Is shiny rate really 1/30000?

I keep hearing this, but has it ever been confirmed its exactly 1/30000?  I've heard people say its "around" 1/30000.  I've been wondering if its actually 1/32768.

Donator status as described if the shiny rate is 1/30000 would be is 1/27272.72- and higher ups will say  its 1/27000 when asked which isn't correct.  So I wonder if the actual shiny rate is similar.

8 minutes ago, Aard said:

I keep hearing this, but has it ever been confirmed its exactly 1/30000?  I've heard people say its "around" 1/30000.  I've been wondering if its actually 1/32768.

Donator status as described if the shiny rate is 1/30000 would be is 1/27272.72- and higher ups will say  its 1/27000 when asked which isn't correct.  So I wonder if the actual shiny rate is similar.

These things are really weird, even I saw a player meet 2 shinies in a encounter with a group of wild pokemon.

I also saw a player escape from a battle with shiny but encounter a shiny again in the next battle.

3 minutes ago, MaskJhin said:

These things are really weird, even I saw a player meet 2 shinies in a encounter with a group of wild pokemon.

I also saw a player escape from a battle with shiny but encounter a shiny again in the next battle.

Yeah, I'd have to see that to believe it.  I don't think its impossible that someone figured something out, but idk man.  idk

2 hours ago, Aard said:

it was stated that the shiny rate was roughly 1 in 30k by kyu himself. i am pretty sure he said something along the line of not being exactly 1 in 30k and that i vary slightly from one person to another for safety reason or something like that so this would explain why some may say "around". personally i assume that it is something like 1 in 30k +-0.5k.

but i am wondering where did you get those number from?

2 hours ago, Aard said:

I've been wondering if its actually 1/32768.

Donator status shiny rate is 1/27272.72-

2 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

but i am wondering where did you get those number from?

Gen 3 games were 1/8192 and its possible they just multiplied some mechanic by 4 without much more work.

The donator status is just how they describe it as "a 10% increase in shiny rate".  that means instead of 1/30k you have a 1.1/30k or 1/27272.  1/27000 isn't an exact 10% increase from 1/30000 like a lot of people think.

3 minutes ago, Aard said:

Gen 3 games were 1/8192 and its possible they just multiplied some mechanic by 4 without much more work.

The donator status is just how they describe it as "a 10% increase in shiny rate".  that means instead of 1/30k you have a 1.1/30k or 1/27272.  1/27000 isn't an exact 10% increase from 1/30000 like a lot of people think.

interesting i never noticed the result was different if you raised the odd insted of lowering the number of possible outcome. but since 1 in 27k is still fairly close to the result of a number that isn't exact to begin with it's just easier to stat with 1 in 27k.

for the 4 time the original rate theory i feel like the rng used in the original game may not be the same has our rng here wich would make implementing the orginal rate x4 slightly harder than making a new one.