Miew Year's Monotype Party! ~ Jan 5th

Hello and welcome, to a kind of event there's a HUUUGE lack of in this community:

MONOTYPE!!!

*fanfare, oooohs and aaaahs*

oco4V2M.jpg

I'm Dibz, an absolute noob that you probably don't know, and we are Team PurpleMiews, also fairly new. But you'll be hearing a lot more about us once we start winning all the Team Tournaments coming up.  Image result for tiny winky face png

I'm excited to announce our first ever competitive tournament, in my favourite format, hosted by yours truly. Best part: everyone's invited! Let's cut right to the chase.

What?

6v6 battles | Single Elimination | Monotype Format

More details:

Spoiler

CLAUSES:
OHKO/Pristine/Unique Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Self-KO/Sleep/OP Item  (List of clauses and what they mean) 

AND

Same Type Clause: All pokemon on a team must have at least have one type shared between all of them.

Number of players: Unlimited

Allowed Tiers: OU, UU, NU, BL(all)

All bans within the current OU tier apply, in addition to the following.

Banned ability combinations: (note that the listed abilites are allowed, just not together)

Drizzle + Swift Swim | Sandstream + Sand Rush

Weather moves are still allowed to set up for Swift Swim/Sand Rush though!

Banned tiers: Uber

Banned moves: Swagger

Banned entities: Host and judges, bots, advanced AI and Santa Claus. If staff want to participate, they must use an alt.

(Sorry staff, blame the paranoid bunch of people who said it was somehow unfair if I didn't >.> I do want you guys to play without it being a drag though, so if enough people vote against that last rule I'll get rid of it.)

When?

JANUARY 5

6:00pm PST | 2:00am UTC (Jan 6th) | 9:00pm EST

Time Zone Converter

Where?

My house, aka the Undella Estate, channel 5

(Where the first unofficial Team Tournament is being held on the 16th)

How?

We'll have a rolling registration system for this tournament, so anyone can sign up between now and 5 minutes before the event starts.

However, you HAVE to be present 15 minutes before the event to confirm your registration.

Simply whisper me or mail me in-game, or message me on Discord with your IGN and your interest in signing up and you'll be good to go!

IGN: Dibz

Discord: MewSquared#7637

Why?

Because I love monotype and I'm super excited to see what players do in this rarely seen format!

Also because this big bash will be my team's big hello to the world!

Now for the fun part!

Related image

PRIZES!!!

Winner

$5,000,000

Runner-Up

$2,500,000

Third and fourth place

$1,000,000 each

DONATIONS

Decided to do this entire event out of my own bank.

And all donations will help me make more regular monotype tournaments with bigger prizes!
(Which is really what I'm hoping comes out of this tournament, because I love this format and would love to make this a thing.)

Donate if you love the idea of the event, if you loved playing/watching it, if you want this to be a regular thing, or if you just have a lot of money. 

> All donors will get shoutouts before the prizes section of my next monotype tournament, as well as huge hugs!

> There will also be a public access donation tracker that can be requested by anyone, for full transparency in donations.

I'm so very excited to host this, and I really hope all of you turn up!

There's a whole month to go, so I'm hoping that's enough time to plan and make a proper monotype team.

And hopefully, I'll see lots of you there! Happy Miew Year!!!

Happy new year 2012!

(this gif was brought to you by Internet Explorer)

Edited by Dibbzzz

To address the weather thing:

Weather is NOT banned. Weather-causing abilities just aren't allowed with weather dependent speed boosts.

That means to set up for swift swim or sand rush, you'd need to do it using a turn for a move. Or ditch the speed ability entirely if you want Drizzle/Sandstream.

Did this to nerf the advantage certain types have over every other type in PokeMMO and add more diversity to the teams that can show up, plus this really does even the playing field. Banning weather entirely would be putting those teams at an unnecessary disadvantage, however.

Edited by Dibbzzz
  • 3 weeks later...

Whoa, it's 2019 :o  HAPPY MIEW YEAR EVERYONE! <3 I'm so excited about this tournament and every future instance of it, and I'm so happy about all the love, support and donations I've gotten for this, thank you everyone who's given me that, those who've given me encouragement and support and everyone coming to watch or participate.

This is going to be the first of many legendary tournaments!

Today's the day! The tournament's in less than 2 hours and I'm so excited! Please try to be there 15 minutes (5 at the VERY least) to register or confirm your registration. (Link to the tournament bracket)

Hosts will be using the /shout channel to communicate, and all the participants must whisper me back in order to confirm that they're present and not AFK five minutes before the matches begin. There will be three other referees helping me supervise the matches so we can get through the first few rounds faster, and although they are staff members, this tournament is in no way official or affiliated with the official PokeMMO team, they're just helping as my friends! ^_^ The referees are myself, Bearminator, LeZenor and DemonicDax!

I'm so excited to have you guys in my house, and I hope you guys have LOTS of fun battling in my favorite battle style! I know it's a fairly unpopular format but I'm hoping to change that.

Now for some FAQ I've been asked over the past few weeks:

Spoiler

Q: Are we allowed to change teams in between rounds?
A:
Yes you are, as long as it falls within the rules!

Q: Are weather teams/swift swim/sand rush/drizzle/sand stream banned? What about using rain dance or sandstorm?
A:
No they are not! Only teams using BOTH drizzle and swift swim or BOTH sand stream and sand rush are banned. And it's only those two specific ability combos that aren't allowed. 

The moves Rain Dance and Sandstorm are allowed! In fact, if you're using swift swim or sand rush, it's recommended if you want to take advantage of those abilities.

Things to clarify:

• I'll be using Challonge's default single elimination format, and the number of players are unlimited. If there are an odd number of players, one of the players will be chosen at random to be a reserve player, called to replace another player if they fail to report to their first match.
  • Being unresponsive for more than 10 minutes will result in a disqualification, and the opponent will move on to the next round by default.
  • You may be required to whisper the referee your team at the start of your match, refusing to do so will result in disqualification. We will merely be checking whether your team follows the regulations of the tournament and nothing else.

I'm so excited to see all of you there, whether you're there to participate or spectate. Thank you so much for all the support and interest this tournament has gotten, I'm definitely going to be hosting frequent monotype tournaments!

Edited by Dibbzzz