Ditto Catching

Why did they make it so Ultra Balls can fail on spored 1 hp ditto? It's very frustrating and was one of my only ways to make decent money, took me a while to get a full box too WITH ULTRAS so I feel it was totally fair that way, Tried getting a box with 99 pokeballs and can already tell Id need to buy more to complete it. Someone recommended repeat balls but i dont know where they sell other than GTL AND I don't want to have to do that when I've been fine with ultras for months, also they wont even be guaranteed catch still? 

Repeat Balls can be found inside the Unova Mall before Opelucid City. A guy on the second floor to the left sells them. But yeah, no guaranteed catch still, so I feel where you're coming from.

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, awkways said:

If you calc the catch rate, repeat and dusk at least should be 100% (especially considering how expensive they are), but obviously still fail here and there. Friend of mine submitted a bug report about this and they were told that it was intentional "to better fit a MMO environment'...

Guess I'm going to try out repeat balls today see you later buddy xD

Repeat ball and Dusk Ball have 3x catch bonus. Adding sleep which is 2x catch bonus. Ditto has 35 catch rate. So according to the math: 35X2X3 = 210/255 = 0.82.

That means 82% catch rate if we refer to the official game. This may be wrong since repeat and sleep got buffed by 0.5 each which gives: 35X2.5X3.5 = 306.25/255 = 1.20 (120%).

If someone can confirm if those balls fails or not would be great.

Source: Bulbapedia

2 minutes ago, theboyscout said:

Repeat ball and Dusk Ball have 3x catch bonus. Adding sleep which is 2x catch bonus. Ditto has 35 catch rate. So according to the math: 35X2X3 = 210/255 = 0.82.

That means 82% catch rate if we refer to the official game. This may be wrong since repeat and sleep got buffed by 0.5 each which gives: 35X2.5X3.5 = 306.25/255 = 1.20 (120%).

its not the same as official games

Edited by JLxKaos

2 hours ago, JayGray said:

Why did they make it so Ultra Balls can fail on spored 1 hp ditto? 

a wild guess, one reason could be to slow people @awkways down on hatching ultra rare shiny pokemon. Thus restoring there worth and desirability in the game...(slightly). Ultimately it makes you play the game for longer which i think is what they mean when awkways was told >

1 hour ago, awkways said:

"to better fit a MMO environment'...

;3

Could also be a conspiracy to keep the @Aerun Charmander meme going for as long as possible

Edited by Flareonn
oops
7 minutes ago, JLxKaos said:

its not the same as official games

What do you mean? If you want another example try catching whismur with a pokeball, it will pop out(while before 25/12/18 it wasn't). Whismur has 190 catch rate and pokeball 1x bonus catch. Math: 190X1=190/255 = 0.75 (75%).

Just saying though, don't wanna argue. The devs may keep this from us or whatever.

Have fun ^^

Edited by theboyscout
13 minutes ago, theboyscout said:

What do you mean?

Have fun ^^

He means this game (PokeMMO) does not work the same as the official games, Lots of rates like these are altered to better suit an MMO. So while it may have been changed recently, it was not official to begin with

E.G - The shiny rate is fair

Edited by Flareonn
Spelling

Why did they make it so Ultra Balls can fail on spored 1 hp ditto?

hey ur right they changed something.I played in a ditto catching event not long ago and did not fail to catch a ditto with 1hp spore.Even tho some people said its 99% catch rate and sometimes it could fail.I guess I was just lucky it always worked for me all the time.

I just tried to catch ditto with 1hp spore and it failed 3 times in the same wild ditto.There was indeed some sort of change.

The last update logs says this.

Fixed an issue where, in some cases, ball catch formulas would calculate incorrectly for low-end balls

• This primarily affected cases where status ailments and a large level disparity would allow guaranteed catches, instead of correctly scaling the formula. Other edge cases may have been affected.

If a bug relating to catching formula was fixed maybe the 1hp spore ditto failing so much is also because of some catching formula bug?

Did not see any logs about some catching rate being changed.

Edited by MightyBoxer

just finished playing catching event.There is is indeed some catching rate bug.

Was not able to catch seedot or lotad sometimes when It should have catched 100%.

So its not just a problem with ditto.

There was also no logs in update that the catching rate has changed in any way.

