Comp. 2018-2019

This thread is created to get to know about ourselves competitively and probably open doors to other teams by looking at what are your interests.

Complete this

IGN: 

Team: 

Where are you from:

Goals for 2019: 

Who is your favorite player? and why?

What other teams would you like to go to? and why?

Who built you as a player? (We all have people who built us or helped us building our skills)

I tried to make this because Pokemmo is getting big competitively and sometimes new hungrypower players aren't look in a good way because they don't have a name in the competitive scene.

Edited by Takens

Well idm saying boogas here, but generally I’m not intimidated by “big names” in mmo. In some tours I overcame these big names in the early rounds, such as MadaraSixSix and a guy that was ranked 30th and a girl that was ranked 60th, all in one tourney..

And in other tourneies even when I lose in early rounds to big names, they are tight matches (I simply don’t have 31x6 mons like them)

My rank is horrible since I play silly NU teams when I go ranked hence my score is 5-10 xD

IGN: MHkaserz

Team: Lava 

Goals: Continuing my career as a software engineer :V

Fav player: No one in particular, though every time I faced MadaraSixSix it was thrilling

-Other teams? Nah Lava is a great combination of fun and competitive. 

-Ummm.. LL got me to play this infernal game 3 years ago.

I got rekt by an Umbreon and swore it won’t happen again xD

So I’d say it’s a combination of her, self learning and very recently a youtuber called pokeaim.

Don't get me wrong, I’m answering this because I’m bored, I’m not very competitive, though I enjoy surprising veterans with my unusual breeds and strategies. Cheers. 

Now people with more interesting answers will be brave enough to answer :U xD

Edited by MHkaserz

Complete this: Ok.

IGN: OrangeManiac

Team: V4 trashbois

Where are you from: Finland

Goals for 2019: Concentrate more on VGC, less on this game. After my recent pretty good placing in Harrogate Regional Championship, I actually have a decent shot at getting a World's Invite in my remaining couple of events I've yet to still play.

Who is your favorite player and why? - To list a few: Frags for his positional, discipline, risk-free and especially optimal playing makes him very interesting to watch. Slow but grindy victories but that's how you win in this game. Also really like watching/playing Julian, he has very creative teams especially in Doubles. In VGC, my favorite player to watch is probably Wolfe Glick. He's very defensive and positional and watching him improved my playing a lot as well, even though I usually think much more offensively.

What other teams would you like to go to? And why? - Aura, so I can spam "xdddddd" in chat with Daryl daily.

Who built you as a player? "Zeezbruh", or something got me into competitive PokeMMO in 2012. Statius in 2013 actually made me to join tournaments and got me to join my first actually competitive team. I've always been very stubborn, though. I very rarely take anyone's word in anything and prefer to just try and learn things myself. Also shoutout to Zigh and Porke for getting me into VGC in the early 2018.

Edited by OrangeManiac
7 hours ago, Takens said:

Complete this: On it :D

IGN: XXAkiXX

Team: LEM

Where are you from: India

Goals for 2019: To open up my own clinic

Who is your favorite player? and why? No one in particular but if i had to mention someone it would be @Aard

What other teams would you like to go to? and why? Not even the slightest . I love my lemonades.

Who built you as a player? (We all have people who built us or helped us building our skills) Smogon basically. but yeah i used to get advice from @TohnR

Done :D

IGN:  Takens

Team: OCP

Where are you from: Mexico/US

Goals for 2019: I still have my goal i can't accomplish because of broken comp spirit.

Who is your favorite player? and why?

This is a hard one, but our of anyone i like @OrangeManiac cuz of play style. 

What other teams would you like to go to? and why?

Anywhere where there is a good comp environment for me to grow even more as a player. I'm a prize player so i will go anywhere where i have the possibility of winning.

Who built you as a player? 

My team building i learned about this with @NikhilR

Counter playing with @DoubleJ

Edited by Takens