in their favor.

so why the changes ? if everyone is happy , u guys still didn't give us a reasonable reason for it, that's the sad part. i'm quite active on forums and i never saw anyone talking about catch rate or balls before this last patch, but look now , everyone is making threads about it . u guys kinda started a bad situation for nothing.

4 minutes ago, xRdZiiiN said:

so why the changes ? if everyone is happy , u guys still didn't give us a reasonable reason for it, that's the sad part. i'm quite active on forums and i never saw anyone talking about catch rate or balls before this last patch, but look now , everyone is making threads about it . u guys kinda started a bad situation for nothing.

It has already been mentioned a couple of times around the forum. The changes were a part of bug fix, not a suggestion or any kind of "MMO mechanic". The catching mechanics were not working as intended earlier but now they work more closer as they are in the vanilla games now.

Are you talking about this?

"Fixed an issue where, in some cases, ball catch formulas would calculate incorrectly for low-end balls

• This primarily affected cases where status ailments and a large level disparity would allow guaranteed catches, instead of correctly scaling the formula. Other edge cases may have been affected."
4 hours ago, SneakyTeddi said:

"Fixed an issue where, in some cases, ball catch formulas would calculate incorrectly for low-end balls

• This primarily affected cases where status ailments and a large level disparity would allow guaranteed catches, instead of correctly scaling the formula. Other edge cases may have been affected."
5 hours ago, Munya said:

Its working as it should be, you were never meant to be able to catch everything in the game 100% of the time

12 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

I did catch calculations and find some pokemon that have 100% catch rate if I already caught them before using repeat ball. Those pokemon break out of repeat balls, even though I've caught them before. That's not supposed to happen.

Dude, are you even reading or just typing?

2 hours ago, Toupi said:

Dude, are you even reading or just typing?

I am. And my point still stands. There are some pokemon(Duskull, Vanillite, etc.) that have a 100% catch chance when you use a repeat ball on them(of course, assuming you've already caught at least one). On many occasions, I've thrown a repeat ball and they've broken out. That is not supposed to happen. If they're rebalancing low-tier balls, like the poke ball, great ball, and ultra ball, then yeah that's one thing. But the high-tier balls, like repeat ball, dusk ball, and quick ball, that's just not the way to go.