Goals for the Mayor of PokeMMO in 2019

Mayoral Public Survey  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How was my job performance for 2018?

• It was wonderful!
    • It was good.
    • It was alright.
    • Other (please specify)
  2. 2. Can I advertise my Roy Rogers News channel in the Mayor Bestfriends channel listing?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

I wish there were some mayoral duties a Mayor had to abide by so I could adequately judge your performance, is hard for me to rate how you did if there is no standard to compare to, also I would like to know when the next Mayor elections are.

I concur, Mayor Senile 2020

1 hour ago, Bilburt said:

I wish there were some mayoral duties a Mayor had to abide by so I could adequately judge your performance, is hard for me to rate how you did if there is no standard to compare to

You can compare it against our last Mayor, who was Riga, and he loved his people so much that he logged into their accounts to play the game for them.

1 hour ago, Bilburt said:

also I would like to know when the next Mayor elections are.

Yeah, can't wait to vote for Bestfriends again, I feel ya.

12 minutes ago, Akshit said:

You can compare it against our last Mayor, who was Riga, and he loved his people so much that he logged into their accounts to play the game for them.

Yeah, can't wait to vote for Bestfriends again, I feel ya.

Riga is not something I can consider a standard.

Furthermore Im only inquiring as to when the next vote is to be informed, not to degrade Bestfriends effort

47 minutes ago, Akshit said:

our last Mayor, who was Riga, and he loved his people so much that he logged into their accounts to play the game for them.

Man you on fire today xDD. Loving the forums right now

Wait, I thought mayor was a joke instead of a real position.  Is it just some guy with a youtube channel or is it more official?

1. My job performance

I didn't know your job was real and not a joke and I still don't know.  Besides that you did okay.

2. Can I advertise my Roy Rogers News channel on the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel listing?

You just advertised it anyway in this thread (which has more views than your channel) so you didn't care what we thought.

3. Should I change my studio location for the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel?

It looks like you film at home with some sort of 15 fps screen recorder.   By change location does that mean you got evicted and are asking to crash on someone's couch?

4. Any goal suggestions for 2019?

Goal suggestion is redundant.  Just say suggestion.

5. What topics I can cover next on the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel?

What mayor does and when they are elected.

6. (If I made an impact on you in game) How I helped in your in game endeavours.

If you think you're so great just say it.  It is a strategy that wins presidential elections so it will work for pokemmo mayor.  Don't ask other people to stroke your ego because it comes off         as weak.   

I have no idea on anything you've done as to increasing the game experiance for the avrage player that does not follow you nor read the forums and have never had an encounter with you of any sort. So i cant really answer any of your points but one of them.

4. My suggestion for a goal would be to make this come true:

I know it might be lowkey impossible(since no answer from devs bout this for years) but i been dreaming about this since i first saw this suggestion by @Akshit ♡_♡

I'm not gonna say that Mayor Bestfriends is without fault, and I believe that every elected official should be objectively criticized.

That being said, Bestfriends is actually very approachable!

It's easy enough to carry on a conversation with the guy, is what I'm saying.

Although his position may not be taken seriously by some, the fact is that he was elected by the the community to represent them, and he does have an earnest conviction for the role.

Honestly, the charm and appeal of the valiant Don Quixote is reflected in our Mayor.

The fact that he does take it so seriously is what makes the entire enterprise worth being a part of!

The fact that you're taking it so seriously, Aard, kinda defeats the purpose, you see?

My advice? Ride the high, and don't harsh the mellow. It's more fun to be on the inside of the situation.

When you denigrate it, you've missed the entire point!

I'd like to take a moment now to express my appreciation for our Mayor.

Watching his videos was one of my first impressions of this game, and meeting him in person was a down to Earth experience.

He spends a lot of time helping out fresh players that are only just commencing their journeys, many of which don't even play for more than a month or two.

It's a thankless job, but whether or not it's recognized by the majority of the community doesn't stop him from going out there and doing it.

He's out there giving hours to players that most wouldn't pay any mind. Players without a badge to their name!

I stand by my Mayor!

May he continue to serve the community in all that he does.

Serving the community that chose him to lead.

- Wüdenbachs

Vice Mayor of PokeMMO

You see how I told Aard not to take it seriously, and then proceeded to do just that?

That's where the funny is supposed to happen.

'The cringe' isn't real. It was literally manufactured to be perceived as cringey. That's how satire works.

It's a subtle commentary on Bestfriends himself, do you not see?!

That's where the funny is supposed to happen!

Edited by Wudenbachs

Okay so ermm since mayor is legit af shouldn't there be a sheriff? If so and there isn't shouldn't the mayor be the sheriff as well for the time being which would make him the Meriff? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A goal for 2019 would be to be an intermediate between the players (us) and the devs (the uguues) and pressure them so we get every damn dungeon, legendary and Hidden Ability there is to get.. oh and rotom and garchomp too thanks

Edited by FNTCZ
On 1/3/2019 at 11:31 AM, DoctorPBC said:

riga says that amanu is still banned form when riga last got on his account.

also @Bestfriends riga says he thinks you are doing a great job.

i personal think you are doing a ok job but should hold reelections once a year. if the people want to elect you again they will, but historically president for life's tend to go badly.

When can we start the draft of the Pokemmo constitution along with a judiciary system with multi-level courts, as eazydog said above these people can be paid with from GTL taxes. 

SirDusty for Pokemmo Supreme Court, I promise to up-hold our constitutional rights and values.