The PokeMMO Gym Challenge - Looking for challengers!

Hello everyone. I've thought of this for a while but decided to finally make it happen. This event is a casual event primarily focused on giving experienced something fun to do (becoming gym leaders) and newer players some incentive to breed new Pokemon and experience new Pokemon in battle. The experienced players will sign up as Gym leaders and they're only allowed to use certain types of Pokemon, so this is basically a monotype challenge.

Rules and procedures: 

- Gym leaders apply either in this thread or PM me personally to become a gym leader in a respective typing

- I will personally confirm every gym leader, by liking your post and adding your name to the list. I expect gym leaders to be slightly more experienced players.

- Once all the gyms have a gym leader, challengers may challenge the gym leaders by either PMing them in-game or in forums

- Challengers must submit their team of 10 Pokemon to this thread before starting their challenge against gym leaders. They must use only these 10 Pokemon throughout their challenge. (This is for balance reasons.)

- Gym leader has to respond to the challenge within a reasonable time, if the gym leader goes AWOL we're gonna seek for another gym leader to replace them. If we can't get anyone, every challenger will have a default win from the gym that does not count to their win-loss ratio.

- If you lose to a gym leader, you have to wait two weeks before the same gym leader has to take your challenge. I don't mind instantly accepting rematches but gym leader doesn't have to.

- All scores of the battles will be submitted in this thread, gym leader is responsible for this

- I will accept 15 first challengers to the gym challenge, may accept more if I get donations.

- Battles are 6v6, singles unless specified otherwise. No tier restrictions, standard clauses.

Prizes:

- Everyone who completes the gym challenge, meaning beats all the gyms (no matter how many losses) will earn 500k

- The person who beats the gym challenge with the best win-loss ratio (within a time frame that is TBD) will earn additional 1 million

- The best rated gym leader also gets a prize, at least 1 mil, probably more

- Prizes may get bigger and I may accept more challengers if I get donations, so donate!

Gym Leaders:

Water-type gym: MadaraSixSix

Ice-type gym: OrangeManiac

Grass-type gym: ChuckUNSO

Electric-type gym: SteveDerBaum

Fire-type gym: LKrenz

Dragon-type gym: Pachima
Psychic-type gym: Schuchty

Dark-type gym: Yaritan

Normal-type gym: Pinklabel

Bug-type gym: Goldeneyes

Poison-type gym: Lazaaro

Ground-type gym: REEVS
Fight-type gym: Mkns

Rock-type gym: Aerun

Ghost-type gym (Doubles): Roxxass

Flying-type gym: Bluejim

Steel-type gym: HXIN

Challengers:

16 players TBD

Spoiler

1. DoubleJ

Team: Absol, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Gengar, Breloom, Dragonite, Kabutops, Pelipper, Venomoth, Swampert

Win-rate: 1-1

Gyms beaten: Bug

Gyms lost to: Steel (x1)

2. Yangsam

Team: Gengar, Scizor, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Milotic, Ferrothorn, Salamence, Bronzong, Gyarados, Breloom

Win-rate:

Gyms beaten: Rock

Gyms lost to: Steel (x1)

3. FlaFlaPT

Team: Tyranitar - Excadrill - Conkeldurr - Hydreigon - Volcarona - Reuniclus - Scizor - Whimsicott - Kingdra - Cloyster

Win-rate:

Gyms beaten:

Gyms lost to:

4. Zhiko

Team: Lucario, volcarona, Tentacruel, Excadrill, Gengar, Conkeldur, Swamper, Togekiss, tyranitar, hydreigon

Win-rate: 4-1

Gyms beaten: Normal, Rock, Fire, Electric

Gyms lost to: Ghost (x1)

5. Suneet

Team:

Win-rate:

Gyms beaten:

Gyms lost to:

6. MHkaserz

Team: Gliscor - Slowbro - Porgyon Z - Scizor - Cryogonal - Ludicolo - Togekiss - Hydreigon - Golduck - Primeape

Win-rate: 0-2

Gyms beaten:

Gyms lost to: Ghost (x1), Water (x1)

7. Esranius

Team: Tyranitar - Togekiss - Scizor - Tentacruel - Jolteon - Heracross - Mienshao - Gyrados - Volcarona - Skarmony