Edited by MightyBoxer
6 hours ago, Flareonn said:

a wild guess, one reason could be to slow people @awkways@Aerun down on hatching ultra rare shiny pokemon.

Hasn't slowed me down one bit. Still plenty of ditto farmers and they're finding it's actually cheaper now if they stick to pokeballs.

6 hours ago, theboyscout said:

Your math is wrong. There are more factors, such as how much HP is remaining and what level the pokemon is. Not to mention Dusk balls are 3.5x, not 3x in generations 3-5. There are plenty of calculators out there that will figure out the catch rate for you of a gen 5 game, such as this one:

https://www.dragonflycave.com/calculators/gen-v-catch-rate

That shows dittos with an average lvl of 50, asleep, 1hp and in a cave = 100%. Also 100% with repeat ball if caught before. This is the calculator we used when submitting the bug report and it was acknowledged that this should be the true rate, but they decided to change it intentionally.

There are more factors, such as how much HP is remaining and what level the pokemon is

Actually the level of a pokemon does not matter.You will have same catch rate on level 2 pidgey or level 30 pidgey.

The only exception when level matters is when you use levelball which is not in pokemmo.

Edited by MightyBoxer

its still bugged.i used ultraballs repeatball and quickball on lotad and it failed to catch sometimes.Lotad is 255 catchrate.x2 ball catchrate like ultraball should catch 100%.

repeatball and quickball are even better and still failed.

When munya says the catch rate of some balls was changed when did that happen.There was no logs in latest update of any change of catch rates.

Edited by MightyBoxer
3 minutes ago, MightyBoxer said:

its still bugged.i used ultraballs repeatball and quickball on lotad and it failed to catch sometimes.Lotad is 255 catchrate.x2 ball catchrate like ultraball should catch 100%.

repeatball and quickball are even better and still failed.

When munya says the catch rate of some balls was changed when did that happen.

Once again, the catch rates were intentionally changed so the original game mechanics don't apply anymore.

As for when it was changed, it went live with this patch on the 25th. I believe the issue here is the wording and lack of transparency behind this change, labeling it as a 'bug fix', when it was clearly intended to change the catch rate mechanics.

Fixed an issue where, in some cases, ball catch formulas would calculate incorrectly for low-end balls

• This primarily affected cases where status ailments and a large level disparity would allow guaranteed catches, instead of correctly scaling the formula. Other edge cases may have been affected.

This is the part most confusing for me. Low end balls are pokeballs and great balls, not dusk, premier, ultra ect. According to this info, the rates shouldn't have changed for them at all, and to not include anything in the changelog about this is kinda sketchy and confusing to everyone, not just to ditto farmers, but to everyone who catches pokemon in general. Seems all catch rates have been messed with one way or another, regardless of the ball used, species, HP, ect - nothing seems to be 100% catch anymore. I could see how this would make people think that it's still bugged, even after reading the changelog, and who knows? Maybe it is actually bugged currently. If not, it makes me wonder what else was changed "to suit a MMO environment" and not mentioned.

8 hours ago, awkways said:

Your math is wrong.

This is the math when the poke is at 1HP *silly* awk. And yes I've assumed the math for only repeat but it depends on the status bonus if we are using dusk look: Math: 35X2X3.5 = 245/255 = 0.96 (96%). The only thing now is to prove if Dusk can guarantee a Ditto or not if yes then I assume that Sleep status is a X2.5 Bonus catch.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, awkways said:

If you calc the catch rate, repeat and dusk at least should be 100% (especially considering how expensive they are), but obviously still fail here and there. Friend of mine submitted a bug report about this and they were told that it was intentional "to better fit a MMO environment'...

Better fit an MMO environment my ass. All it does is infuriate more people.

• Add Dusk Ball (2.5x if in a Cave, or at Night)
  • Add Quick Ball (2.5x if turn count is 1)
  • Add Fast Ball (2.5x if target's Base Speed is >=100)
  • Add Lure Ball (2.5x if Fishing Rod encounter type)
  • Add Love Ball (2x if target is opposite gender)
  • Timer ball rate increases now occur at turns 6/11/17 (1x/1.66x/2.33x/3x)

Are some of the others, do not know what update log it was in if it was in any.