A Little Question

I'm sorry but your question isn't clear, or well, I'm having trouble understanding it. But if you're wondering about how random number generation in this game works, the RNG for each independent instance is well, independent. Random number generation is programmed into the gameplay and is separately done for each time it needs to be used, otherwise it wouldn't really be fair, would it?

16 hours ago, Dibbzzz said:

I'm sorry but your question isn't clear, or well, I'm having trouble understanding it. But if you're wondering about how random number generation in this game works, the RNG for each independent instance is well, independent. Random number generation is programmed into the gameplay and is separately done for each time it needs to be used, otherwise it wouldn't really be fair, would it?

Players get shiny Pokemon by frequently encountering wild Pokemon, so there is a view that if other players don't encounter shiny Pokemon for a long time, then the next time I meet Pokemon is the expectation of shiny will become higher.

My question is, will a random number sequence of a player be affected by other players?

16 hours ago, Dibbzzz said:

According to you, the player's random number sequence will not be affected by other players. Is it right?

Each encounter you face in the wild has a 1/30,000 chance to be shiny (1/27,000 with Donator status). There are no other influences that change the possibility of finding a shiny. Therefor to answer your question no, your RNG or Random Number Sequence is not effected by other players.

Edited by Obvi
Typo
28 minutes ago, Obvi said:

Each encounter you face in the wild has a 1/30,000 chance to be shiny (1/27,000 with Donator status). There are no other influences that change the possibility of finding a shiny. Therefor to answer your question no, your RNG or Random Number Sequence is not effected by other players.

Ok thanks.

You have the same chance of your first encounter being shiny as your millionth encounter. The idea behind shiny hunting is maximizing the number of encounters and hoping at least one of them will be a shiny. Nothing you do or another player does can affect it, RNG for each specific instance is different, unless of course you're using an item that directly affects your chances for something. 

So no, you yourself could've gone the longest time without a shiny and your chances of the next encounter being a shiny are still the same as they always were

Edited by Dibbzzz