Put an item that acts as an exp. share and an everstone at the same time in the reward shop

Aard

Question

I haven't ever once been able to get something that I want as a prevolution to the correct level without missing the evolution cancel somewhere down the line.  As hard as a try, if I get the cancel right 14 times in a row, I'll inevitably get distracted since pokemmo is a multitasking game and miss it the 15th time.  Closest I got was I had a meowth at lvl 98 that I forgot to cancel.  The only solution for me right now is to pay someone else to not mess it up which they still have a high chance of messing it up.  Then its awkward because you have to specify beforehand you aren't paying them if they mess it up and then there's tension when the inevitable happens.  This has to be why blissey has higher usage than chansey in ou despite being objectively worse.  Its because no one can actually train a chansey to lvl 50 without it evolving on them.

Anyway, the amnesia brace is the precedent for an item like this.  The item would simply be identical to an exp. share but also prevent pokemon from evolving like an everstone.  Call it an evershare.

7 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Bubaili said:

If you are ready to pay for it, just put your Meowth in the day care and you wont have any troubles. It will lvl up without evolving.

Yeah, should've done that with meowth, but ev training is still near impossible.

Yeah, should've done that with meowth, but ev training is still near impossible.

Once the pokemon is lvl 100, you can train his EV without worrying about lvl up and evolution either with Macho Brace or Exp Share. I have done that with Meowth, Teddiursa, etc...

30 minutes ago, Bubaili said:

Once the pokemon is lvl 100, you can train his EV without worrying about lvl up and evolution either with Macho Brace or Exp Share. I have done that with Meowth, Teddiursa, etc...

Pokes are comp at lvl 50.  I'm not leveling chansey 50 extra times and dropping an extra 101k just to avoid evolving it.  I'll probably just make 6 or 7 comp blisseys and sell them until I get lucky enough to get a chansey to lvl 50 without evolving it.  Your strategy is only reasonable with farming pokes which can just be bought at lvl 100 with bad ivs pretty cheap anyway. 

Overall, its just kind of weird there's this time sensitive extreme threat in what is otherwise a leisurely farming game.

Edited by Aard