Adding to the after-battle MM prizes to increase MM players for all tiers.

Johnnicles

Question

Please consider upvoting up there ^ if you like my idea. Don't just like it-- upvote, too! The more upvotes, the higher the chance we have of something like this being implemented.

Though semi-similar to another thread,  this is a completely different idea. I think this would be another fantastic solution to make NU and UU matchmaking actually played and I'm glad I was able to make this thread while the topic is hot.

With this idea, when you get to the "Trainer won (x) BP" stage, it would say "Trainer won (x) BP and (x) OU/UU/NU Token(s)." Make new vendors in the Battle Frontier/Battle Subway who exchange those tokens for prizes-- similar to how BP exchanges, but with a different currency unique to each tier. This would give each tier a niche that only that tier can fill. This also gives a chance to implement Bottle Caps like the actual games have, but nerf them so that they don't crash the economy.

I've wrote some example vendor ideas for what these PVP Tokens could exchange for in the spoilers below.

Below are just examples and the final decision is up to the developers as to what prizes would actually happen.

Over Used Token Vendor
*acquire 1 OU Token per victory, 2 per Ranked victory

Spoiler

- Bronze Roulette Spin (spin a roulette for random low-tier prize, "lowest" prizes like 1x Potion, 1x Lava Cookie, or "best" ones like 3x Vitamins, 1x Flame Orb, etc.).
^^ COST: 1 Over Used Token

- Silver Roulette Spin (spin a roulette for a random medium-tier prize, "lowest" prizes like 1x TwistedSpoon, "best" ones like 1x Silver Bottle Cap (see NU Vendor below for more info), 3x PP Up, etc.)
^^ COST: 4 Over Used Tokens

- Gold Roulette Spin (spin a roulette for a random high-tier prize, "lowest" prizes like 1x PP Max, "best" ones like 1x Gold Bottle Cap (see NU Vendor below for info), Unique Particle, 1x random Dye etc.)
^^ COST: 12 Over Used Tokens

Under Used Token Vendor
*acquire 1 UU Token per victory, 2 per Ranked victory

Spoiler

- Trainer's Brochure (works like Donator's status but only for 1 hour, does not stack with other "Trainer's" items or Donator Status)
^^ COST: 1 Under Used Token

- Trainer's Atlas (works like Donator's status but only for 1 day, does not stack with other "Trainer's" items or Donator Status)
^^ COST: 5 Under Used Tokens

- Power Meal (forces a Pokemon to immediately level to 50).
^^ COST: 6 Under Used Tokens

- Power Feast (forces a Pokemon to immediately level to 100).
^^ COST: 12 Under Used Tokens

Never Used Token Vendor
*acquire 1 NU Token per victory, 2 per Ranked victory

Spoiler

- Silver Bottlecap (raises Pokemon's target IV by 1)
^^ COST: 5 Never Used Tokens

- 2,000 BP Card (activate to acquire 2,000 Battle Points).
^^ COST: 7 Never Used Tokens

- 5,000 BP Card (activate to acquire 5,000 Battle Points)
^^ COST: 12 Never Used Tokens

- Gold Bottlecap (raises ALL non-31 IV's of a selected Pokemon by 1)
^^ COST: 15 Never Used Tokens

Edited by Johnnicles

12 answers to this question

i like your idea behind it :) 

but the rewards for UU & NU are trash (imo, sry to be rude)

like:

59 minutes ago, Johnnicles said:

why shoud i choose this? it saves time of course, but i do it by my own and sometime i can find some items for $$$

the next thing is... let me say your current rewards are finally and they will be implemented so...

why should i play UU or NU maybe for SIlver Bottle & Gold Bottle

if the possibilty exists that i can get those rewards (with luck) of playing OU

also the rewards of OU are cheaper, where those bottles are than the NU rewards

*i hope my english is understandable*

25 minutes ago, BlizzardGG said:

i like your idea behind it :) 

but the rewards for UU & NU are trash (imo, sry to be rude)

like:

why shoud i choose this? it saves time of course, but i do it by my own and sometime i can find some items for $$$

the next thing is... let me say your current rewards are finally and they will be implemented so...

why should i play UU or NU maybe for SIlver Bottle & Gold Bottle

if the possibilty exists that i can get those rewards (with luck) of playing OU

also the rewards of OU are cheaper, where those bottles are than the NU rewards

*i hope my english is understandable*

Not everyone's going to like all the rewards in everything always, but I personally will say that I would probably play UU the most with the rewards as I have them written. Each person will have their things that they will want the most.

Also, with a roulette, if you have a 3% chance to get a reward vs a 100% chance, the 100% chance is 100% more reliable. :P If this were implemented and I wanted a bottle cap, I wouldn't be playing OU to try for a low chance to get them. I'd go play NU to actually get one.

