The PokeMMO Gym Challenge - Looking for challengers!

I thought about @pachima's suggestion and I'm inclined to agree with it. There's no fun playing 6 Dark-types as a Ghost-type gym leader. So that being said each challenger will have to submit a team of 10 Pokemon they will use to battle all the gyms. This forces diversity and gives a challenger slight advantage, but still doesn't make the battles too lobsided.

Once we have Ghost-type gym leader we move to challenger signups!

5 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Will there be a prize for the gym leader with the highest win rate?

Forgot to respond to this. Sounds like a good idea to me, more incentive for gym leaders to give their best (although we know some gym leaders just have it way more rough than others). I was running out of funds for this but luckily mah boi Forfi got me. So yeah, best rated gym leader also gets a prize.

Holy shit Forfi just donated me 3 mil for this, what a god. 

Edited by OrangeManiac
36 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Roxxass PM'd me for wanting to become the Ghost gym leader but wanted to do in Doubles and I didn't wanna say no to such a request. This means we have all the gym leaders so challengers please sign up and let's get this going!

If you have any questions by the way, do not hesitate to ask.

Very soon I Will be ready n.n

27 minutes ago, yangsam said:

question, we need to run through all gyms with only 10 pokes?

Do we need to use montype team as well when we challenge gym leader?

Challengers may use any combination of their 10 Pokemon, challenger does not need to be monotype.

The limitation of 10 is simply there to not bring a full Rain team vs Fire-gym, full Sun-team vs Steel and so on. Those matches aren't really any competitive at all. Having this limitation a challenger will most likely not have a fully optimal counter-team in terms of type effectiveness.

I'm not sure how you'll manage the scheduling of matches but here are my 10 mons.
I'd suggest 1 week to be able to request a rematch and 1 week for a gym leader to reply and only 1 gym leader may be challenged per day. (something like that)
I also think we should be allowed 12 mons rather than 10, but idm 10.

110340c15173dae344c0106ce2b2765f.png7e80795bd16165c4a9f50d71b0243574.png2b995515ab3e0ff14522ee9ae6fe5ed0.png0d17a0649979ec89a9218426d6ba1d88.png
3672fb8eaea095188a76e5ea7d4f744f.pnga2ce32736ad30760b520a63df0012255.png94eebfdb94a829e031d9e3bedcfd6f74.png3ef6f2a2cc0492bc6bfff9d1a0396d98.png

AND FOR THE MEMES

6e9a88f198b03b5ae4b28a5ab7b9030c.png7e6fbc4dc77b5ce18591aed2771ff099.png

Names: Gliscor - Slowbro - Porgyon Z - Scizor - Cryogonal - Ludicolo - Togekiss - Hydreigon - Golduck - Primeape 

Edited by MHkaserz
28 minutes ago, MHkaserz said:

I'm not sure how you'll manage the scheduling of matches but here are my 10 mons.
I'd suggest 1 week to be able to request a rematch and 1 week for a gym leader to reply and only 1 gym leader may be challenged per day. (something like that)
I also think we should be allowed 12 mons rather than 10, but idm 10.

Names: Gliscor - Slowbro - Porgyon Z - Scizor - Cryogonal - Ludicolo - Togekiss - Hydreigon - Golduck - Primeape 

Thank you for your submission. The 2 weeks is there so that the schedule of gym leaders doesn't get overwhelmingly busy. I don't mind a gym leader giving 10 rematches right away if he has time as long as the score of each battle will be recorded but two week sounds reasonable and during that time other leaders may be challenged. I see no reason to limit for only 1 gym leader challenged per day. If gym leaders happen to be online and able to battle you, I really see no reason why they couldn't battle. From the bottom of it, this is supposed to be a fun event. Also I thought of having more Pokemon but even with 10 I felt like the advantage is generally still on the challenger because with 10 Pokemon you can counter a monotype pretty well while leaving your weakest Pokemon away from the matchup. I don't even mind like 65% win rate for challengers - just that I don't want absolute roflstomps and the battles should at least be somewhat entertaining. This is the first time I've ever ran this idea so this all is simply my estimation, if there's some crippling flaws I may adjust it for next challengers and leaders.

True true, I see all of your points to be very valid and I can't wait to have fun with this.. 
The 10 mons one was (in my mind) since the leaders get to see "exactly" what 10 mons they are, it could force players to stray away from certain picks.. 
Like you'd have 4 tanks and 6 sweepers or the other way around.. the leader could usually guess what are the pokemons left in your party and make sure to secure their win condition, it is almost as if they have team preview and you don't (though you still have the mono type knowledge I guess). 

Either way.. this will def be fun, I'm glad such a thing is hosted and I'll start my challenges as soon as all of my 10 mons are ready (2 are left) xD

Edited by MHkaserz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.