Villa Gathering II Discussion

~  Villa Gathering II Discussion ~

Thank you to everyone who participated in the first ever Villa Gathering!

It was a huge success, and a great deal of fun :D

I'd like to start a discussion here concerning the organization of the next Villa Gathering

For the date, I'm thinking about the second Saturday of next month

We could also switch up the tiers in anyway we like!

Perhaps we could hold a poll

Donations towards the 15M prize pool are appreciated, but in no way expected, and there will never be an entrance fee ;)

Also, if you're interested in helping to referee, that's good to know!

Let's make this happen!

<3

¡Gracias a todos los que participaron en la primera Villa Gathering!
Fue un gran éxito, y muy divertido: D
Me gustaría comenzar una discusión aquí sobre la organización de la próxima Villa Gathering.
Para la fecha, estoy pensando en el segundo sábado del próximo mes.
¡También podríamos cambiar los niveles de la manera que queramos!
Quizás podríamos hacer una encuesta.
Se agradecen las donaciones para el premio acumulado del 15M, pero de ninguna manera se espera, y nunca habrá una tarifa de entrada;)
Además, si estás interesado en ayudar a arbitrar, ¡es bueno saberlo!
¡Hagamos que esto suceda!
<3

~  Villa Gathering II Donations ~

@JerryPk - $500,000

@xCaptainAwesome - $250,000

@Dwaasje - $50,000

@Bestfriends - $3,000

MICKOLI - $2,999

Edited by Wudenbachs

That could be awesome!

Which ones though?

One of each, I'm presuming, although we could always do two OU tiers, for example.

We would also need to raise more money for the extra 6 players that would need to be included into the prize pool

We would most likely use channel 3 as well as 4 and 5 for the first round, and possible even the quarter finals

I'm down to try though!

One of each tier would be a true reflection of the entire game's competitive scene, so I really like that idea.

It really depends on what everyone wants outta this tournament though

If we can't get 16 teams willing to represent each tier than we obviously couldn't run the event given it's current structure

¡Eso podría ser increíble!
¿Cuáles aunque?
Uno de cada uno, supongo, aunque siempre podríamos hacer dos niveles de OU, por ejemplo.
También deberíamos recaudar más dinero para los 6 jugadores adicionales que deberían incluirse en el pozo de premios.
Lo más probable es que utilicemos el canal 3, así como 4 y 5 para la primera ronda, y posiblemente incluso los cuartos de final.
¡Estoy abajo para intentarlo!
Uno de cada nivel sería un fiel reflejo de la escena competitiva de todo el juego, así que realmente me gusta esa idea.
Aunque realmente depende de lo que todos quieran salir de este torneo.
Si no podemos lograr que 16 equipos estén dispuestos a representar cada nivel, obviamente no podríamos ejecutar el evento dada su estructura actual

1 hour ago, Wudenbachs said:

That could be awesome!

Which ones though?

One of each, I'm presuming, although we could always do two OU tiers, for example.

We would also need to raise more money for the extra 6 players that would need to be included into the prize pool

We would most likely use channel 3 as well as 4 and 5 for the first round, and possible even the quarter finals

I'm down to try though!

One of each tier would be a true reflection of the entire game's competitive scene, so I really like that idea.

It really depends on what everyone wants outta this tournament though

If we can't get 16 teams willing to represent each tier than we obviously couldn't run the event given it's current structure

¡Eso podría ser increíble!
¿Cuáles aunque?
Uno de cada uno, supongo, aunque siempre podríamos hacer dos niveles de OU, por ejemplo.
También deberíamos recaudar más dinero para los 6 jugadores adicionales que deberían incluirse en el pozo de premios.
Lo más probable es que utilicemos el canal 3, así como 4 y 5 para la primera ronda, y posiblemente incluso los cuartos de final.
¡Estoy abajo para intentarlo!
Uno de cada nivel sería un fiel reflejo de la escena competitiva de todo el juego, así que realmente me gusta esa idea.
Aunque realmente depende de lo que todos quieran salir de este torneo.
Si no podemos lograr que 16 equipos estén dispuestos a representar cada nivel, obviamente no podríamos ejecutar el evento dada su estructura actual

OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC

So far the suggestions we have are

1. 5 tiers - OU, UU, NU, LC, DUB

2. Incorporate Triples tier into the competition

3. Change location of the Gathering

We had 500K for each Bronze

1.5M for each Silver

and 3M for each of the 3 Champions for a prize pool of 15M

If we wanted to keep this frame work for a 5 tier tournament, we would need 25M

Should we change how much each player is payed out?

300k x 5 players - Bronze

900K x 5 players - Silver

1.8M x 5 players - Gold

This payout would accommodate a 5 tier tournament for 15M

Any opposition to what's been suggested?

Any further endorsement?

Any new ideas to propose?

Let's keep this discussion moving forward!

23 hours ago, Kamowanthere said:

Triples

12 hours ago, Wudenbachs said:

So far the suggestions we have are

1. 5 tiers - OU, UU, NU, LC, DUB

2. Incorporate Triples tier into the competition

3. Change location of the Gathering

We had 500K for each Bronze

1.5M for each Silver

and 3M for each of the 3 Champions for a prize pool of 15M

If we wanted to keep this frame work for a 5 tier tournament, we would need 25M

Should we change how much each player is payed out?

300k x 5 players - Bronze

900K x 5 players - Silver

1.8M x 5 players - Gold

This payout would accommodate a 5 tier tournament for 15M

Any opposition to what's been suggested?

Any further endorsement?

Any new ideas to propose?

Let's keep this discussion moving forward!

My only suggestion is changing the time to 2nd or 3rd Saturday of month (not same with TT) and making it 19:00 UTC like older times TT (or earlier but not later pls, ty)

20:00 UTC was the designated time for the first Villa Gathering because I literally copied and pasted the official TT post from November as my forum post XD

You're saying we should change the time to an hour earlier?

For me, 20:00 UTC is noon. I have all registered team captains confirm attendance an hour before the start of the tournament, so by changing the time to 19:00, I would have to be logged in before 10am.

I wouldn't mind doing this if enough people prefer it, although I'd personally rather stick with what we already established.

Why 19:00, may I ask?

@Kamowanthere, it says on your profile that you're in turkey!

Although the Ottoman empire can be dated back to the 13th century, the Republic of Turkey was only very recently established in the early 1920s!

Anyway..

As it is, 20 UTC is 11pm for you.

I've been told that the TT can go on for upwards of 6, sometimes even 8 hours!

Is this true, or have I been misled?

I ask because I find it extremely hard to believe, especially when considering that we pulled off the Villa Gathering in a little over 2 and a half hours, and I quite literally based the entire event off of the official TT November forums post.

Let's say this next one will take 3 hours.

If we were to hold it at 20:00 UTC, we'd be done by 2am in Turkey, a transcontinental country with 4,454 miles of coastline located mainly in Western Asia, with a smaller portion on the Balkan peninsula in Southeast Europe.

If we were to hold it at 19:00, that's still gonna be 1am.

Is the difference between 2am and 1am so great, or is there something I'm not taking into account?

7 hours ago, Wudenbachs said:

20:00 UTC was the designated time for the first Villa Gathering because I literally copied and pasted the official TT post from November as my forum post XD

The October 2018 and earlier TTs were played at 19 UTC Saturday.

5 hours ago, Wudenbachs said:

If we were to hold it at 19:00, that's still gonna be 1am.

Is the difference between 2am and 1am so great, or is there something I'm not taking into account?

My bad, I meant the registeration time. I have to sleep after I register the team weekdays. I have to go to school even on Saturday so I can't register unless it is 19 UTC.

Also TTs last for 2 or 3 hours. November TT ended at 21:30 UTC, although they are calling the teams for at least 30 minutes, never seen a TT started in the time given, usually starts 30 mins later