EDIT: Also, it's worth noting that these are bonus items. You're still getting the normal BP on top of it.

Edited by Johnnicles
10 hours ago, Johnnicles said:

Though semi-similar to another thread,  this is a completely different idea. I think this would be another fantastic solution to make NU and UU matchmaking actually played and I'm glad I was able to make this thread while the topic is hot.

With this idea, when you get to the "Trainer won (x) BP" stage, it would say "Trainer won (x) BP and (x) OU/UU/NU Token(s)." Make new vendors in the Battle Frontier/Battle Subway who exchange those tokens for prizes-- similar to how BP exchanges, but with a different currency unique to each tier. This would give each tier a niche that only that tier can fill. This also gives a chance to implement Bottle Caps like the actual games have, but nerf them so that they don't crash the economy.

I've wrote some example vendor ideas for what these PVP Tokens could exchange for in the spoilers below.

Keep in mind that in order to get these tokens, you have to sit through a long battle (on average ~15 minutes) where you may not even win. No win = no Tokens.

Over Used Token Vendor
*acquire 1 OU Token per victory, 2 per Ranked victory

Reveal hidden contents

- Bronze Roulette Spin (spin a roulette for random low-tier prize, "lowest" prizes like 1x Potion, 1x Lava Cookie, or "best" ones like 3x Vitamins, 1x Flame Orb, etc.).
^^ COST: 1 Over Used Token

- Silver Roulette Spin (spin a roulette for a random medium-tier prize, "lowest" prizes like 1x TwistedSpoon, "best" ones like 1x Silver Bottle Cap (see NU Vendor below for more info), 3x PP Up, etc.)
^^ COST: 4 Over Used Tokens

- Gold Roulette Spin (spin a roulette for a random high-tier prize, "lowest" prizes like 1x PP Max, "best" ones like 1x Gold Bottle Cap (see NU Vendor below for info), Unique Particle, 1x random Dye etc.)
^^ COST: 12 Over Used Tokens

Under Used Token Vendor
*acquire 1 UU Token per victory, 2 per Ranked victory

Reveal hidden contents

- Trainer's Brochure (works like Donator's status but only for 1 hour, does not stack with other "Trainer's" items or Donator Status)
^^ COST: 1 Under Used Token

- Trainer's Atlas (works like Donator's status but only for 1 day, does not stack with other "Trainer's" items or Donator Status)
^^ COST: 5 Under Used Tokens

Never Used Token Vendor
*acquire 1 NU Token per victory, 2 per Ranked victory

Hide contents

- Silver Bottlecap (raises Pokemon's target IV by 1)
^^ COST: 5 Never Used Tokens

- 2,000 BP Card (activate to acquire 2,000 Battle Points).
^^ COST: 7 Never Used Tokens

- 5,000 BP Card (activate to acquire 5,000 Battle Points)
^^ COST: 12 Never Used Tokens

- Gold Bottlecap (raises ALL non-31 IV's of a selected Pokemon by 1)
^^ COST: 15 Never Used Tokens

Interesting idea but, the upgrading of ivs is problematic because of the possibility of upgrading shinies. I think the system should be discussed while the prizes is obviously something the devs are going to decide

12 hours ago, WildHodor said:

I think the system should be discussed while the prizes is obviously something the devs are going to decide

Thanks! I updated with a disclaimer and reminder that the latter half is only an example, so hopefully people focus on the actual suggestion, or maybe even add more examples, too, for unique things to each tier. Maybe we can give the devs some ideas.

In my opinion the bottles aren't compatible with the breeding system. With that implemented it would actually cost less breeding a 30x5 and bottling it up instead of breeding a 31x5.

I wouldn't complain tho, as I'm down to anything to have UU and NU ladders working. Also, the leveling ticket is a good idea of item to be implemented =) It seems balanced to me.

I don't know what but we have to do something about UU&NU !

28 minutes ago, TohnR said:

In my opinion the bottles aren't compatible with the breeding system. With that implemented it would actually cost less breeding a 30x5 and bottling it up instead of breeding a 31x5.

I wouldn't complain tho, as I'm down to anything to have UU and NU ladders working. Also, the leveling ticket is a good idea of item to be implemented =) It seems balanced to me.

I don't know what but we have to do something about UU&NU !

They could make it so that they raise stats to a max of 30. I wouldn't be opposed to that, either.

Just came back to PokeMMO and super stoked that they actually added in something similar! I quite like the system that is put in place, too. I guess the devs really do listen. 🙂 Actually seeing some play in UU/NU/new randoms now. Gg everyone.

Edited by Johnnicles