Restart Story Mode?

Flareonn

Question

An option to restart the story of each region so you can play through it again without creating a 600th alt account,

Maybe an NPC similar to the one at the port before you have completed a region it asks you if you want to start a new region and put all Pokemon in the PC with a warning.

Resetting a region would reset everything, all items, pokeballs, trainers level caps etc as if you were doing it for the first time again.

This would purely be for fun as its not like the old days where region runs were actually profitable anyway, It would also stop people from creating lots of random alt accounts when they are bored.

(not sure if anyone else does that apart from me) May also help with the data pruning devs have to do every once in a while.

3 answers to this question

Ya I do it from time to time.Will need to review my walkthrough guide and see if any items need updating so I will need to run the 3 regions.

So that's one reason why I do a story run.Last time I did a review was in October I think.

Edited by MightyBoxer

This would be very hard to pull off... VERY HARD.
Oh the amount of bugs I'm having "Vietnam flashbacks" about.

Oh no no no..
Worst come to worst it is easier to send all your valued things to an alt -> Delete a character -> Reclaim its name immediately* afterwards -> Send valued things back
(don't forget to send 1k with every item/pokemon sent)
*(not sure if this is possible, idk how they treat their databases)

All and all, this is too hard to implement.
Refreshing idea though. 

Why do you think it would be very hard to implement? Go through the save file and delete any region-specific stuff. Pokemon, items, and money are already saved across regions. I only play this because I can play with my friend and she likes restarting over and over again, but the game is vastly inferior prior to getting four badges. I'd like to be able to purchase items, pokemon, and TMs I want when I restart and that's not an option when starting a new file.