Mewtwo/Rayquaza Status Button

BoltBlades12

Question

It's a bit difficult finding Mewtwo/Rayquaza for Dex purposes especially when you don't know whether or not they're in the wild or owned by a Trainer. So my idea is that there should be a button or something related to mewtwo/rayquaza that you can go to so you can see whether or not it's at large in the wild, or owned by another trainer. And a bigger plus to that would be if it's under trainer ownership, which channel they're on and what route they're on so you can go there and challenge them for it.

Edited by BoltBlades12

3 answers to this question

If someone caught a mewtwo/ray, there is game-wide message, who caught it and on which channel you can look for him. 

After you caught mewtwo/Ray there is short amount of time (like 20mins?) after which he escapes back to the wild. Which is also announced. 

Your button would be useful not only in very rare situation but also in pretty narrow window 

22 hours ago, Toupi said:

If someone caught a mewtwo/ray, there is game-wide message, who caught it and on which channel you can look for him. 

Actually that message is only region wide so if you are in another region you will never see if anyone has it.

After you caught mewtwo/Ray there is short amount of time (like 20mins?) after which he escapes back to the wild. Which is also announced. 

I managed to hold mewtwo for over an hour not so long ago so I doubt there is anything like that 20 minutes timer (i ran the whole way from cerulean cave to the safari zone while passing by verm)

Your button would be useful not only in very rare situation but also in pretty narrow window 

I agree that a button for that seems like potentially too much but some way of knowing that someone has it would be nice. A message every 10 minutes without a fight for example, because once you loose the people that are after you and you are in a town you can hide easily (I personally hid at the back of the safari zone with mewtwo for sometime while the last alert of my location was in verm).

42 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Actually that message is only region wide so if you are in another region you will never see if anyone has it.

You are probably right. My bad, what I had in mind when I wrote "game-wide" is it doesn't matter on which channel you are. I understood this suggestion as a help for ppl who are hunting for mewtwo/ray, so they don't look for pokemon which is already caught by someone. That's why I didn't even consider message in other regions.

49 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

I managed to hold mewtwo for over an hour not so long ago so I doubt there is anything like that 20 minutes timer (i ran the whole way from cerulean cave to the safari zone while passing by verm)

I agree that a button for that seems like potentially too much but some way of knowing that someone has it would be nice. A message every 10 minutes without a fight for example, because once you loose the people that are after you and you are in a town you can hide easily (I personally hid at the back of the safari zone with mewtwo for sometime while the last alert of my location was in verm).

That's amazing story but I believe this is something out of ordinary. I admit, Im not camping mewtwo/ray but from what I've seen it usually boils down to besieging a guy with legendary until he is beaten (with few extra steps between battles before someone re-challanges him). 

I always try to think what good would suggestion bring for the player or the game in general.

This button would be useful when you are hunting mewtwo/ray even though someone already caught it (in this case, chance to encounter it is 0%  so you do worthless encounters). For this situation you have message informing who caught it.

This button could still be useful because message is displayed once so there is a possibility for you to log in after it. In this rare situation player saves 59min-1min(or whatever time it is for mewtwo/ray to got bored) worth of encounters if no one beats the owner in meantime ofc. 

The other situation in which this button is useful is your example of losing chase and hiding somewhere quiet. Owning mewtwo/ray have 0 benefits so you would do this just for fun, you can't abuse it so it's not really a problem to adress. Especially if In this (imo) rare situation, you are forced to find a guy or just wait for mewtwo/ray to got bored.

For me, this is another piece of UI that serves little to none purpose. The only situations in which it's useful are pretty marginal.

It's on the same level as having special indicator if you have shiny follower out. Just what's the point?