Win-rate: 1-1

Gyms beaten: Ice

Gyms lost to: Normal (x1)

8. Aard

Team:

Win-rate:

Gyms beaten:

Gyms lost to:

9. MaatthewMLG

Team: Venomoth - Swampert - Conkeldurr - Togekiss - Dragonite - Tyranitar - Excadrill - Blastoise - Scrafty - Chandelure

Win-rate: 4-1

Gyms beaten: Normal, Ghost, Electric, Ice

Gyms lost to: Rock (x1),

10. Cali

Team: Salamence, Conkeldurr, Ferrothorn, Kingdra, Lucario, Gliscor, Togekiss, Chandelure, Tyranitar, Excadrill

Win-rate: 15-1

Gyms beaten: Rock, Electric, Normal, Bug, Ice, Water, Fight, Grass, Fire, Steel, Ghost, Ground, Dragon, Psychic, Flying
Gyms lost to: Poison (x1)

11. Excavalier

Team:

Win-rate:

Gyms beaten:
Gyms lost to:

12. enchanteur

Team: tyranitar ,magnezone, excadrill, gengar, conkeldurr, breloom, metagross, togekiss, dragonite, hydreigon

Win-rate: 2-3

Gyms beaten: Rock, Ghost,
Gyms lost to: Steel (x1), Water (x1), Fire (x1),

13. TohnR

Team: Milotic, Gliscor, Magnezone, Scizor, Gengar, Krookodile, Crobat, Ferrothorn, Starmie, Heracross 

Win-rate: 5-2

Gyms beaten: Dragon, Ice, Normal, Rock, Grass
Gyms lost to: Electric (x1), Fire (x1)

14. Sebat

Team: Pelipper Kingdra Tyranitar Conkeldur Quagsire Chandelure Togekiss Magnezone Darmanitan Dusclops

Win-rate: 1-2

Gyms beaten: Rock,
Gyms lost to: Ghost (x1), Dragon (x1),

Donations: 

3 mil from Forfiter

300k from Zhiko

300k from Esranius

500k from MaatthewMLG

a lot of dinero from me

Pls donate!

Edited by OrangeManiac

Can we have a limit to the number of Pokemons a challenger can use through the whole thing? 

Sine gyms are limited to monotypes, I assume it becomes too easy with a specific cteam for each one.

I also assume it doesnt really cripple the newer players cuz they most likely don´t have that wide pool of mons to choose from at the first place.

Lastly, I will sign up soon.

11 hours ago, pachima said:

Can we have a limit to the number of Pokemons a challenger can use through the whole thing? 

Sine gyms are limited to monotypes, I assume it becomes too easy with a specific cteam for each one.

I also assume it doesnt really cripple the newer players cuz they most likely don´t have that wide pool of mons to choose from at the first place.

Lastly, I will sign up soon.

Keeping track of everything, especially what Pokemon challengers can have is little bit too tedious to keep track on and I wanna keep the management part of this in bare minimum. The challenger will most likely have a huge advantage over the gym-leader due to the type advantage and the gym leader should do their best to come up with some potential ways not to get roflstomped (Focus Sash best item 2k19). I figured the slight balance would come from the fact that gym leaders are more experienced players and challengers are hopefully a bit newer players so that would balance things out a little bit, but I didn't want to make this challenge too hard and quite frankly have the advantage on the challengers. Just something fun to do when you have nothing else between tournaments so you can collect all the gyms in the meantime.

Update: I started to enforce a rule challengers may only use 10 Pokemon for their whole Gym challenge, they must be submitted in this thread before starting the challenge.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Are we supposed to pm you with the team we're thinking about using so you can do a quality check ? What's the criteria for accepting/refusing gym leader applicants ? Also when would this start so I know if I have time to breed them or not.

Edited by FlaFlaPT
9 minutes ago, FlaFlaPT said:

Are we supposed to pm you with the team we're thinking about using so you can do a quality check ?

No need to. Gym leader may use whatever they wish.

What's the criteria for accepting/refusing gym leader applicants ?

My personal choice. If I don't know you well but you claim to have played in this game more than 20 battles competitively, and you claim to be active enough, I will accept the applicant.

Also when would this start so I know if I have time to breed them or not.

When we have all the gym leaders and 15 challengers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.