Monotype Rock Team

Hi there, my name's Daeed!
My goal on PokeMMO is to become a Monotype Rock Trainer, and eventually get other Monotype people to work with me in a challenge called "The Heavy Eight" but I'll get to that later after I've established myself and my team. I know I've got a loooot of work to do, but I wanted to get my team set up before I did any of that.

So I'm going with Monotype Rock because It's what I've always went with, even on Pokemon Showdown. My main problem is that I'm unfamiliar with PokeMMO's meta, but I still wanna give  this an honest shot and maybe make a name for myself.

My team so far is: Probopass, who's primary job is to check specific spikers/stealth rockers, particularly steel types. It's a guaranteed win against Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory, and is probably the pokemon I'm most proud of, since it has Thunderbolt, HP: Fire, Taunt, and Explosion. It's job is pretty simple. 

Other pokemon I know I'll be including are Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, and Cradily, but I'm very torn on what the other 2 will be. I've heavily considered grabbing Lunatone because they can learn Trick Room, which would beautifully setup for Aggron and its Head Smash. But that locks in Lunatone to Hypnosis, Trick Room, and Baton Pass, leaving it only 1 other move, perhaps, which might end up being Psychic.

I'm not even sure where to begin asking for help with this.

3 hours ago, Duboris said:

My team so far is: Probopass 

Other pokemon I know I'll be including are Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, and Cradily, but I'm very torn on what the other 2 will be. I've heavily considered grabbing Lunatone because they can learn Trick Room, which would beautifully setup for Aggron and its Head Smash. But that locks in Lunatone to Hypnosis, Trick Room, and Baton Pass, leaving it only 1 other move, perhaps, which might end up being Psychic.

Looks like u already started working toward weakness-balancing for Ground/Fighting/Water/etc move toward your Rock team by including Aero, Lunatone, Cradily (shame Cradily doesn't have Storm Drain yet in this game thou).

I'd suggest starting off deciding which tier (OU/UU/NU) you want to play this mono team in Pokemmo first, then you will be able to see clearly what are the prominent threats to your team. That being said, if u have Tyranitar, then its OU. Taking it off, then its NU. So take that into consideration.

In case you just want to play this as a fun style versus friends, then feel free to ask more specific questions.

Some random suggestions of good Rock mons to you could be Omastar and Crustle with Shell Smash setup, Rock Polish Rhyperior, or even Armaldo for hazard setup and spinner. Decide a play style and the roles your team lacks is important. 

Built a few teams and it's difficult to work around an opposing SD Scizor and/or a GUTS Conkeldurr with Mono-Rock. I'd recommend a combo of Carracosta with Shell Smash + Aqua Jet and a Magcargo, as it can sponge some Scizor attacks and potentially burn with Flame Body. Aerodactyl is an interesting add that can potentially threaten Conkeldurr with CB Aerial Ace, but you also could use Defog support as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Magcargo - sash/balloon - memento - screens - stealth rocks - one or two attacks
(can be a special attacker - Flame body to burn some physical foes)

(a well timed memento can do wonders) 

Armaldo - spin/knock off - stealth rocks and stabs
(handles a fighting hit)

Tyranitar - DD sweeper
(make sure 1 DD makes him faster than 183, avoiding potential super fang from Crobat that would chip you and most fast-non scarfed mons) 
(Kill a scarfed Meinsho/Hera and the likes before bringing him in)

Archeops - U turn - Heatwave - EQ - Slide ..Heatwave to surprise a Ferro ..invest in both atk and sp atk
(You probably want to use a choice item on him)

(can add a flying move or run Acrobatics@Flying gem variant to handle fighting types better)

Kabutops - Priority avenger or Get a physical shell smasher in his stead 

(The turtle one could get both aqua jet and shell smash I think) 

Omastar - Special attacker and shell smasher

That's what I'd go for.

Edited by MHkaserz