Is this game so hard on purpose?

3 minutes ago, CrisanComis said:

OMFG! do you actually play! cause you are literally always on the forum spewing your hate everywhere! GET A GIRLFRIEND!

I do actually play, you guys just say you struggle, like the cash you wasted on full restores and what not, what if you actually took the time, to get other mons, that are more relevant vs your rival for example, and EV trained them so they are more optimal? Also, where is my hate? Man you guys do make me laugh hard sometimes.

Edited by razimove
8 minutes ago, razimove said:

I do actually play, you guys just say you struggle, like the cash you wasted on full restores and what not, what if you actually took the time, to get other mons, that are more relevant vs your rival for example, and EV trained them so they are more optimal? Also, where is my hate? Man you guys do make me laugh hard sometimes.

"you should quit" "just quit!" its always quit with you! you think you're so much better than literally everyone else! and you are! obviously! and if I wanted to play a strategy game I wouldn't have burned my grandfather's antique chess set!

1 minute ago, CrisanComis said:

"you should quit" "just quit!" its always quit with you! you think you're so much better than literally everyone else! and you are! obviously! and if I wanted to play a strategy game I wouldn't have burned my grandfather's antique chess set!

Where did I tell you to quit? You're as dumb as one can get.

Also, if you don't want to play a game, the way it was made for you to play, play the handhelds, which is what you're apparently used to. Not telling you to quit, but if you're so unhappy, why do you force yourself through it? I also dislike some RTS games for example, so I don't play them, simple. I am not better than you, well I am, but so is any veteran player here, it's a given considering the experience we have over you, you'll also get there in time. 

Not everything has to go your way, and that's life, you're unhappy? Quit, there's thousands of chinese players that joined the server, in 2k18, there wasn't a single one complaining about game difficulty, and it was like this and e4 didn't even heal you after every fight back then, maybe the problem is you, not the game? idk just my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, razimove said:

Where did I tell you to quit? You're as dumb as one can get.

Also, if you don't want to play a game, the way it was made for you to play, play the handhelds, which is what you're apparently used to. Not telling you to quit, but if you're so unhappy, why do you force yourself through it? I also dislike some RTS games for example, so I don't play them, simple. I am not better than you, well I am, but so is any veteran player here, it's a given considering the experience we have over you, you'll also get there in time. 

Not everything has to go your way, and that's life, you're unhappy? Quit, there's thousands of chinese players that joined the server, in 2k18, there wasn't a single one complaining about game difficulty, and it was like this and e4 didn't even heal you after every fight back then, maybe the problem is you, not the game? idk just my 2 cents.

NOT ME! people you reply too!

and you just proved my point thanks for that!

yeah im on the spectrum! welp thanks genius! I quit bye!

4 minutes ago, razimove said:

And how is it relevant to anything here?

Look if you need any help with the game, feel free to PM me, I'll try to lend a hand, if you want to complain, just complain, it's also free.

wtf is with the nice guy act all of a sudden?! what ever I already deleted my character! I QUIT~! DIGIMON FOR LIFE!

LOL yes the game is a little hard, but honest it's an mmo... it shold take a while to beat all gyms etc no? btw i'm new and started kanto... beat the e4 with 18 hours of gameplay... it's a little more than in the gba... but still 20h is not a time for "no life players" like some ppl claim... just read more about strategys and you i'll see that it's not that hard.

1 hour ago, razimove said:

Just to be clear, I played Pokemon for years, and I understand that with strategy you can beat the game, but the mmo really is a pain sometimes, is easy to say train this or that (note: my mons are all fully EV's) but for people who are starting the game is a lot harder sometimes. So I appreciate the tips, but there's no need for you guys to kill each other like that :/

On 12/19/2018 at 4:15 PM, Matthanol said:

I've been playing trough Hoenn the last week and it seems like enemy pokemon almost always have enormous damage output while I Only do about 20% damage.

This even happens with just effective moves from them or even super effective moves from me. 

It even happened that a pokemon with a lower level 1shotted me with an x1 effective move.

I'm trying to enjoy the game but sooner or later this will make me ragequit.

Any thoughts? Is this only me?

Yes it's hard on purpose because let's be honest, the main series games were pathetically easy. PokeMMO is now not a cakewalk and a little more thought has to be put into battles

6 minutes ago, XehanortI said:

Just to be clear, I played Pokemon for years, and I understand that with strategy you can beat the game, but the mmo really is a pain sometimes, is easy to say train this or that (note: my mons are all fully EV's) but for people who are starting the game is a lot harder sometimes. So I appreciate the tips, but there's no need for you guys to kill each other like that :/

I was actually discussing that with someone not to long ago, the only problem is the introduction the a non faceroll meta that everyone is used to. I can lend you an hand if you need, nobody is killing anyone, he's just crying, it's part of the grief proccess. But jokes aside, I can give you some tips regarding the game if you want, hmu through pm

This thread has derailed so I will be closing it.

To summarise, level caps are primarily in place to encourage people to have multiple pokemon on their team instead of 1 singular pokemon with all the experience and levels.
This is done in part to better tutorialize how to build teams, which is required for end-game content and PvP. So, yes, the game is harder on purpose in these regards.

• Matoka locked this topic