Basic Team Building

Havok

A few things

-Snorlax can't phaze, the only move he really has is yawn, and that's a bad option in general.

-I agree with your definition of a tank

-I would add Wallbreaker as a role for pokemon, it's pretty damn important in our current stally metagame.

A few things

-Snorlax can't phaze, the only move he really has is yawn, and that's a bad option in general.

-I agree with your definition of a tank

-I would add Wallbreaker as a role for pokemon, it's pretty damn important in our current stally metagame.

Oh lol, that should be Steelix* not snorlax. Thanks, my bad and changed. xD

And I will add wallbreaker once I get the time. (:

I always considered Yawn as a phazing move, but then again in the current metagame slowbro could just rest and if you had something that could 3HKO it you would switch it in as soon as he rests anyway.

And my wallbreaker do you mean mixed attacker? Because yeah that's a pretty important role currently. Alot of people are chucking focus punch on pokemon you normally don't see it on simply to heavily cripple Blissey and Snorlax to an extent. Charizard is a decent example, though it's not like he can OHKO Steelix. Best I can think of atm is Gengar, but still it can't really take Rock Slides from Steelix.

I always considered Yawn as a phazing move, but then again in the current metagame slowbro could just rest and if you had something that could 3HKO it you would switch it in as soon as he rests anyway.

And my wallbreaker do you mean mixed attacker? Because yeah that's a pretty important role currently. Alot of people are chucking focus punch on pokemon you normally don't see it on simply to heavily cripple Blissey and Snorlax to an extent. Charizard is a decent example, though it's not like he can OHKO Steelix. Best I can think of atm is Gengar, but still it can't really take Rock Slides from Steelix.

Giga Drain from special gengar probably does more to steelix than Focus Punch. Charizard should be running FB/Flamethrower to kill Steelix. Anything that can focus punch right now is probably running it lol (Blissey notwithstanding)

Oh I meant for the Steelix example that their special attacks probably won't OHKO Steelix. I run overheat on my Charizard, but I haven't done any damage calculations yet. I don't think Gengars Giga Drain will do too much to Steelix. Yeah I was meaning as mixed attackers, that even though those 2 pokemon are special based (with focus punch for Blissey/Snorlax) they probably can't OHKO the best physical wall atm which is Steelix and Rock Slide will hurt them both quite alot. I guess Cloyster is alot harder for Charizard as well.

Heck I'm thinking about putting Focus Punch on my hasty Alakazam, but that's just for beating Blissey, not exactly for beating both Physical and Special Walls cause unboosted Psychic/Shock Wave still don't do too much to Steelix

So many teams I see are just /bad/ because they are simply a hodgepodge of pokemon.
nothing rustles my jimmies more than when people respond giving pooped advice

This is an over-exaggerated, excessive, non-sensical, naively-existential work of pure irony. It's as if you think taking a single physics class is enough for you to lecture David Gross on string theory. You have written this "team-building" guide seemingly out of boredom as well as the need to feed your own psyche. You may be able to fool children who have yet to learn their "R" sound and use a level 100 Pikachu with Hyper Beam to shit their way through the eight gym leaders on their GBA games, but don't think for a second that you're fooling someone with an above-average level of competence. Let's be honest, Mr. Havok. This guide has more fluff than a Flaaffy during the winter.

Head over to Smogon and observe the electronic ass-beating that ensues when you post this junk. I already know you won't because an ugly girl will never win a beauty pageant. But fuck, blind people don't know the difference, right?

But whatever. Pokemon.

And this forum is ass anyway.

This is an over-exaggerated, excessive, non-sensical, naively-existential work of pure irony. It's as if you think taking a single physics class is enough for you to lecture David Gross on string theory. You have written this "team-building" guide seemingly out of boredom as well as the need to feed your own psyche. You may be able to fool children who have yet to learn their "R" sound and use a level 100 Pikachu with Hyper Beam to shit their way through the eight gym leaders on their GBA games, but don't think for a second that you're fooling someone with an above-average level of competence. Let's be honest, Mr. Havok. This guide has more fluff than a Flaaffy during the winter.

Head over to Smogon and observe the electronic ass-beating that ensues when you post this junk. I already know you won't because an ugly girl will never win a beauty pageant. But fuck, blind people don't know the difference, right?

But whatever. Pokemon.

Then leave. And never come back. Please.

But whatever. Pokemon.

Someone's mother didn't hold them enough as a child, and they are attempting to build up their self-esteem by tearing another person down. Pathetic, really.

But whatever. Pokemon.

As eloquently as you put that, I don't see you mentionioning that X, Y, and Z is wrong or bad, or parts A and B have "more fluff than a flaffy during winter". What exactly do you find wrong, bad, or pooped about this guide?

Furthermore, you see the title of this guide? See how it says /basic/ team building? This guide isn't meant for the super1337pro smogon community. but for so many of the new players who are just starting out learning about competitive battling here on Pokemmo. Also, Pokemmo has a different metagame than smogon; it's a very unique mix of gen 1 and part of gen 2 with gen 3 elements involved, many of the examples I use are specific to this particular game which is why I felt the need to make one in the first place.

And as others said, if you think this forum is ass, you're free to leave~

Someone's mother didn't hold them enough as a child, and they are attempting to build up their self-esteem by tearing another person down. Pathetic, really.

