Hi

The nature of iOS devices means they are more locked down and less open to modification and customisation. A side effect of this means that apps external to the Apple App Store cannot be installed on iOS like external apps can be on Android. You also cannot manipulate the phone's file system. This could be done but both of these require jailbreaking the phone, a technical process that voids the warranty. This is a selling point for Apple, as they can sell you a "better engineered user experience" or something to that effect, but this means as a user you have less control. If that's what you want, then by all means purchase Apple; however, you're likely to miss out on the occasional niche, custom and exciting small piece of software that comes from passionate devs, like PokeMMO for Android. That's the choice you make when you buy.

• 5 months later...

You actually can make it on IOS without jailbreak your iPhone, you need to do the same thing as GBA4IOS did, with an enterprise certificates system, that allow you to download external application by trusting the enterprise. GBA4IOS is actually doing that and it work pretty well

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 6:48 AM, Yamajestyt said:

Can you make this for iphone?

Hello! from I've heard mentioned on the topic before it was considered to be not worth the large amount of development time it would require as it would require a Jailbroken device which many Iphone users don't have.

Someone may swoop in and correct me on this at a later date but for now I think it is safe to assume PokeMMO will not be available on Iphones unless something drastic changes.

As I have answered this question I'll be locking the thread.

• Matoka locked this topic