Extend [Link] Play

Voze

Question

I just wonder, if you guys can extend link play into  :

- Story; So, new players can link play with their link partner{friend/couple/stranger} (i know this one might be hard to implement)

- 2v2[4] Player Battle (PvP) ; Like pokemon XY Wi-fi Battle (might be new tier on pokemmo later, correct me if i'm wrong)

- Late game; For re-gym so we can do re-gym together with link partner

i know it's already implemented on the dungeon (including event dungeon), but these above is whole new

Something like this: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

loading.gif

Connecting into Link play . . . .

Edited by Voze

4 answers to this question

Taking duo gyms run to the next level. I'm all about this..
Would take some time to work on though.

One thing that hit my mind is that both link partners can talk to the gym leader at the same time.. and then the world ends.
So then only the leader would be able to interact with a gym leader.. and when doing so, there should be only one more link partner.

These things are possible side-tracks to what's to come, since they are already making dungeons and such.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:44 AM, Voze said:

I just wonder, if you guys can extend link play into  :

- Story; So, new players can link play with their link partner{friend/couple/stranger} (i know this one might be hard to implement)

- 2v2[4] Player Battle (PvP) ; Like pokemon XY Wi-fi Battle (might be new tier on pokemmo later, correct me if i'm wrong)

- Late game; For re-gym so we can do re-gym together with link partner

i know it's already implemented on the dungeon (including event dungeon), but these above is whole new

Something like this: 

Hide contents

Hide contents

loading.gif

Connecting into Link play . . . .

i guess the re-gym linking partner isnt that need since re gym is already really easy to deal with, and it also got many bug possibilities like what above stated, so i might not suggest to improve to that part such as "beat NPC together", except the whole like 'purpose of playing this game', for ex. battle tower and doubles-link tournaments, or maybe even duo-Elite4 link battle (i think about the mechanics probably we will just put it to 2v2 battles with 3maximum pkmns each users like BF?).

to respond this suggestion above:

instead of 'battling side-by-side' along the storyline, or even to answer 'the buggy whos the lead? thing'..., it might deal with several bugs and wouldve end in stuck for month-by-month. so i suggest the alternate. the battle Link system for regular NPC battles does share the exp that obtained from any each link member battles, like exp. share item doe, but its in link, any link member that defeat a trainer or wild pokemon, and get exp from them, the other link teammates also get amount of exp (only the lead pokemon) with the maximum of exp gain is halfed  or 75% (depends on decision) of total regular exp gained. and also, this ONLY can be applied while the members of link is in nearby (mean if you are in route 1, your teammates is also shud be in route 1, other side, the link benefit wont apply).