Increase box name length

Damian

Question

Currently the limit for box names is only 6 characters. In the main series games, I like to assemble a "living Pokedex"; that is, fill my boxes with every pokemon in numerical Pokedex order. To organise this, I name my boxes things such as "1-30", "31-60" etc.

However, due to the character limit in PokeMMO, two 3-digit numbers separated by a hyphen (eg 121-180) is too long to fit in the name of the box. This makes my names look awkward (121-18).

I feel that the limit to 6 characters is unnecessarily restrictive and that this limit should be raised to at least 10 characters. This change is simple and small and will not affect the overwhelming majority of users, including those who wish to keep their box tabs compact by giving them small or short names. However, it is a good quality of life improvement for those who need it.

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, MoxPeanut said:

I feel that the limit to 6 characters is unnecessarily restrictive and that this limit should be raised to at least 10 characters. 

I'm so with this.

I got sad when i could not name my box "ProjectBox", hell i coud'nt even name it "Project" :( so it ended up as "Pr-Box" which looks stoopid :/

It is a client side thing.. so I think it is do-able.

Might cause a tiny problem here or there but it is saved to a data file next to the client attached to an account id if I'm not wrong.
I really have many words that I'd rather not abbreviate every time I want to use as a box name.