I don't blame you for playing the only card you know how to play. "I don't understand what you're saying and you hurt my feelings. Your parents never loved you." A battle of wits with an 8th grader is playing chess with a pigeon. There's no point in checking your king when the response will be to shit on the chessboard. Although, I will say that I suppose I can't expect much else from someone in middle school. Inb4 "Actually I'm in 9th grade and you're a uguu."

As for Mr. Havok, you have once again quite magnificantly displayed your ability ironify the simplest of responses. You have effectively shit on the chess board, but unlike Mr. Monkey, at least it's quality shit for what it's worth.

is wrong or bad

Or maybe not so quality.

Your use of bold holds no compensation for your lack of coherence or sub-par ability to articulate your own points. I'm not going to explain why A and B are wrong or why X and Y and Z and H and Q are pointless because it holds virtually no significance or even relevance to my first post. No, this isn't ~/~basic/~/~ team-building. The guide is excessive and fluffed up and penned in a way that manipulates the mind of children into thinking that it all makes perfect sense. No, this guide is not meant for super~~~1337~~~~pro Smogon users, you're damn right about that. It's meant for users who don't know any better like the pubeless bottom-feeders who inhabit this forum, regardless of what generation or tier or metagame you're making the guide for, as if that actually makes any difference.

I used lots of bold and shit because it helps prove my point.

Now I'm going to cry myself to sleep because my life is terrible. I'm definitely not an engineering major in college with a girlfriend who's doing something with his life. I have nothing better to do other than rip shitty forum users (who I definitely don't know in real life) a new asshole for literally no reason at all.

I don't blame you for playing the only card you know how to play. "I don't understand what you're saying and you hurt my feelings. Your parents never loved you." A battle of wits with an 8th grader is playing chess with a pigeon. There's no point in checking your king when the response will be to shit on the chessboard. Although, I will say that I suppose I can't expect much else from someone in middle school. Inb4 "Actually I'm in 9th grade and you're a uguu."

As for Mr. Havok, you have once again quite magnificantly displayed your ability ironify the simplest of responses. You have effectively shit on the chess board, but unlike Mr. Monkey, at least it's quality shit for what it's worth.

Or maybe not so quality.

Your use of bold holds no compensation for your lack of coherence or sub-par ability to articulate your own points. I'm not going to explain why A and B are wrong or why X and Y and Z and H and Q are pointless because it holds virtually no significance or even relevance to my first post. No, this isn't ~/~basic/~/~ team-building. The guide is excessive and fluffed up and penned in a way that manipulates the mind of children into thinking that it all makes perfect sense. No, this guide is not meant for super~~~1337~~~~pro Smogon users, you're damn right about that. It's meant for users who don't know any better like the pubeless bottom-feeders who inhabit this forum, regardless of what generation or tier or metagame you're making the guide for, as if that actually makes any difference.

I used lots of bold and shit because it helps prove my point.

Now I'm going to cry myself to sleep because my life is terrible. I'm definitely not an engineering major in college with a girlfriend who's doing something with his life. I have nothing better to do other than rip shitty forum users (who I definitely don't know in real life) a new asshole for literally no reason at all.

All I'm hearing is the sound of Irony. It's delicious.

moar.

[sarcasm]oh the big words, how they hurt us simpletons.[/sarcasm]

Tis a pretty good guide, havoc.

If you have time, you should probably give advice about movesets, corresponding to each pokemon's roles;

Deciding to keep a move for more coverage or replace so it excels in a certain path etc.

B.S. in Chemistry and in the middle of a PharmD. The fact that you have to resort to character assasination instead of actually addressing the fact that your posts have no apparent reason to exist whatsoever except for building up whatever small amount of self-esteem you do possess is very telling. If you don't like something, but you don't have any constructive criticism, then just go on your way and don't post at all. I know that an engineering degree sucks the soul from your body, but there's no reason to take out your frustrations on someone who has gone out of their way to help other people.

But don't mind me, I'm really just a 9th grader who got his feelings hurt. Derp.

All I'm hearing is the sound of Irony. It's delicious.

moar.

[sarcasm]oh the big words, how they hurt us simpletons.[/sarcasm]

Tis a pretty good guide, havoc.

If you have time, you should probably give advice about movesets, corresponding to each pokemon's roles;

Deciding to keep a move for more coverage or replace so it excels in a certain path etc.

Thanks, I'll consider it if I get the time. (:

B.S. in Chemistry and in the middle of a PharmD. The fact that you have to resort to character assasination instead of actually addressing the fact that your posts have no apparent reason to exist whatsoever except for building up whatever small amount of self-esteem you do possess is very telling. If you don't like something, but you don't have any constructive criticism, then just go on your way and don't post at all. I know that an engineering degree sucks the soul from your body, but there's no reason to take out your frustrations on someone who has gone out of their way to help other people.

But don't mind me, I'm really just a 9th grader who got his feelings hurt. Derp.

damn matt, no one knows a troll when they see one anymore

>HURR DURR LOOK AT ME, I'M poopED

FUCK OFF poop

>YES! EPIC TROLL. JOKES ON THEM I WAS ONLY PRETENDING

Raped so hard.

So since you're just 'trolling' I'll assume you think my guide is actually awesome and you think I'm a much better battler than you. Since after all I have beaten you the last 5 times in a row we've battled.

Also you don't play Pokemmo...I don't know even why you're here other than you really don't have much of a life.

And thank you for the posts, it's made my guide a lot more popular. (:

I might also point out your 'girlfriend' is a 400 pound ugly whale you met over xbox live that lives 300 miles away and you've only actually met once*

I accept your apology~