easy pokedex access in battle

Nibero

Question

would be cool and saving people alot of time, if i could simply click on the sprite of a pokemon in battle to open the pokedex with that exact page open( for example u click on a snorlax , you would open up the pokedex instantly loading snorlax his data), 

usage:

pc: right click ,

other devices : hold 

i see no issues with it because if you did not catch a pokemon it would result in getting ???? as information.

*keep in mind that this is one of those little helpfull things and not a needed upgrade, 100% QOL*

Edited by Nibero

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DrButler said:

opening the dex via hotkey and entering a few letters takes like 3 seconds?

Initially I agree with you. 

But.. New comers that don't necessarily know all the names of pokemons might find this helpful... though it'd be too much hand-holding.. 
So I'm gonna be neutral with this suggestion.

P.s. pokemons in battles can be nick-named, that's why I have that concern.

Edited by MHkaserz

originally i came up with the idea during EV training, because it would make it a "BIT" easier, it was really super annoying to press N and check the name on every pokemon to know EV yield and this idea was like a revelation to stop this, also keep in mind nicknamed pokemon are tough to find in dex if you have no clue, i once spend 3 min just finding out the name of a pokemon by checking serebii lol, so this direct link would be really neat and handy, although if you dont know the pokemon's name your dex will probably return ???? as data but at least you could figure out the name to do a quick search elsewhere while in comp or whatever

also i made this suggestion with players on tablet etc in mind, because it takes alot more then 3 seconds for me the moment i play on my tablet, heck just opening he menu itself and pressing dex takes the originally 3 seconds.

Edited by Nibero
i cant spell for shit